We booked a Premium Villa room for us and another couple to share for two nights. When we arrived the room wasnt ready yet (they make it a point to tell you that Check In is at 4pm). So we walked the length of the property to the hotel area pool and had a couple drinks.
The resort is broken down into the hotel area and the villas area. Make sure you know which one you're staying in!
Walked back to the Front Desk to check on the room and was told it still wasn't ready (it was now 2:30) and was told it wasnt. Lounges around the lobby for 2 minutes until they called me and told me they now had one. They explained the delay was due to me requesting an upstairs room near the pool. I dont like people walking on my head and I dont want to hike half a mile to get to the pool and back.
Room was huge, 1 bedroom, 1000 sq ft, jacuzzi in the bedroom, dual bath sinks, stand up shower, full kitchen with appliances and dishes, two fireplaces, walkout balcony with table and chairs and BBQ grill. It was perfect for us.
Unpacked and hit the pool, which was very crowded mid-day but we were still able to get 4 chairs together with umbrellas. They have drink/food servers that come to the pool area, but very scarce, maybe saw them once an hour.
Every hour or so they make everyone get out of the pool to rest, eat, drink, re hydrate, etc. May be a great ploy to get people to buy drinks! They say you're not allowed to bring coolers to the pool ( we even called) but we saw no less than half a dozen people with their own coolers and own drinks. We brought our own from the room as well, but didnt take the whole cooler.
We back to the room around 3 pm and it had not yet been cleaned up, so I went to the Concierge to ask them to request Housekeeping to have it made up, and he asks if I'd like property information and to meet with a sales rep. The property is a Westin Timeshare resort, so I guess this is half expected.
Checkout time is 10 am, and we had a message waiting advising that no late check outs would be granted. For a Monday checkout? They have that many people checking in on a Monday? Hard to believe but we were packed and ready to go nonetheless.
Overall, we really enjoyed our room and the property. We found everything to be quite clean, the pool area had live music, games, and a DJ. We didnt eat at any of the restaurants so cant comment on that, but this was our second trip to the property and would definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 60-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the new Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA