“An absolute Gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terranea Resort

You added Terranea Resort to your Saves list
Terranea Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Terranea Way, driving directions, 6610 Palos Verdes Drive South, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275   |
Special Offer
Third Night FREE!
san diego
“An absolute Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We started going to the Terranea right when it opened a few years ago. Having family in the area we tend to go there three times every year. We think of it as OUR
(my husband, son and my) hotel and that is because the Terranea whether at capacity or slow because it is off season always makes us feel special and important like we are the only ones there. That's Service and it is everywhere - bar, restaurant, front desk, room service - impressive. As far as beauty it is second to none and has something for everyone - great for kids, wonderful spa and gym, and pools to suit the mood - laps, adult time only or playing with our son on the water slide. We just love it!

Room Tip: Really, they are all good.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Terranea Resort is away from the city on high ground overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean. The trek from the airport is worth it. And you don't have to stay in the best room/suite to enjoy the vistas and amenities of the resort. The spa is lovely with it's own restful pool. Make sure to enjoy the sunset from the fire pit outside Nelson's restuarant. We chose to enjoy the sounds of the waves around the firepit with a bottle of wine and the staff brought us lovely blanets to keep us warm. The resort is great for business meetings and for holidays. The suites are over the top with amazing views. The staff are gracious and available. I was in a normal room with a semi view and it was so beautiful I chose to have breakfast in my room each morning. Once you arrive, you may not want to leave the resort, so leave the driving to the hotel service, forget the rental car.

Room Tip: I don't think you can have a bad room at the Terranea, just depends how much money you want to s...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

It’s location is good and bad. It’s terribly out of the way since it’s buried in Palos Verdes, which could take you over an hour to get to from the freeway. However, because of it’s location there is peace and quiet and fabulous unobstructed views of the ocean. The overall feeling is very similar to Pelican Hill in Newport Coast. The property itself may even trump Pelican Hill since it has a private beach, and 3 separate pools each with its own personality. The spa facilities is one of the best I’ve ever seen, and the massage treatment itself was excellent. A stay here must include a visit to the spa.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

Kid friendly with waterside and splash area. Nice spa and fitness facility. It was hard to find lounge chairs by the pool. By 10 am they were all taken. Beach is rocky but there are nice caves and panoramic views. Food over priced but good. Rooms were tiny but clean. Service was generally good but few staff members were rude.

• Stayed March 2011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

It's difficult to fathom as to where to begin when speaking about this wonderful resort. The location is exquisite and fortunately it's product and service exceeds the expectations set when seeing the property. Somehow Terranea manages to take you beyond a five star experience as the property truly makes you feel connected to the land, incredible views and the wide array of offerings on the 100+ acres. I was fortunate enough to eat at all the outlets at Terranea and will say that you will be extremely hard pressed to find anything as good at freestanding restaurants in major cities (I am from NY). Nelson's was my favorite. Looking forward to when I can return!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
11/22/2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I am constantly on the road for work and luckily stayed in some very exclusive resortsl The Terranea exceeded my expectations. The only negative comment I can make is upon check in the reception area has to much echo which makes it difficult to converse with the Front Desk Representative.
As soon as I left the reception area I had an overwhelming experience of quiet and a calming environment. The grounds are exceptional. The views are breathtaking. Dining in the mar'sel was perfect and well suited for a business meeting. The Kitchen (restaurant) was satifactory. We had a large group of 20 and it overwhelmed the staff. The Kitchen is better suited for a casual dinner and breakfast/lunch but in the mar'sel the staff accommodated every request without concern with great service. The golf course is beautiful. I golf but I am not a golfer. I like the sport and the comradery but care less about the rules. I am that golfer golfers hate; I tee up on every shot except when putting. With that said the course is great and again the view are again exceptional. The weather is coastal so it changes throughout the day. Bring a sweater.
If you have a choice; forget anywhere else and head here. Great place.
FYI: The cab ride from LAX was $90's one way. Better to rent a car.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Terranea Resort is a beautiful resort overlooking the ocean and coast line as well as has many places on the property to relax and have nice meal or just watch the sunset. I was there for business for an event and the accommodations were extremely nice. The room was clean and modern, the room was on the first floor and I had a small patio to sit outside and watch the ocean views. I liked how the rooms are a bit slanted so not everyone can see into your room. The opportunities that I observed as I also work in a customer service industry was when I checked in which was at a very late time, around 11pm. The valet and bellman were extremely friendly, but it was very apparent that the employee checking us in was ready to go home. I know this, because I was told, after she checked me in, she was leaving. It wasn't bad service, but it wasn't the welcome I was hoping for, after driving over 40 miles and exhausted to walk into a beautiful resort and have a half decent welcome. The bellman remembered to get my husband and I the glass of champagne, not the front desk individual. I think her name was Jennifer? Regardless, the event was wonderful, the food was divine and the restaurant overlooking the ocean was fun and relaxing having comfy chairs and fireplaces. Overall, would I return? Maybe.

Room Tip: I would probably have preferred a 2nd floor or above, so I wouldn't have people right outside my...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Terranea Resort? Share your experiences!