“I had the best, most relaxing visit to Palm Springs in years!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
20% Off 2-Night Stay
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Orange, CA
“I had the best, most relaxing visit to Palm Springs in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

I loved the resort, it was clean, the staff were incredibly friendly and professional. I had the best massage I've ever had from massage therapist Juan at the spa. And believe me, I've had a lot of massages in my life. My kids loved the water park, the restaurant was excellent, and we all had such a nice and relaxing time I cannot WAIT to go back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

I had booked Rancho Las Palmas based on photos and TripAdvisor reviews. I always hate when the pictures are better online than in person. So, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised when we drove up and saw the hotel. The front desk workers were nice. Our room was very spacious with a view of the golf course. Splashtopia was fun and if we had kids would have been perfect for them. We had a $50 credit for breakfast at bluEmber...we were lucky to have this credit because the prices were very pricey.. continental breakfast was at least $14 (even though the menu said it was $12?). We used the spa and it was excellent. Clean facilities. A private pool area for spa only guests. I wish we could have spent an extra day!! It was the most relaxing getaway we've ever had. We would recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I have never written a review before, usually because it isn't worth my time. Today I just felt like I needed to help out fellow travelers who rely on this website for real reviews. (or for management that reads reviews to improve their resort) To start with I brought a group of people to celebrate a birthday. First off we were booked in an inappropriate area for our group. The hotel was only at 30% occupancy, but we were given the lower choice buildings. They moved us to much better buildings after we asked, so they did have the rooms available. This process at check-in took at least 25 minutes, which is ridiculous. I felt like she was trying to wear me out, so I would accept the first rooms. For the record "newly renovated" is a loose term. The lobby, spa, and restaurant look great, but the rooms could be better. They do have a nice pool area, but beware of Naomi (the reason I was compelled to write this review) the self-appointed head of the Splashtopia wristband police. I guess there are some employees who have that complex where they just need to put guests in their place. I came up to check on a cabana rental I had the following day (so obviously I am a guest of the hotel) but instead of helping me I get this retort "So you know you need your wristband to be out here? Otherwise we are going to have to call security and have you escorted out." I thought to myself are you freaking kidding me?? I explained I had forgotten it, but would go get it. She had to throw in a final retort about the wristband not ruining my tan lines. I wasn't expecting to be above the rules, but there must be a better way to approach the need for a wristband other than the threat of security. So here it is: NAOMI out at the pool "Just so you know, you need to have hotel guests for this hotel to thrive and you for you to have a job."I didn't want some big apology or a resort credit, i just wanted to write a review based on my experience. It just takes one person to ruin a vacation and Naomi went out of her way. Thanks for pushing me over the edge.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I love this property! Located centrally in the Coachella valley, it offers great amenities such as fine dining at BluAmber, a remarkable spa, and casual ambiance. Especially nice, you can drive right up to your room, saving money on valet parking and bellmen. Comfortalble and spacious, RLP offers great value and copious comfort.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 9, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We love our location in the heart of Rancho Mirage directly across from The River. Glad to hear you enjoyed the property layout, we are one of the few resorts in the valley where you can drive right up to your room! Hope to see you back at Rancho soon!

Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

My husband and I enjoyed 5 wonderful days of R & R - loved every aspect of this resort. The most beautiful scenery from our room with the ducks in the water, golfers off yaunder, palm trees, ..................loved it!!!!!
We enjoyed the tranquility pool in morning and loved splashtopia late afternoon - did our daily float in the lazy river too!!!! Entertainment at the bluEmber in the evening was awesome, could even hear it from our patio!!!
Great to have "The River" Complex just a 5 minute walk away to enjoy shopping, pubs, etc.
We will be back as soon as we can. Thanks for the great hospitality and making our vacation such an enjoyable one.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, sounds like the perfect relaxing getaway! Hope to see you back at Rancho soon!

Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
southern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

Great location, beautiful surroundings, intimate yet spacious resort, first-rate courteous staff from check in to pool-side service and management! A perfect choice for couples, families or friends, any and all occasions.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I visited this resort several times before and it never disappoints. The hotel sits on beautiful grounds overlooking a golf course and mountains. Tall palm trees lean toward one another and beautiful pink and red flowers surround the grounds. We also listened to a great band on Friday at the resort. I will keep coming back here!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
RanchoLasPalmas, Resort Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2009
Thank you so much for your post and we're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit. The band you referenced is called "The Smooth Brothers" - part of a promotion with the local jazz radio station every Friday night - they are great! We also love the picture from your room at night - beautiful!

Rancho Las Palmas

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!