Just returned from a 3 night/4 day stay. We stayed on the "hotel" side but you can use any pool on the property so we switched off and on from the hotel pool to the Villas pool. Both were great, water slides for the kids, activities for young children, pool area was clean. Our teens played ping pong, there was an arcade and pool table so there was something for everyone. The food from room service was delicious and room service was fast and not overpriced, especially for kids' meals. Our room itself was spacious and clean. 90% employees were incredibly helpful and friendly. There were one or two that looked like they couldn't care less but that was the rarity and you'll find that in any hotel. The biggest drawback: the hotel's "Marketplace/Starbucks" which is their store for magazines and other necessities as well as coffee in the morning. The Starbucks employees were a joke. One employee only to make the drinks. Two people trying to ring up on the cash register and they didn't know what they were doing! They were looking up codes, double ringing, etc. The line was out the door and the guests were getting really peeved. Waited in line for 30 minutes. I ordered a regular cup of coffee. Not capp. or latte or anything else. THey forgot to brew a pot and so I had to wait another 15 min. for a cup of black coffee. How do you not have regular coffee brewed first thing in the a.m.?!?! For a luxury resort, they need to be on top of what vendors they contract with and keep on top of them. Several of us complained to the hotel mgr. who was very nice and went over right away to see what the problem was. I appreciated he took the time to immediately address. Seriously, I suggest you order breakfast room service, it will be faster, better and the same price. Starbucks there was overpriced and the employees were incredibly bad.
We loved our room, the property itself is very spread out but there are golf cart shuttles running constantly if you'd rather not walk. Though we hardly used them because walking was very pleasant. Lots of fountains, running streams, ducks. Overall, I recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 60-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the new Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA