“Great little lady... Slightly showing her age...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Rancho Mirage
Houston, Texas
“Great little lady... Slightly showing her age...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is on a great piece of property with a fantastic location off of Bob Hope Dr. The main lobby plays well with the atmosphere that is typical Palm Springs. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful and I didn't feel I ever needed for anything. The rooms are slightly older but very spacious and most come with a view of the golf course or pool. The lazy river, water slide, and smoothie bar play to the kids and kids at heart. Highly recommend the property to all looking for a respite from city life. Only issue is their magnetic keys are demagnitized too easily. And since you need them to enter the parking area and your room it can be problematic. Otherwise no complaints!

1,376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Overall this was a very good hotel in Pal Springs. My company hosted a dinner at the BluEmber and had a very good experience, I dealt with Stephanie Torres on the planning and she was fantastic! We had to make a room change on the first day to room proximity to maintenance and it was handled very well by front desk and bell staff. The golf course was a little strange, as I've never played in & out of a drainage ditch.

Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to this hotel for a business conference. Meeting rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bar areas were roomy and had great ambiance. The golf course was in the process of renovations but overall it was an enjoyable experience. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

santa monica, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hotel Splashtopia cute, but pool side cramped. Waiter service minimal, and slow. keys took forever to deliver. Rooms not ready at check in, roll away not set up though they had it in notes to have it ready in room. basically, for the price, service and quality not what i expected.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Lets start with James the Bell Hop! The very best! Took us to are room, put our stuff I the right place and then got us ice. Than off to the pool where Mattthew was the very best pool attendent ever! The lazy river is the bomb! Dinner at blu Ember was the very best! We sat in the lounge area by the fire each night and brought our dog with us. Everyone including Stephnie and Cynthia we're some of the best service we ever had. Never had time to get to the spa, but we will be back! Thanks for a great trip!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel looks great from the outside, but once you get inside the rooms, you can see the quality doesn't hold up to most other Omni properties. I know the hotel group recently took over this property, so maybe my room hasn't been upgraded yet? The bathroom is nice enough, but it's missing the nice finishing touches. The floor is marble, but chipped. The shower/tub has marble walls, but the faucets are kind of corroded. The wood vanity in the bathroom is nicked up. And the walls are SUPER THIN. Two nights ago I listened to my next door neighbor have a conversation with his wife/girlfriend on speaker speaker phone about a tube top she wanted to wear to a function (TMI? Yes, I think so too).
The property is very large and spread out. It's a far walk from the lobby and restaurants if you are in one of the outer buildings. It's especially far when it's 93 degrees out and you get to your room and your room key doesn't work. My room key was demagnetized 3 times. They say you can not put it near other electronics, cell phones or credit cards. I said, "so i can't put it in my purse?" The answer was no. They gave me a paper sleeve and told me to keep it in my pocket by itself. It didn't work. The third time I went to get my key rekeyed, there was another gentleman at the front desk doing the same thing. I even spoke to another couple who had it happen so often to them, that they started leaving their balcony door open. Not a safe workaround Omni.
Last night when I came back to my room, there was an intoxicated woman wandering around near my room. She couldn't remember where her room was, so I went to call the front desk. The phones in my room didn't work. Shocker.
Last few gripes - First, there was no room service menu in my room. Second, on my first day I was out of the room from 8:30-2:15 and when I came back housekeeping still hadn't made up my room. Come on. And lastly, the internet connection keeps going out.
I feel like I should say something nice after all of the above. The staff has all been polite and friend. And I hear the lazy river is cool.
Overall, this hotel is fine. It's a solid 3 star hotel, not 4.

Room Tip: ask for one of the buildings closest to the lobby. everything else is just too far. as a solo fema...
Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The grounds are beautiful and staff are very friendly. The Splashtopia area is great. I would definitely stay here again. Two things to note, first, the on site restaurant is expensive so my family did not go there. There are a lot of great eating establishments at the outdoor river mall across the street. Second, the pool bleached the color out of our bathing suits. I'm assuming there was a chemical imbalance in the pools while we were there. We did have a great time on the water slides and the lazy river was perfectly warm. The rooms are comfortable. Cant say enough wonderful things about this place. As we were walking out of the front door, by son asked me if we could ride the golf cart to the restaurant. I told him no, but the valet overheard him and offered to take us to the edge of the property. He went out of his way to make it fun for the kids which is appreciated by the parents!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!