We stayed at the Mission Hills resort over Christmas and had a wonderful experience! Where to begin!! We loved:
- The pool - we had so much fun playing volleyball, basketball, sitting in the hot tub. We were 3 families and had a blast. The pool was extremely warm and perfect for December. We all agree it's one of the best pools we have experienced.
- The grounds - expansive and lush. Other reviewers complain about the long walks, but we loved them!
- The staff. Our anniversary is on Christmas and we enjoyed drinks by the fire pit outside the bar. Our friends surprised us with a cake and then the waitress surprised us with a tiramisu to celebrate. It was a very nice gesture and the tiramisu was delicious!
- The activities. The resort had activities planned every day. One of the best was holiday cookie decorating. Everyone got a chef hat and, cookies and toppings for decorating. The adults were provided Champagne to enjoy while decorating. One of the great memories from the trip!
- Starbucks on site
- The arcade and game room - The kids enjoyed some downtime with a lot of gaming options. I enjoyed a throwback to Ms. Pac Man
- Heavenly bed
- Large bathroom with a rain shower
- The manager gave us free breakfast coupons and the kids enjoyed the plentiful breakfast buffet
We ate at various restaurants in Palm Springs so I can't comment on the resort restaurants.
We enjoyed Indian Canyon for hiking and the Aerial Tram. I highly recommend both!
Just two minor items:
1) Check in was a little bumpy as we had 3 rooms and the hotel had incorrect information that didn't match my booking. The manager was very responsive though and got our rooms arranged quickly.
2) The resort view rooms are a little dark and could use updating to make them more resort feel instead of standard hotel room
Overall a great experience for the family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 60-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the new Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA