“Great family get-away with our pug!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   41000 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270   |
Hotel packages
San Diego, California
“Great family get-away with our pug!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Love, love this resort! We have spent MLK weekend here and we love the splashtopia pool & lazy river. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms were great! We arrived around 8am & the staff made sure that my room will be ready as soon as possible. They called me at 11am to let me know my room was ready. Our room (1900) has a golf course view, which is better than pool view due to the pool noise.We were also glad that they allowed our dog in the room. They do charge $100/day if you have a dog 50lbs or less. (quite expensive!) I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ground floors are good if you have dogs for easy access outside. Upper floors is accessible bt stair...

1,201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great family resort. The pool, lazy river and slides are geat fun for kids who can swim. Daily and nightly activities for the kids keep them busy. Comfortable rooms that can handle 2 adults and 2 children. Staff was friendly and accomodative. Close proximity to plaza accross the street with lots of restaurants and shops. Great for a 2 or 3 day getaway. Worth the rates charged.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everything about our stay was excellent. Starting right at check-in, the attentiveness of the staff was extra-ordinary, and that continued throughout our stay. Unlike other reviewers, our room was in excellent condition. (We were in the 1000 building, right next to the main entrance to the pool.) The lazy river/pool area was a blast for the kids! This too was well maintained, and well staffed. I am not familiar with other properties in this area, but I would DEFINITELY return to Rancho Las Palmas. A 10!

Room Tip: Our room in 1000 building was conveniently close to the pool. Our room was in excellent condition.
Alberta, CANADA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked a room at this resort for 5 nights to just hang out in the area and relax. I decided to upgrade to a lake view room, because it's always nice to have a view. I would have to say that the view was the best part of our room. The room was in need of a renovation in a big way. The carpets looked old and not all that clean (they likely were, they just didn't look it), there were broken floor tiles in the bathroom which made noise each time you walked in there (we called the front desk when we got there to make sure they knew we hadn't caused them to break) and overall the room was not up to par. I would have to say that I was disappointed - I believe that the room rates as a 3 star, at the most. HOWEVER, the property itself is just lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed having buffet breakfast on their beautiful terrace, overlooking the gorgeous views of the golf course and mountains every morning. The food was very good, although I would have to say that our evening meal at the Blu Ember restaurant one night was just "good" and we thought, overpriced. I will admit that I like the finer things, and that may be why I was disappointed in our room, but I will say that every staff member that we encountered were courteous, friendly and warm. The weather wasn't quite warm enough to use the river/pool with our daughter, but we tried it anyway and shivered. I'm certain that on a nice hot day, it would be fantastic with the splash park, water slide etc. I did do one treatment at the spa, and it too felt a little bit neglected. I must say though, that I liked that I could get a Starbucks right on the property. I would stay again as my expectations are a bit lower now than they were when we arrived. I understand that with the recession etc., renovations are not affordable for most. Given that, they are doing the best they can, and who can ask for more?

Room Tip: Expect the room to be more of a 3 star, and you won't be disappointed
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We took advantage of the MLK holiday and took our two daughters (11, 8) to Rancho Las Palmas for 3 days. The kids had a great time in the pool and the lazy river. They enjoyed the slides and the fun. My wife and I enjoyed it all with them as the whole family had a ball. I think we spent 3-4 hours/day in the river. The weather was excellent.

We enjoyed the food service by the pool and breakfast at the Blue Ember. Both offered exceptional service. The staff at the Blue Ember were exceptional given that we had to wait a bit for breakfast one morning (understandable given the holiday weekend and full hotel). The resort also has a great cafe if you want a quick bite or snack.

Every staff member we met was most pleasant and helpful. The staff are 5 star.

I would rate the hotel room quality somewhere between 3-4 stars, but the overall experience is definitely 5. We didn't play golf or tennis so I can't comment on those facilites.

My wife and kids visited the hotel in the summer of 2012 and mentioned that there were considerable improvements made since then. Overall, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: We were in 1211, first floor, very near the pool family area. Surprisingly quiet and most convenient...
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed 5 nights for a training/company meeting. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take advantage of most of the amenities, but every staff member I encountered was very friendly. I noticed on several occasions that the front desk staff weren't able to help customers on their own- had to defer to a manager to assist them. Food at the bar and restaurant was very good (big fan of the sliders at the bar.) Clean, comfortable bed, and large bathroom- although the beveled door wasn't the best as far as privacy.

The resort worked out great for our company's needs, and would also be a great spot for a wedding (saw one bride & groom during out stay.)

Room Tip: great views if you get a room facing the golf course (ours was 1912)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My company had their annual meeting this past week at Rancho Las Palmas and so enjoyed my stay. The room was attractive and comfortable with a great view and the food was superb - from the banquet meals to the dinner we had at the Blue Ember Wednesday evening, all delicious! The staff went out of their to be friendly and helpful at all times. I definitely would come back - thank you so much for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!