My husband and I took our two kids (ages 4 and 9) to RLP for a 3-night stay. Splashtopia is what originally attracted us to this resort. The nice thing about it was that we all enjoyed the water slides, lazy river, splash pad, and pool area. First, I have to say that there are lifeguards everywhere and they are well-trained and very observant. We even got a peak from our patio at their training in the morning before the water play area opened. We were impressed.
The set up of the pool and Splashtopia is secure and there are servers who deliver food and drinks to your lounge chairs, which you can easily charge to your room. Music is played through speakers in the background. There are umbrellas for shade. Arrive early for a good spot, though. And a life jacket was available (no charge) for my 4 year old to wear so he could swim freely. Also, this is the first hotel pool I have seen that has a hydraulic water chair in the pool which would be perfect for someone who is disabled.
One recommendation for visitors is to bring water shoes for the kids. The ground gets very hot. I also wish I would have used the fitness center since that is included in the $25 per day resort fee that is charged. The hotel was a great value overall though. There are deals on their website.
There is a shopping area with a movie theater and restaurants across the street. We ate at The Cheesecake Factory and saw a movie, but spent most of our time at the hotel, in the water.
The facility is updated and well-maintained. The landscaping is beautiful and you can see the mountains nearby. Nice set-up in the room. My only complaint was that the a/c was a bit noisy for me at night. Overall this is a great family experience, and we can't wait to go back again!
All of the staff were friendly.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort And Spa
- Rancho Las Palmas Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort Spa
- Rancho Palmas Resort
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA