“Superior pet friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Los Angeles, California
“Superior pet friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I discovered this resort by participating in a dog walking charity event. The environment is be dutiful and peacefulmwith ducks happily residing. Recently I brought my parents there and my dog. Jose at Valet kindly drove us around the resort in a golf cart (including my black lab). I've lived in Palm Springs for 17 years and found this place ideal for view, serenity and location.

Room Tip: Splurge and get golf course view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Korean first
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Sorry to say my visit was a appointment, our room smelled very very stuffy and old, our bathroom had bugs that only come out at night( if you know what I mean) and our toilet wouldn't flush and the last straw no coffee.. I was glad to go back home. Now the Westin did do a discount on my room and that did help things. The staff was great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This was our 3rd visit here and by far, our least pleasurable. They were out of rooms with King size beds and we were stuck with two Queens. They were very accommodating with finding us a room on the second floor with a view we liked, which was pretty cool. Unfortunately, when we arrived at our room after parking far away and hauling all of our luggage up to the room, we opened the door and found the room was either currently occupied, or had never been cleaned after the last guest checked out. The lights were on, beds unmade, drinks out etc. At that point we had to haul all of our luggage back down the stairs and across the parking lot to the car. When we informed the front desk we basically just got a shoulder shrug and half-hearted apology. They were more concerned with security doing a room check than corrected the error and inconvenience they caused us. I wasn't expecting anything, but an offer to assist with our luggage or something would have completely changed my experience. So, we get to the new room and it happened to be one of the coldest days all year in Rancho Mirage so we cranked up the heat in the room. The thermostat kept getting stuck moving the temperature up, or moving it down, so we couldn't really set the temperature anywhere in the middle. The unit blew cold air out all night, despite being set to 80F. We had to have a porter come out and repair our heater the second night. Also the toilet didn't flush very easily. You had to force the lever down very hard, and then hold it until the toilet started screeching.

I know it all sounds negative, and I really think Westin may have had an off day with us this trip, but it was all stuff that could have easily been averted. I probably wouldn't even be writing this review right now had the front desk been more apologetic, considerate and thoughtful after sending us to a room we couldn't occupy.

We will go back again and hopefully the experience will be more like our previous 2 experiences with excellent service and great rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

The Westin Mission Hills is much improved from my last stay a few years ago, with better food and service, and cleaner grounds. Westin is really pushing a green initiative to forego housekeeping on a multi night stay (you can get clean towels) but it is not well explained at check-in. The resort still suffers from a too spread out design with long walks to the lobby, but overall it has improved.

• Stayed November 2011
Halloooooo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time last weekend at Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa. Everyone was very service minded. Great food, beautiful surroundings. The golf lesson prior to our day on the golf course was really helpful, and made our first time golfing a really fun experience. We tried out the spa too, which was nice as well. We will be back. :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I went here recently with my family and I must admit it was a great stay, we really enjoyed the pool area and also my husband had a great time on the golf course! We will be back again, must admit though the resort fees are quite high for this economy stage but we had fun so i guess all counts

Of course the beds were heavenly and so was all the amenities they offer for the Heavenly Stay!

Room Tip: Book a room close to the pool if possible and with a golf course view so you don't have a parkin...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Sandizzel,

Thank you so much for joining us. We appreciate all your lovely comments. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Be well.
worldwide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Our booking included the breakfast buffet. During the week occupancy must have be low because there was no buffet. We ask the hostess how it worked and she said you should have a coupon and if not they would take it off our bill.

We ordered several items off the menu and ended up with a $70 bill. The next morning (Friday) we walked into the dining room and the buffet was set-up. We asked the hostess if we could order off the menu or if we should eat from the buffet. She said I think you can do either but there is a limited $ amount. Red flags went so we went up to the desk and asked exactly what was included with the breakfast part of our booking. We were told that it was a $15 maximum per person. We were given a $20 reduction on our first breakfast but were required to pay the twenty dollar difference.

After thinking about the situation I called the hotel manager to complain. Not only had the front desk erred by not giving us the coupon, which supposedly explained everything but the hostess gave us wrong information or at best partial information. The waiter also could have asked us if we had a coupon and that would have given us an opportunity to be informed about the policy but he said nothing. Even the hostess on the second day did not know for sure what the policy was but was vague. Had we not gone up to the front desk we could have been hit again for exceeding the limit. I said to the manager if three employees couldn’t get it right for us I know this cannot be the first time this happened. I suggested they post the policy on the menu. She said she would contact the Food and Beverage mgr. and see what she could do for us. Well she did nothing and never called back. The food was good so I didn’t expect anything but I wanted to warn people of this potential problem.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!