I recently was at the hotel for a stay during the BNP Paribas Open from March 17-20. I have to say that I was severely disappointed with my stay, from the service to the accommodations, to the billing.
The difficulty started when I first got to the hotel. Although it was a little bit later (around 10pm), I would not have expected for there to be no valet in site. After waiting for 5 minutes, we ended up leaving the car and having to go in to reception to have them help us find someone.
Once we checked in, we headed over to our room, which faced the road despite my loyalty to Starwood, and immediately were struck by how stuffy and warm the room was, despite the fact the air conditioning was on 65 degrees. It was clearly broken.
After unsuccessfully calling the front desk three times (where it rang or 10+ rings with no one picking up), I finally got through to the desk. 15 minutes later, someone came to our door. No apology and tinkered through our room for 5 minutes with no progress. At this point, I asked for a different room, he radioed that in, and was denied. 15 minutes later he finally got it fixed.
That was all an improvement until we came back our third night and the air conditioning was again broken. Frustrated with our experience the first night, instead of submitting ourselves to another 45 minute rigmarole, we decided to open our windows for a bit and thankfully the air had cooled off.
We checked out the next day. As per usual, as we didn't charge anything out of the ordinary, I did not look at my folio. Imagine my surprise then when I looked at the folio and despite having paid for the room with points, there was a $75 cost per night for the room.
Thus in the end, not only were the accommodations in poor condition, the service was poor, but the hotel also overcharged a 100-night Platinum member. Not what I would expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 60-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the new Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA