“Fantastic spot for families” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Rancho Mirage
Santa Barbara, California
“Fantastic spot for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We took advantage of the MLK holiday and took our two daughters (11, 8) to Rancho Las Palmas for 3 days. The kids had a great time in the pool and the lazy river. They enjoyed the slides and the fun. My wife and I enjoyed it all with them as the whole family had a ball. I think we spent 3-4 hours/day in the river. The weather was excellent.

We enjoyed the food service by the pool and breakfast at the Blue Ember. Both offered exceptional service. The staff at the Blue Ember were exceptional given that we had to wait a bit for breakfast one morning (understandable given the holiday weekend and full hotel). The resort also has a great cafe if you want a quick bite or snack.

Every staff member we met was most pleasant and helpful. The staff are 5 star.

I would rate the hotel room quality somewhere between 3-4 stars, but the overall experience is definitely 5. We didn't play golf or tennis so I can't comment on those facilites.

My wife and kids visited the hotel in the summer of 2012 and mentioned that there were considerable improvements made since then. Overall, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: We were in 1211, first floor, very near the pool family area. Surprisingly quiet and most convenient...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed 5 nights for a training/company meeting. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take advantage of most of the amenities, but every staff member I encountered was very friendly. I noticed on several occasions that the front desk staff weren't able to help customers on their own- had to defer to a manager to assist them. Food at the bar and restaurant was very good (big fan of the sliders at the bar.) Clean, comfortable bed, and large bathroom- although the beveled door wasn't the best as far as privacy.

The resort worked out great for our company's needs, and would also be a great spot for a wedding (saw one bride & groom during out stay.)

Room Tip: great views if you get a room facing the golf course (ours was 1912)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My company had their annual meeting this past week at Rancho Las Palmas and so enjoyed my stay. The room was attractive and comfortable with a great view and the food was superb - from the banquet meals to the dinner we had at the Blue Ember Wednesday evening, all delicious! The staff went out of their to be friendly and helpful at all times. I definitely would come back - thank you so much for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We chose this resort over all others in the Palm Springs area due to its tennis courts and the reputation of its tennis staff. We were not disappointed!

So just to put the highlights of our trip, it was definitely the tennis! We are avid players and wanted to play every day we were there. The 25 courts are beautiful and well maintained. Regina, the tennis coordinator was able to arrange matches for us every morning, and each match was perfect in terms of being both competitive and challenging. Also, everyone we played against was so pleasant! I had read on other sites that Regina was the best at arranging matches, and she lived up to that reputation. The rest of the tennis staff was also great. Tory gave us a lesson the first morning we were there. It was well worth the cost and we got a great workout. Also, Kevin the Tennis Director introduced himself to us later in our stay. We felt very welcome and will definitely come back, just on the strength of their tennis facility and staff.

As for the rest of our stay? The service - from start to finish was definitely top notch. This doesn't usually register high on my radar because I don't usually ask a lot from hotel staff in terms of service. But here, it was just so noticeably good. Everyone was very friendly. We had a couple special requests and they were handled immediately, and we were even called back to see if our needs had been met. We ate breakfast at the BluEmber restaurant every morning, and the restaurant staff helpful, friendly, and efficient. They took care of our odd little requests enthusiastically. It just felt good to have all that friendliness and courtesy surrounding us everywhere we went!

The room - I would describe the room as "really nice". There was nothing truly special or fancy about the room, but it was nicely appointed, clean, and had everything I needed, wanted, or expected. The pillows were really soft, with a combination of feather pillows and foam pillows. Lying in bed was very comfortable. The bed itself was a little firm for my liking, and not as good as, say a Heavenly Bed that you'd find in another hotel chain, but it was pretty good.

Check-in, Check-Out - while the staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful, the check-in an check-out process was the only part of our stay that was a little rough. They had no record of my reservation. Fortunately, the hotel was very lightly booked, and I was able to pull up a copy of the confirming email I had received from the hotel when I booked my reservation. It contained information about the rate and package I had reserved. So check-in took a while, but it was finally taken care of. Check-out was also rough, as the rate billed for my room was about $80 per night higher than the rate I booked. Again, the desk clerk took care of it quickly, but I didn't like having to be so vigilant.

All in all, I would chalk up the reservation and rate problems to an isolated incident and I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed 4 nights- the front desk was not as knowledgeable as I would expect for a resort in a resort area, we asked for a map and got a small copied map-and area information- she had to call someone to come down to cover the concierge area- She was helpful-but not overly. The rooms neeed updating-especially the bathroom, and the in room coffee setup. A big PLUS was the bed and linens -VERY COMFORTABLE! The restaurant was very expensive, and with the cold weather we couldn't enjoy the pool or pool area. I would recommend this place for the price- but if you are looking for high end luxury--the rooms don't have it-

Room Tip: The property is spread out- ask for a quiet room looking out to the golf course. Go with 1st floor s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Attended our company Redfin Real Estate
Company Annual Meeting in 2013. All went
well from Valet @ front door to check-in by
Cristin to nice lady host @ Blue Amber who
answered all my question politely to the
lady in their gift shop. All our meals done by
excellent banquet staff from Francisco? to waiter Carlos were polite & efficient. HK staff
response is like 4G & lounge staff smiles & welcome you. Did not see any upper mngmt
or M.O.D presence in lobby or in public area
but seems every one is doing their job
perfectly without much supervision. Great facility with gym & outdoor pool & spa. Too bad it was too cold during our stay to do
lapse in pool with 60F temps on Jan.16-19,
2013 stay. BTW the event company Redfin hired did an excellent job with arrangements
including arranging kosher/halal meals for
us. Thank you Mark & company.

• Stayed January 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a huge fan of apartment building structured hotels, so that kind of disappointed me from the beginning. The rooms are nice- not Omni nice, but nice enough. I think they could use some updating... Like fresh wallpaper and new tubs. I'm totally a bathroom person and I just wasn't wowed.

On the other hand, the service from the staff was awesome. Super friendly and accommodating! The pools were amazing- both the family friendly pool area with 2 great water slides, as well as the adults only pool. Curbside checkout was quick and easy, and most of all- THE BED WAS SUPER COMFY!!! Best night of sleep I had all week.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!