It is very deceiving to drive up to this resort as it looks luxurious and beautiful as you drive up. Then you pay a lot of money to basically end up staying in what looks like an apartment complex. The hotel web site pictures of the pool are deceiving in that the pool also looks like an apartment pool and is only 3-1/2 deep all the way around. Didn't check out the other, smaller "quiet" pool as we had kids. The one slide that it has drops off into a small circular pool just slightly bigger than a jacuzzi. The complex is so large it's not like you are even near the luxurious front lobby and you have to drive to your room. There are $5.99 bottles of water in your room and they make sure you want it by not putting any vending machines in your buildings-even though there deceptively are signs that say "vending machines". I discovered this at night when I was thirsty and only found an ice machine there. The tiny refrigerator in the room wasn't cold enough. The room/bathroom were just very average. For the price we paid we could have had an ocean view room so we were severely disappointed with our stay. We felt duped-we drove hours only to stay in an apartment! Nothing about our stay felt "luxurious". How does this place get 5 stars-except maybe its lobby area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort And Spa
- Rancho Las Palmas Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort Spa
- Rancho Palmas Resort
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert