“Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terranea Resort

You added Terranea Resort to your Saves list
Terranea Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Terranea Way, driving directions, 6610 Palos Verdes Drive South, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275   |
Offers & Announcements
BLACK FRIDAY DEAL
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful resort offering plenty of options for everyone ranging from a quiet spa pool, lively adult pool, slide in the kids pool, hiking trails, golf, kayak, etc.

There is no need to leave the resort, but if one decides to do so, there are plenty of options in the area. It's a close drive to San Pedro, long beach, and Torrance.

The rooms are nicely decorated. The casitas are equipped with a full kitchen, washing machine and dryer among other things. The bathroom is spacious. The place is very relaxing.

I love this place.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Turkish first
Marin County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Yes, all the review are correct on this beautiful resort. You will love the views and the comfortable rooms. The food is not a five star rating and it is costly. However, you will be paying extra for a resort fee $25 and parking $20 or Valet $30. We were going to be charged $40 for using the spa amenities and we were there less than a half hour. We where charge $20 a day to park and the employees parked right next us. Now, is there something wrong with this rule? Just remember you will be paying additional $50 day with your room rate. Yes, once you accept these unruly charges then you will enjoy yourself.

Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is my second review of this property. I live a few minutes away from The Terranea and recommend it to my friends and family when they come and visit. My husband and I were able to escape for a stay-cation for a night. We stayed in an ocean-view king bedroom. It was perfect! I love the bathroom, the bed and the balcony. The view is amazing! I slept well and felt fully relaxed the next day. The drinks at the adult pool were great although a bit expensive but that is to be expected. I have family arriving in a week and they are staying for 2 nights at The Terranea. I cannot wait to see what they think of it.

Room Tip: Cannot go wrong with an ocean view room :-)
Pullman, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff and a flute of champagne - and informed that we had been upgraded to a suite. It was a splendid accommodation with live orchids, a spacious living room, French doors to the bedroom suite, a huge dressing/closet area outside the bathroom, which had a walled-off commode and shower, double sinks with another orchid, and a huge soaking tub with bath salts and loofah provided. The living room and bedroom each had a sliding door onto a small patio with 2 chairs and a table right on a large central lawn. The lawn had seemingly organized children's activities one morning, but the children were not bothersome.
This suite on the far end of the ground floor of the main building was far away from the front desk through a labyrinth of halls, but the accommodation was so serene that we didn't mind the walk. Also there was an external entrance - and an exit - quite close which was very convenient to self parking - far superior to the long walk back through halls to the main desk that valet parking would have required.
SeaBeans - the cafe just outside the main entrance - has wonderful pastries, great sandwiches, espresso, fresh fruit smoothies, and gelato, plus sundries, bottled drinks, snacks, etc. Healthy food for a fraction of the price of the many fine restaurants on site.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with easy access to self parking - $20 a day compared to $30 for valet and far more c...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

i usually don't write reviews but after this weekend it was a MUST thing to do.
i recommend this resort for everybody, for couples it is a very romantic spot,for family it is very fun with lots of nature around, for adults group it is relaxing and fun (at the adults pool u can listen to great music and have good cocktails), even for solo it is a perfect getaway...fill you with new positive energies
the hotel it is a big resort! you can have a long walk on the cliff, see dolphins, sea lions and more...
the hotel have great restaurants with very very good food, they have sports bar/rest on the cliff.
the rooms have the best view, i recommend to sit at the balcony and have room service for breakfast(very healthy cooked).

The hotel also have an EXCELLENT SERVICE!!!!!!! ONE OF THE BEST HOTELS!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: OCEAN VIEW!!!!!!! the hotel also has villas
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The views are stunning, the rooms were absolutely brand new and impeccable. The pools were great as well and had great views.

My excitement for booking our stay at this 5 star hotel was quickly dampened as soon as I received the confirmation email staing very clearly there was going to be a parking charge. I felt like this was one of the most important things I should know about. Yeah...I got it so my excitement levels were quickly moving south.

Upon arrival we saw the sign for the $20 parking and noticed had we stopped and parked on the side of the road just before the sign the parking was free. At the reception we were greeted with a warm smile and were offered a glass of champagne which I thought was a very nice touch. Then we went to our rooms which I must say were impeccable the hotel being newly opened.

The grounds were beautiful and so were the views. I knew about the resort fee and also about the parking fee. But I didn't know about the 18% (or was it 20%) gratuity fee automatically added to any room service for "the guest's convenience". Really??? Is it a "convenience" for me as a guest to pay 18% (or 20% I can't remember exactly) whether or not I get good service? So this was another dampener.

Now to the spa, and this was the worst experience me and my wife had from all the spa's we have been to. The entry to the spa was $40 but this was waived if you booked a treatment. Thinking it would be worth the price we both booked a pedicure. My wife went first while I stayed with the kids and while didn't want to give much away told me about how dissapointed she was with her soa treatment. Little did I know the exact thing would happen to me. The spa was ok, nothing to write home about but it wasn't bad either. Of course, for my own "convenience" a gratuity fee was added but I had the option to have this removed from the charges after the treatment was over.

Upon entering I noticed there were 5 seats against the wall and there was one in the middle and two on each side which had some kind of wall in front of them for privacy. Given I was the only one having a pedicure guess which seat I was given? Yes, of course it shouldn't have been but it was the one in the middle without any privacy whatsoever and anyone entering the spa reception could see this seat. So yeah, everyone (no exception) coming in to the spa reception could see me having a pedicure. I cannot understand why give me this seat when the other seats were empty and even so, why not use some kind of partition for this seat also to offer some kind of privacy.

The therapist left a lot to be desired. She left me at least twice by myself while she went for several minutes to go and do I do not know what and also ended my treatment sooner because since I was a male and of course I didn't need my nails painted which was part of this particular manicure then perhaps there was nothing else left to do. If that is the case, why not do a light foot massage or take some extra time to exfoliate my feet or whatever since I had to pay the same amount as a female? This is a 5 star place so shouldn't then there be a say pedicure for women and one for men which would indicate a shorter time and of course a smaller cost? Anyway, my wife I found out afterwards was given the same seat from where she could see everyone who came in. I do not remember the name of the therapyst but I remember she was a more mature lady.

But let's end this on a positive note. A great touch was the free chauffered car the hotel was offering for trips within 5 miles from the hotel. This came in very useful when my wife wanted to have her hair done at a salon in the close by shopping centre called Golden Cove Shopping Centre. The salon is called Scandia and my wife was very pleased with the service and treatment from this salon. Also close by in this same shopping centre was a Trader Joe's so for a quick shopping trip the hotel's own "taxi" which was free came in very handy.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This was my second stay at the Terranea in the last two months. I traveled back with my family from South Carolina to spend spring break at this incredible property right on the Pacfic Ocean. My wife and I were here in February and just fell in love with the resort. I have stayed at the Montage and the Ritz Carlton a little farther south in Laguna and this property ranks right up there with both of those and it just may be better! The property sits on over 100 acres in Racho Palos Verdes about 30 minutes south of LAX. The resort is less than three years old. It is in a very exclusive community with fantastic walking trails all along the ocean.
The resort is large but has a lot of wide opens spaces and you never feel crowded. The main pool does have a lot kids but there is a spa pool for adults that sits right on the ocean. There are a number of different types of accomodations available. I stayed in the hotel last time and it was great but this time we had a Bungalow. It was a huge two bedroom unit with a two huge balconies one with a fireplace. The views from the Bungalows are the best and closest to the ocean.
The only complaint about this resort is there always seemed to be something going on and it was loud at times. It was mainly workers cutting the grass and maintaining the grounds which are absolutely beautiful. This was mainly during the day and not at night.
I have stayed at many Ritz and Four Season properties and if you like that caliber of a property then you cannot go wrong Terranea.
You can book through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts and get all of the standard amenties that come with the program and they currently have a promotion that gives you the 4th night free for a four night stay.
Service was outstanding in every way and so was all the food. I feel this property is an extremely good value for the money you spend.
Oceanside rooms offer the best views in all categories. If you book a Villa or Casita make sure to request one that is close to the main hotel or you may feel somewhat isolated. I would also recommend a second floor unit for better views and more privacy.

Room Tip: Oceanside categories offer the best view. The Bungalows are the best available. Stay away from 1st...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Terranea Resort? Share your experiences!