“Spacious rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Santa Barbara, California
“Spacious rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

We bought a 2bd/2ba rental off ebay for 599$ for 7 nights. How could you go wrong? You can't. Large facilities for the 2bd, washer dryer, kitchen and kitchenette beautiful grounds. Fun pool for the kids, the only problem was parking. We had to walk quite a ways to our unit and with groceries it could be difficult but for the price who cares? Every morning took nice walks along the golf course. Staff was helpful, love it here in the desert would stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Korean first
Playa Blanca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Just returned from a week at the Westin Mission Hills. Hotel brilliant, spacious room, very comfortable bed. Hotel full over the 4th July weekend but you would never have known as the restuarants etc still quiet. Main pool busy but adult only pool fine Breakfast mainly al la carte except for weekend but always delicious. Will definately return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
MMacleod1, Director of Sales at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Thank you for your recent review - we are happy that you were able to join us over the 4th of July holiday. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your room - our signature Heavenly beds definitely make a difference. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I would give this resort a four star for the overall feel for the place especially for the price I paid. The facilities are good for kids and has the usual amenities you'd expect from a resort.

The only things that I would say I would rate a three star would be the rooms themselves. Although very spacious and the beds are pretty comfy, the look and decor of the room is definitely not a four star. Also to note is to access the second floor of these rooms there are no elevators...keep that in mind if that would be an issue for you. Noise-wise, the only thing that was a bother was the gardener blowing leaves or mowing the lawn in the morning as well as the housekeeping people walking around with their walkie talkies blaring out loud. Not that it was very bad for me. Just wanted to point that out in case you're a very light sleeper and want to sleep in.

Note that there's a $23 daily resort fee at the time of this writing. This covers parking, access to the pool and fitness areas and a few other things. When checking in you will want to ask for which rooms are available...do you want to face the pool, golf course, parking lot, or the neighbors?

All in all, I'd return here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I had an event with my company (Yamaha Motor Corp)in February and I had a great experience then. I went back on June 18th to celebrate my 30th B-Day and I enjoyed my stay specially because I got to enjoy the resort to the fullest and I wasn't working. Todd Sisler and Christal Lees helped me with my reservation and surprised me upon my arrival to my room, I found a champagne and chocolate cover strawberries. Thats special thought ment so much for me and my boyfriend. a couple of friends joined us on Saturday 06/19/10 and they had their own room that they loved and they loved the resort as a whole and they mentioned to me that they will definetely go back. We might be planning another trip in few month and most likely we will stay at the Westin again. Every employee at the Westin Hills is very friendly and caring. My overall experience was more than amazing.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us, and for making us a part of your birthday celebration this year. Our staff works hard to ensure each guest has a personal, revitalizing experience - we appreciate your acknowledgement of Todd and Crystal and will be sure to pass your thoughts along to them. We look forward to welcoming you again soon, and invite you to contact us if there is anything we can do to better your stay.

Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

I used Starwood points, so it only cost about $30 (resort fee) for the night. A nice Westin property but not quite up to the usual. Didn't get to play the golf course but it looked nice.
Food was a little pricey, but it is hard to find much that is reasonable in Palm Springs.
If you're paying full price there are probably better options.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
MMacleod1, Director of Sales at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2010
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I truly regret that your stay was not what you expected. We constantly work to be certain we are providing each individual guest with the best stay possible, and I can assure you your comments have been noted. Should you decide to stay with us in the future, please feel free to contact me personally at wmhr@westin.com so that I can ensure your experience mirrors our dedication to service and excellence.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

Westin Mission Hills has been a special getaway for us for many years. Everything seems to be a quality 10 everytime we visit. The most important thing to me has been the level of treatment from the staff when we are there. It is very rare to feel that you are being handle on an individual basis in a resort this size. Since our first visit it has felt like we are staying with friends rather than vacationing at a resort. For us it has been an experience few couples ever get to experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review - we were grateful to have the chance to learn about your experience with us. Taking time for relaxation is so important and we are glad that our resort has become your getaway destination. We constantly strive to provide all of our guests with the individualized service that you have described. If there is anything we can do to ensure your next stay is just as inspiring, please feel free to contact us directly at whmr@westin.com.

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Stayed in the Westin Mission Hills for just one night July 1st to July 2nd as a pit stop between San Diego and Las Vegas. Compared to the previous two upper class chain hotels we booked (Renaissance in Hollywood and Hyatt Mission Bay in San Diego) it was absolutely perfect for us. Check in took 20 minutes (actual check in: 5 minutes, lots of useful tipps/recommendations by the concierge desk: 15 minutes) and was really warm and helpful. So was all the staff we had contact with. We stayed in a room with a mountain view, which was fine. But the room itself was great (Minibar & extra Fridge, spacy, nicely decorated). Balcony with seating. Two big 'ups' for me: 1. complimentary internet - good. 2. Lots of towels - neat. Pool was nice, didnt have time for the restaurants, which seemed a little expensive. Rates were better than previous two hotels. In short: Really nice & relaxing stay. Would definetely return for a couple of days...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
MMacleod1, Director of Sales at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
Thank you for enjoying part of your vacation here at the Westin Mission Hills Resort. We appreciate the compliments and we look forward to your return visit.

Stay well.

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!