“Fun for the whole family!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
3rd Night Free
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Rancho Mirage
“Fun for the whole family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I took our two kids (ages 4 and 9) to RLP for a 3-night stay. Splashtopia is what originally attracted us to this resort. The nice thing about it was that we all enjoyed the water slides, lazy river, splash pad, and pool area. First, I have to say that there are lifeguards everywhere and they are well-trained and very observant. We even got a peak from our patio at their training in the morning before the water play area opened. We were impressed.

The set up of the pool and Splashtopia is secure and there are servers who deliver food and drinks to your lounge chairs, which you can easily charge to your room. Music is played through speakers in the background. There are umbrellas for shade. Arrive early for a good spot, though. And a life jacket was available (no charge) for my 4 year old to wear so he could swim freely. Also, this is the first hotel pool I have seen that has a hydraulic water chair in the pool which would be perfect for someone who is disabled.

One recommendation for visitors is to bring water shoes for the kids. The ground gets very hot. I also wish I would have used the fitness center since that is included in the $25 per day resort fee that is charged. The hotel was a great value overall though. There are deals on their website.

There is a shopping area with a movie theater and restaurants across the street. We ate at The Cheesecake Factory and saw a movie, but spent most of our time at the hotel, in the water.

The facility is updated and well-maintained. The landscaping is beautiful and you can see the mountains nearby. Nice set-up in the room. My only complaint was that the a/c was a bit noisy for me at night. Overall this is a great family experience, and we can't wait to go back again!

All of the staff were friendly.

• Stayed July 2011

1,443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

we came here with our 3 year old and met up with 3 other families. everyone had fun. the pool area is great, especially the lazy river, the beach and the splash area. the pool gets very crowded on saturday and sunday though.

the spa was lovely as well and had it's own private patio area and pool.

the breakfast buffet from blu ember was pretty decent. especially for the kids.

there were a few cons:
- if your package gives you spa credits and you are booking a service, make sure you to double check that you can use the spa credit to pay for it. some of the services are categorized under their hair salon (it's part of the same spa area, i could not tell it was not part of the spa) and so they wouldn't let me use the credit afterwards. the front desk was nice enough to remove the charge for us.

- we found a roach in our room at one point. i removed it and didn't' see another, but still disconcerting. our friends found a giant spider and had their room changed.

- the service at blu ember was spotty. sometimes it was great and very attentive and other times we could not flag down anyone to help us for long periods.

- since we were coming with 3 other families, we wanted to have rooms near each other. i don't mind that they couldn't make this happen, but we got different stories from different people. we checked in first and they told us that it was possible, that we just had to the other families call right away. i sent txts to my friends to call and they did within 5 minutes. they were told it was not possible at all, that the rooms in our building was all filled. once they arrived and checked in, one family was told they could accommodate us, but the others were told no. i just wish the front desk could figure out what the actual answer is.

Room Tip: imo, no need to pay for poolside rooms. the vista rooms are just a few steps away from the pool and...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at this resort for 3 nights (4 days) and it was amazing! My kids had so much fun at Splashtopia! The staff members were very nice and helpful. We stayed a Sunday-Wednesday. Sunday it was soo busy at the pool. People every where waiting for intertubes for the lazy river. Monday was much better, but Tuesday was perfect!!! We got a great deal (the summer getaway package) that included intertubes for the kids, 50.00 breakfast credit at bluEmber and 25.00 spa credit each day we were there! Awesome deal. My girls had so much fun, even listening to music on Sunday night and haveing appitizers at bluEmber. But of course nothing could beat the lazy river, water slides and sand area! We had a golf course view room, which was perfect because it wasnt too close to the pool where there was noise all the time. It was quiet and peaceful and every morning the husband and I would sit outside drinking coffee overlooking the beautiful golf course.
The food at bluEmber was great..and the Splash grill was pretty good as well.
If you have kids I would recommend going to this resort!! Our summer vacation was a hit with the whole family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

Was impressed by the service all the way around. They made you feel at home and were very friendly. Our kids loved the pool, slides, and the Lazy River. Good food, amenities , Spa, etc. Can't wait to go back in the fall!

• Stayed July 2011
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

I spent mother's day weekend here And I would definitely go back. The grounds are beautiful And we loved the fact that they have And adults only pool. There is a completely separate family oriented area With kiddie pools and water slides. The service at the restaurant and the food were both great. We got a handicap accessible room Which was a little bit dated But have a very large walk in shower. The access to the SPA is free which is a plus. The only bad experience we had was at check in on Friday evening.We had to wait for a full half hour because there was only one person at the front desk. Other than that it is highly recommended. Hope this is helpful

• Stayed May 2011
Newport Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We rented a 3 bedroom condo through the resort so that we could use resort facilities. Upon checking in, we noted HUGE dark stains on the master bedroom carpet and master bath carpet. Not wanting to make a big stink off the getgo, I covered the offending carpets with towels and proceeded to enjoy my vacation.
The resort Adult pool was lovely, and we enjoyed getting a facial at the spa.
After our return, I dropped a note to Cassandra, the booking agent at RLP expressing my disappointment about the carpet. She was aware of the problem, and her response was that had we complained when we checked in they could have had the carpets cleaned while we were there! Really? I'm spending $2000 for the noise, chemicals, and disruption to get carpets cleaned while I'm on vacation? I don't think so! She also offered some minor discount at a future date, but we'll pass.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Orangeville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Hotel is beautiful but the poor management of hotel, restaurant, facilities made it not worth the money. Pools are so overcrowded that we avoided what we thought we would enjoy. Guests have to wear wristbands to prove they aren't sneaking non guests into the jam packed dirty pool areas. Restaurant was poorly managed and breakfast took one hour for part of the food to arrive cold. I had to request missing food and items like syrup for pancakes twice.... And wait longer. I feel I got roped into an extra night on check- in since the desk clerk insisted we'd have to move if we stayed an extra night, which I am so sorry I did. They need to hire Disney to learn to run a full service, family oriented resort with efficiency and less tacky approaches to its management.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!