“Fantastic business retreat location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
20% Off 2-Night Stay
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic business retreat location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were at Rancho from Mar 5-8, for a franchise owners conference. There were 43 of us, and I have to say that Rancho really impressed.

The resort is GORGEOUS! Beautiful outdoor dining, comfortable & classy indoor meeting areas, great plaza area, and amazing rooms. Somehow I lucked into a Presidential Suite by myself (paid off being the 5th female, room to myself), but I shared it on the last night with a wrap up after hours party.

Food was pretty good. Only complaint is the ridiculously slow service for outdoor breakfast patio.

The staff is very friendly & helpful. Shout out to Gilbert for his above & beyond assistance!

For a business or golf & relax getaway, I'd recommend Rancho las Palmas. The course is right there on the resort, & was doable by the full range of golfers we had.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the golf course is great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just spent 6 nights (and days) at Rancho Las Palmas. It is such a relaxing place to visit. We stayed primarily at the adult pool during our "pooltime". Friendly service at the pool with flowers everywhere which makes the lazy time at the pool just that more refreshing. Had two dinner at the Blu Ember. Great selection and fabulous food. I also took a group cooking class from Ethan (head chef). I felt very spoiled. This was our 4th year in a row coming here and are planning our return trip for next year.

Room Tip: I would recommend a second level room. You can hear your neighbors above you, at least their feet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Golpher -

Thank you for taking the time to visit and glad to hear you enjoyed the cooking class with our new bluEmber Chef Ethan Holmes, we think he's great as well!

Best Regards.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked a week prior to the BNP Paribas open, luckily they had availability. I was a little nervous since most places were full weeks in advance. Not sure why this was not / it was wonderful. From the moment we checked in to the second we left, we were treated to excellent service. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home.

Being we were hours early (arrived around 11am, check in is 4pm), they take your bags, let you park near your room, and give you keys for all of the amenities to allow relaxation before your room is ready.

Our room was lovely and quiet - building 3200. It faced a mini pond on the fairway. We asked for a balcony room and non-feather bedding, all requests granted. We took advantage of the balcony by dining al fresco one morning - breakfast room service was excellent - and watched a family of ducks enjoy the pond!

About room service, very pleased with the offerings, timing and taste. A social treat / mimosas and Bloody Mary's are offered. We ordered the former and two full glasses of Chandon arrived with a side of OJ. Even better! Though some may prefer them pre-mixed but I enjoyed as was and skipped the OJ.

We spent three days here, most at the tennis tournament but still took advantage of
what we could - outdoor cocktails with live jazz on Friday night, day drinking at the pool bar watching the BNP semis on the tele.

Every single staff member was on top of their game and super friendly. I travel a lot for business, I know good service when I experince it. It's more and more rare these days.

Though this was a quick holiday trip for the hubby and I, we both felt we were miles and miles away from the real world. It was exactly what we needed. The 2.5 hour drive back to LA/home was rough!

The only challenges for us - no food in the town nor hotel post 10:00 pm.

• Stayed March 2013
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

What a find! Room was huge for a family of four. Resaurant and facilities were all updated but didn't charge like it. Great experience. Splashtopia is awesome too. Wouldn't want to be there when it's packed, but it's a super fun place for kids.

Room Tip: Building 30 is solid. Rooms on pool are convenient, but loud. I'd recommend against that.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If I don't have something constructively positive to say I generally won't, but this time I do. BluEmber Restaurant was really good. I found that strict time frames of no service between 4-5 were a bit of a pain because here is this fantastic patio that closes to prepare for dinner. Weather cools after hot afternoon and you have to go inside. I get all that but what a missed opportunity! Great for more snacking foods I found and didn't go back for dinner although I read it was awesome. Lovely manicured grounds, young, unknowledgeable and not connected concierges (except Kelly)made me feel like I should have done a whole lot more research, but isn't this what they are paid for? Nothing drives me more nuts than a vacuum cleaner going at 7:30am when I feel like I might want to sleep in and even worse learning too much personal information about the couple behind the walls of the next room was more than a turnoff. Walls were like paper at 900 series of rooms on second floorto the extent that could hear the couple talking clearly, in addition to "Annie" drying her hair and it sounded as if she was standing in my suite. No sense to complain though it was a full house and I felt lucky to get a room in order to see Nadal and Federer! I give Rancho Las Palmas between a 2-3 and firmly state the room that I stayed in is not worth what I was charged even through Hotels.com. That actually seemed to have made my chances less to be serviced properly because I had dealt with the red-headed step sister! Bed was comfortable though wouldn't stay here again unless I was assured a brand new room made with concrete walls, clean tub, freshly painted interior. Sorry!

Room Tip: I would avoid room 923.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

First the positives: great location, Splashtopia is excellent for families, beautiful grounds and some of the staff were excellent: warm and very helpful. You don't have to pay for their very expensive breakfast buffet because IHOP and Hometown Buffet are just a 2 mi drive away. Food at Splashtopia was surprisingly good. And the pool areas are kept exceptionally clean and are very well supervised with a lot of lifeguard staff. Nice that you can drive you car close to your unit's door.

On the negative side, the price point and their own marketing led me to believe this was a luxury property. It is not quite up to the standards I would expect. The room was OK, but the mattresses were clearly too old, the room decor was just average and the bathroom had a very noisy a/c vent. Our room phone was out the entire long weekend, service was slow to the room, the in-room check out via TV was not working, and when calling to the front desk about operating hours of Splashtopia, the wrong information was given.

I really wanted to like the property because Splashtopia is done so well and there aren't many good options for families in PS. But I don't think we'll be back.

Room Tip: I was glad we chose a Lake View room instead of a Pool View room as it looks really noisy around the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This used to be a Marriott - not any more, and it shows. It's run down - almost seedy. Management cuts corners everywhere it can - not just maintenance, but in staffing, which shows in service, and even in minor amenities. The staff members generally mean well, but there's not much they can do given the mismanagement. We were also in a ground floor room near the adult pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!