I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at Terranea last week for business and it did not disappoint. The resort is located in Palos Verdes which is less than 20 miles south of LAX. It is located on a Peninsula that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. The rooms are very nice (mine had a small balcony with a great view of the ocean). It also comes with a five point bathroom which I believe is standard for all rooms ( I appreciate the shower being separated from the bath tub). The grounds are expansive and it is perfect for those looking to relax and who enjoy taking walks along pathways that run parallel to the ocean for miles.
What impressed me most is that the Resort was sold out during my stay so I was prepared to be inundated with other guests at the outlets, fitness center etc. This was not the case, Terrenea offers a number of Food & Beverage outlets as well as two pools (one for adults only) as well as a large fitness center and so you have the feeling that you are the only one in-house... Overall, an incredible stay with very friendly staff and beautiful accommodations.
Notes: The Fitness Center is located in a separate building and across from the spa however, you need to go through the Spa to get to it. I found this out after touring the outside of the Fitness Center. Also, the Resort is less than 20 miles from LAX however, this is LA so plan on about a 40-45 minutes drive. Remember though, that for most destinations you cannot fly direct. 40 minutes in a car beats a layover in the airport waiting to catch my second flight...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular dining venues, a world-class spa, three oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes