“Beautiful Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
West Covina, California
“Beautiful Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

After a long drive from LA County where the desert landscape was all you saw on either side of the freeway, it was nice to come upon the oasis that is The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa. The grounds were lush and beautiful. The running water of the rock fountain in the courtyard was calming and peaceful. If I had the time, I would have been content to just sit and relax next to the fountain. The decor was elegant, but very welcoming. I went to celebrate my birthday: lunch & a mini spa day with the girls. Lunch at Pinzimini was delicious. We all enjoyed our entrées. The dessert was to-die for. And as a bonus, we got to sample the coconut bread pudding, which was so moist and flavorful. As our server, Lee was not only super attentive, but he also provided a very informative brief history of the resort and the surrounding landmarks. I've been to Palm Springs several times, but never had I learned so much about the city. Thanks Lee for the short historical narratives! Monica, director of the spa services, greeted us with a warm smile and took very good care of us as we checked in for our mani-pedi appointments. Beatriz & Maricela were assigned to my friends and me for our mani-pedi appointments. Both were so gentle, yet thorough. I’d also like to add that Beatriz certainly knows her colors. I picked a shade of nail polish. Looking at the shade I picked, she knew what kind of look I was going for and she suggested a shade that was even more complementary to my skin tone than the shade I picked. It was a great day! Hopefully, the next time we’ll get to spend an entire weekend at the resort. This place is definitely one of the go-to places in Palm Springs!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Arlene D,

Thank you for sharing your review, and we appreciate your compliments. We are so pleased to hear that you & your friends enjoyed a refreshing stay at our resort. It is truly a pleasure to know that you were able to experience the unparalleled customer service that we strive to provide all guests. We anticipate your return and look forward to providing that same experience on your next stay with us.

Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Korean first
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

First time staying at this resort.. loved the layout of the resort, easy access from the main lobby to rooms. Loved that there are multiple pools throughtout the hotel.. adults only to family to main pool and a hidden one back by the villas.. Would highly recommend.. staff was great.. new restaurant was excellent.. not a golfer but overheard others and they noted the courses where ranked very high.. met with Todd Sisler on property - he was great.. very helpful and knows the valley and areas.. very tentured staff in general.

Room Tip: rooms are on two levels.. notify the front desk at time of reservation if you are not able to take t...
Dear Wolverine01,

Thank you for your review. We are gracious to accept your compliments and appreciate all of your feedback. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful, as customer satisfaction is what we pride ourselves on. We look forward to seeing you again and creating the same experience on your next stay with us.

Be Well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited the Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage with a couple of my friends. The staff is so nice the whole resort seems clean and very well kept, but what made everything so much better and made the heat enjoyable was the caliente bar, our bartender Albert was amazing made all of our drinks perfect. He took very good care of us and all of the other guest as well without ever making us feel unattended. With no doubt I will be visiting this resort again in the near future.

• Stayed April 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We arrived late, and we were told that there was no more king beds available due to being sold out to major convention. Fair enough, and we were given queen beds (husband & wife). The next day, our friends arrived and they were given king beds( single people)
Our room was located in building 16, but we had no heavenly bed! Bed was hard and not comfortable at all. We had to put our hard comforter down to make our bed a little comfortable, but we did not sleep well! Our bathtub was clogged, and after short time of taking shower it would become a "pool". The pool area small and not so pleasant. If I had to pay for my room, I would not stay at Westin. I would ask for my money back, and go somewhere else. I am dissapointed, and will not stay there again. I have to say, that pictures of that property are beautiful, but reality is diffrent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Zenobia B,

Thank you and we appreciate your review. We apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to make your next stay exceptional. We will look into the areas you mentioned and contact the various departments as this allows us to offer the best possible service for our guests. We hope you do have the opportunity to come back again soon, so that we can create an experience that will surpass your last.

Kind Regards.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Loved the view, the course, the rooms and the food! It was a paradise away from home. Wished I could have stayed longer to enjoy all the amenities. Great location, close to everything. Aaron B was very helpful in guiding us to great restaurants while we were there. Will be back again for sure...

Waconia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Beautiful surroundings, almost guaranteed perfect weather. 2 golf course choices, 3 pool choices, attentive staff = a perfect conference retreat. The rooms were very quiet. We were here for a business conference and every aspect of every day was top notch.

Room Tip: This hotel could use some updating, but we were very comfortable here and would not hesitate to come...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had a great stay and couldn't have asked for better service. Bruno Santos, front office manager, was fantastic. The pools were lovely, the room was clean and well appointed, and breakfast was wonderful. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The property is spread out so ask for a room near one of the pools.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!