“A must stay! Loved everything about this place!” 5 of 5 stars

4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco Bay Area
“A must stay! Loved everything about this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed at this resort with my husband and one year old and we had such a great experience. Our villa was super clean and had a perfect layout. The pools were beautiful, the restaurants were great. The best part of our customer service experience was after my daughter lost one of her teddy bears on the grounds. One of the friendly pool staff brought her a build-a-bear kit to stuff her own bear and color her own t shirt. This was going above and beyond what is normally expected of excellent customer service. We hope to go back and visit soon. It was the perfect family getaway!

Room Tip: The villas a perfect for small families. There is a pool on the villas side but it is adults only...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Shan78,
Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate the time you took to share your recent experience with us. We are thrilled you hear you and your family had a magnificent time during your stay in our resort, We are delighted to know our associates went above and beyond for you and surpassed your expectations... but most importantly made your one year old forget about the lost teddy bear by giving her another one, that is great! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Be well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We are currently staying at the Mission HIlls Resort. Obviously it is a very busy weekend with Coachella and Easter coinciding, however there has been many disappointing incidences over the weekend that I don't believe just being "busy" warrant. First off, our room was not ready when we arrived. We didn't think this was a big deal, we went to a place nearby to eat and wait for them to call us when our room was ready. They never called. At about 4:45pm we returned to the hotel and the room was still not ready so they offered to downgrade our room to a Standard room, which was ready. I was trying to be cooperative but I did not want to receive a room downgrade (I've had many upgrades in my life, but never a downgrade). They were able to finally find a Golf View room, which leads to my biggest complaint.

The pool near our building (building 14), had been reserved for a private party the entire length of our stay (it was reserved for the entire week) Why would they rent out their nicest pool on one of their busiest weekends? The worst part is, whoever "rented" this pool, never uses it! I have walked by three or four times (on my way to the pool I can use - about ten minutes away) and no one is there!! Horrible management decision.

Customer service has been sub par. I asked to be moved closer to the other pool (where the people we are traveling with are staying) and they were quite rude and didn't even attempt to accommodate my request. They just told me to take the shuttle to the other side.

I've ordered late night room service - don't even bother. The pizza and salad were awful. Also ordered food to the pool and only half my order ever arrived.

Also, be sure to check you bills. There is a 17% gratuity automatically included. I didn't read this so was giving out 40% tips on everything I had purchased until I realized it three days in.

I will say the beds are very comfortable. And the grounds are well kept, just a shame I can't even use the beautiful pool next to my room. Last year I stayed at the JW Marriott and I think next year I will do the same.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near a pool that is open, otherwise you'll be walking a lot.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
WestinMissionHills, General Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear BarbaraForde,
Thank you for your sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay at our resort. We know the weekend you stayed with us was a bit hectic due to Coachella and Easter being at the same time. This however does not excuse the level of service provided. Also please accept our apologies for the closure of the Las Hadas pool due to a private event. We hope that you were able to take advantage of our main pool, Las Brisas, or our third pool, La Paloma! Your feedback has been communicated with the various departments mentioned so we can address them and make improvements moving forward. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your Heavenly Bed and we are delighted that the care and upkeep of our grounds shines through. We hope you have the opportunity to join us again so we can give you the fantastic service you expect and deserve.
Randy Zupanski
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very lovely stay, from the rooms to the location. The hotel is in beautiful grounds and in a very peaceful location. We will definitely stay again. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and after coming back to the hotel late the first night, we were given a lift back to our villa by golf buggy with a member of staff. We were very near the pool and reception, and could not have asked for a better stay. The villa itself was also beautiful.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Sophiehooper,
Thank you for your recent review! We are pleased to hear you had a fabulous time during your stay with us. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed our heavenly rooms as well as our convenient location. We are glad our team was able to go above and beyond for you and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Check in was delayed because room was not ready...I arrived at 3pm!!! REALLY
Roaches in room with no concern from staff!!!
Pool was gross!!!!
I was credited $50 for an incidence but then the vibe changed and they were somewhat rude!!!!!
fun resort for kids but they need to fumigate their rooms and retrain their staff on hospitality.

Room Tip: Do not get building 6, next to employee cafeteria!!! Roaches, loud air conditioner
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Gloria S,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay in our resort from the delay in the room to the associates’ behavior. If you could, please contact our Director of Rooms, Jim Pulver, at 760.770.2122 as we would like to follow up with you directly. We truly hope you have the opportunity to join us again so we can provide you with the exceptional service you expect and deserve.
Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Just wanted to give a note of appreciation to Crystal Gonzalez, of the Front Desk Staff. My kids were playing a game near the lagoon on property, when some other kids (presumably) stole a piece of the game and threw it in the lagoon. The lagoon is home to a new family of ducklings, so we did not want to wade in after the piece ourselves. We went to the front desk to explain the situation, and Crystal took it upon herself to borrow a piece of pool equipment and walked all the way to the other end of the resort to 'rescue' the piece from the lagoon - all without scaring the ducklings. Since we would not be able to play the game without all the pieces, Crystal ensured that the rest of our vacation will be full of fun and games!! Thank you, Crystal!

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room 'facing the lagoon' - buildings 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 or 40.
Green Features: They offered us the chance to opt out of housekeeping in exchange for Westin points.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear KearnsFamily2014,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are pleased to know that our associate Crystal Gonzales went above and beyond for you, exceeding your expectations. We are thrilled to hear that thanks to her efforts the rest of your family vacations was full of fun games and quality time with your family. We truly hope you have the opportunity to join us again.
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just wanted to thank Ipek Ozturk of the Westin Mission Hills security/lost and found and my housekeeper there for the easy and quick return of a jacket I dropped as I was leaving the room to check out. I noticed it was missing 2 hours later when I got home and with one phone call they had located my jacket and I had it back in my hands just 3 days later. It was Fed Exed to me free of charge. I have never had any item returned to me from a hotel before so I really felt I had to let them know how much it was appreciated!

Room Tip: Even rooms that don't face the golf course have great views of ponds, pools or grassy areas.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karyn M,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are pleased to hear that our security team was able to go above and beyond for you. We are glad we could locate your jacket and deliver it in a timely manner. We will definitely share your comments with our associate Ipec Ozturk as he will be thrilled to know he caused a positive impact on you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Every morning we woke up to new guests in our room- cockroaches! From babies to adults, it's clear there was an infestation and it's clear the hotel knew about it because these cockroaches were slow moving in the morning time- probably had ingested poison. Instead of properly fumigating and waiting to get the infestation under control before housing guests in the (block 4) building- the hotel chose to give us a room with a known problem. Our daily complaints were not met with a lot of concern or apology. Not much was done. We weren't relocated or offered a discount or given a proper apology for the inconvenience. The service and reaction to the problem was seriously lack-luster which is a shame because the hotel and pool are nice and some of the waitstaff were fabulous. We would have loved to return annually and stay during Coachella but after the lack of response from the staff? Definitely not!

Tip: if you get a room in building 4, ask for a different room!

• Stayed April 2014
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Emmnyt,
Thank you for your recent review. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay but appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. If you could, please contact our Director of Rooms, Jim Pulver, at 760.770.2122 as we would like to follow up with you directly. On the other hand, we are pleased to hear you loved the amenities we have created for all of our guests as well as the pool and our fabulous staff. We genuinely hope you have the opportunity to join us again so we can provide you with the exceptional service you expect and deserve.
Be well,

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!