“Above and beyond my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
San Clemente, California
“Above and beyond my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is the first time I have written a review-- for anything! So what prompted this first?? The staff at this Westin provided the BEST customer service!! From the beginning of our check in- my 4 year old daughter and I were treated like queens-- and it was Memorial Day weekend!! Monica at the front desk was smiling and personable. She saw that I was with my young daughter and immediatelyy thought to put us close to the main pool-- Which is what I wanted. Problem was-- Memorial Day and most of the rooms were already reserved etc. However, she was able to get us a room near the pool. Next- Raul-- the valet-- followed my car (in a golf cart-- the property is huge and while you can valet-- it realy makes sense to park your own car). Raul unloaded my car and all my daughters "stuff" scooter, bike, pool toys etc. He took us to our room and immediately saw the disappointment on my face when we got to the room. Yes it was near the pool- but it had a view of a wall and the parking lot. He immediately tried to call for a different room- he was unable to reach anyone (remember-- it is Memorial Day Weekend) so he suggested we get in the golf cart and go back to the front desk. He told us to sit in the lobby and he would take care of it. Debra- the concierge began talking with my daughter and I and offered us several discounts coupons on the property and let my daughter pick 2 toys out of the treasure box. Meanwhile, Raul came back and said he had two rooms for me to choose from. He took us to the one he thought we would like best and he was right. The room was an ADA room but it was great-- and it had a view of the fountain and the pool! The only downside was the bathtub/shower-- with the handheld but that was minor and it made me appreciate my good health! To "make up" for the ADA room- we were given complimentary breakfast coupons. As were unpacking- a knock on the door, my daughter answered to find a man with a tray of 3 chocolate chip cookes and 3 cartons of milk in a silver bucket. Her smile was priceless. Courtesy of Monica
The property is beautiful and the pool was amazing. The weekend was ridiculously crowded and pools chairs were hard to come by if you did not get there early. We were there at 8:00am opening. The pool is huge and has a great slide. The childrens activities were phenomenal! There was a tent set up for the kids to do crafts (range from $5-$18), a bouncy house was set up (they kind of goofed this one though-- failed to think abou the sun beating down on the rubber causing it to be VERY HOT!! but they tried. Lots of contests for the kids and just a great family fun environment. Check out was easy and Jose quickly made an adjustment on an error on my bill. All in all-- this was one of the best weekends we have had. I highly recommend this property to anyone with kids

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
WestinMissionHills, Director of Sales at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and for taking the time to recognize Monica, Raul, Debbie and Jose. They are each very valuable employees and I've shared your comments with them and the rest of our associates. We are so pleased to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to surprise and delight her with milk and cookies. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Be well,

Westin Mission Hills Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Korean first
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

The resort looks nice from the outside but it needs some renovation in actual rooms. We got the standard room and had to ask the bed linens to be replaced because there were stains on the all the sheets. The shower looked like it had not been cleaned for awhile, and we had to ask the front desk twice for the room service menu and spa menu. When we went to have lunch on the property and there were flies all over the us and the food. Which was really disgusting. I also went to the spa for a massage which was good but not worth the $$$$. I also got a mani pedi also not worth the $$$$ the only reason I was not satisfied was bc for $200 bucks a foot massage should be included as well as a hand massage. We did inform the staff but they seemed not care.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent review with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay and appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear that your menus were not delivered in a timely manner, and that you did not enjoy your spa experience to the fullest. I have passed your comments along to each relevant department for review to help us better our guest experience.

Be well,

Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Very nice staff and resort. We did love the willingness to assit us. Great upgrade, concierge was very helpful and pool staff excellent.

We did not have Hot water for jucuzzi tube and TV was grainy but we did not call and request help with these so we cannot complain about service.

All together we had a great time and were very pleased and will return.

Room Tip: Caring and attentive management
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinMissionHills, Director of Sales at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your recent review. We are so happy to hear that our dedicated staff was able to serve you and provide you with the experience that you deserve. I am sorry to hear about the fuuzy tv's and lack of sufficient hot water that you experienced. In the future, I would encourage you to share this information with us so that we may better serve you. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Rancho Cucamonga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The management staff overall ending being very helpful. However, the front line staff were horrible especially the front desk.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

After a disastrous experience at Rancho las Palmas, I booked our room here at 10pm so we could get out of there and be welcomed at the Westin. We have 4 kids, 8, 6, 3 & 1 1/2. This resort is incredible for our family. The waters slide, hot tub, easily accessible pool ( huge wall of steps into pool - great for the little guys) and fun games all afternoon, made for an amazing trip. Not only is the price for the rooms reasonable, they are offering a great deal for kids to eat. $15 per day per kid gets them all they can eat at the hotel restaurant and pool side cafe. That's all you can drink too. Which is great when it's pushing 100. With kids under 5 eating free, we only paid for our meals the whole trip. What a value!
Plus the layout at the pool makes it easy to let the older kids, go up and down the waterside, run to the hot tub and jump back in the pool, while you relax. This is our second stay and it has never had an overcrowded feel. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2011
WestinMissionHills, Director of Sales at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your recent review with us. We are so pleased that our staff was able to offer you a warm welcome. It's so great to hear that your family enjoyed our water slide, pool side dining options and family focused packages. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Take care & safe travels,

Coto de Caza, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We are SPG members and thus gravitate toward Starwood properties. As such, the Westin Mission Hills was a bit of a disappointment. While the rooms were spacious, the other facilities are underbuilt. The pool areas were very small and not equipped to handle a holiday crowd. One of the members of our party inquired about an early check in and was offered a $25 "special" price to check in early. Only after declining and telling the desk clerk that she would just wait in her parent's room until her room was ready was she told that she could check in. The $27.00 per day "facilities charge" which included self parking was also quite off putting.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your loyalty as an SPG member and for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate this information as it helps us to strengthen our offering and provide you with a better stay in the future. I apologize that you felt the pools we over-crowded - Memorial Day is certainly a busy time for us, and although we have 3 pools to choose from, each of them tend to be busier than on a non-holiday weekend. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Take care,

Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

This resort is gorgeous, the rooms are nice and the pools are great. However, I was dissappointed in the resort for two reasons. First - My air conditioner didn't work and it was in the mid 90's. When I called to have it fixed it took them almost 4 hours, and I had to sit there and wait, wasting a good portion of my mid-day activites. The second thing that really disappointed me was that they allowed people to bring their dogs to the pool. I go to the pool to relax and was extrememly irritated that I had to listen to yappy dogs. Not to mention I am allergic, so it was a huge inconvenience to have to switch pools for a dog!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinMissionHills, Director of Sales at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent review with us. I am very sorry for the extensive wait time you experienced when requesting that your air conditioner be looked at. I know how inconvenient this must have been for you, especially when you are trying to enjoy your vacation. Our Engineering team works hard to resolve each and every call in under 30 minutes, though unfortunately situations do come up from time to time that do not make that possible. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our pool - resort policy actually states that dog are not allowed in any pool area, anytime and we certainly expect each guest to respect this policy. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards,

Westin Mission Hills Resort and Spa

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!