“I don't get this hotel” 2 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   68900 Frank Sinatra Drive, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Dallas, Texas
“I don't get this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our family of 5 just arrived last night coming from the Montage in Laguna beach (incredible!) - the valet here was a mess, State Fare restaurant "sold out" with lots of empty tables and extremely average food, our suite faces a walkway with zero privacy and feels like we are in a dark basement since you can't open the shades without sharing your room with all the other guests. The workout facility is like a a hotel conference room and when my husband asked if he could use the spa bathroom they said yes but he would have to buy a $25 day pass to use it. Also, if you want a cup of coffee in the morning, it is $4. My kids asked if there were any games and they said yes, we have one - the game was "Sorry". Perhaps that sums it up.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very nice stay. Accommodations are nicely done and spacious. Had a room with a firepit which was great when kids went to bed. Restaurant is casual but elegant with great food. They need a snack shop for mornings to get coffee and muffin or at other times dor snacks. Kids had a great time. Two complaints: 1) kiddie pool was very cold 2) valet accidently damaged my trunk (minor) while putting in luggage and still in process of working out reimbursement and repairs.
Overall, an enjoyable stay with exceptionally nice staff.

• Stayed November 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

On the last day of our stay we went to valet to pick up our car and were told that there was no record of it. On our own, thanks to some very helpful people at Hertz, we were able to determine that our rental car was brought back to LAX roughly 5 hours earlier. The hotel said they had no idea what happened. They asked if someone we knew could have taken car. They said they only had one other Hertz car on property and they knew who it belonged to and that there were no other Nissan's (brand of our rental car) on property. It was only after Hertz called the hotel that they were able to locate the other Hertz car on property. Vanessa, the assistant manager of valet parking has been very helpful but there has been no follow up from the hotel. Today,I was finally able to speak with the secretary in the executive offices. The woman I spoke with was both polite and professional and she was going to transfer me to the director of rooms but the director of rooms would not take my call. Instead, he had the secretary relay a message that the valet company is not owned by Ritz Carlton and I would have to deal with the valet company directly. I am a Ritz Carlton Lifetime Platinum member. Nothing like this has happened in the 1,000+ nights that I have accumulated. The fact that this happened might be forgivable but the fact that the Ritz Carlton was so dismissive speaks volumes to how the management at this hotel treats their guests. BTW - We were still charged the $30 per night for parking. I suppose, from the hotel's perspective, the car was parked there each morning - they didn't allow someone else to take it until the last day. Valet parking is the only option so you have no choice to hand control of your car over to the hotel.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Doug W, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good Day maxxiep,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my deepest apologies for this situation. I apologize for any misunderstanding, as I certainly do wish to speak with you. I did leave you a voicemail yesterday at the number provided. Please know we truly appreciate your loyalty, and I look forward to discussing this matter with you personally. I can be reached at elizabeth.faler@ritzcarlton.com or directly at (760) 202-2170.

Elizabeth Faler
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I planned my annual Customer Event at Rancho Mirage and it was a HUGE Success!!! This resort is absolutely STUNNING! I don't have one complain about the resort, staff, restaurant or catering. Everything was perfect! The Catering Manager - Don Maselli was an absolute pleasure to work with; he made sure our event was Spectacular.

I also stayed for a few days for some personal time and this place is gorgeous! The pools, restaurant, bars, ROOMS are perfect! I couldn't ask for a better place to visit.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views; I had the Mountain View Room and it was beautiful!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is top notch. Great service, newly remodeled. It has only been open 6 months as the Ritz Carlton. Wonderful views from all over the resort. Everyone who worked there bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. We had a room overlooking the adults only pool which was quieter than pools on the other side of the hotel. Obviously, the hotel is pricey and includes both a daily resort fee of $30 and a parking fee of $30 but I've come to expect those added fees and factor that into how much I'm going to be paying on a daily basis. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the adults only pool are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We will be traveling to the Ritz- Carlton/Ranch Mirage on 12/23. We have never been to the California desert, so I really needed a lot of help from the concierge desk. I have been working with Bruce Reifel, and have been really happy with theservice he has provided. First of all, all questions get answered promptly. I have inquired about sites, and restaurants. The restaurants are really important to me (see my review of the Fairmont/Santa Monica; another great concierge experience), and Bruce really helped me understand what each restaurant has to offer. I believe the Ritz is the best choice in the Ca desert. I'm really looking forward to being there, and already know that I will experience 5 star service on this trip

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This resort is pure paradise. The resort is set on a mountain with a beautiful view. It is so quiet and tranquil that I cannot say enough. The pictures on the hotel website are absolutely true to what you see, which is generally unusual. The people who work at this place are not to be matched anywhere else. I have never stayed anywhere with this kind of service. You do not even have to ask for anything. From the time you check in where the desk staff walks you to the elevator to the pool attendants who set up your lounge chair with beach towels and umbrellas, if you wish to be in the shade, and bring you water, this resort is like no other. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a serene relaxing vacation.

If you are looking to venture out from the resort a car really is needed. You can take a cab, but the price adds up quickly. The liquor and food at the resort is expensive. A glass of wine is $14 and a mixed drink is $12. I highly recommend the burger in the State Fair restaurant as it is out of this world, but it is $20. You can walk down the mountain to a deli to get liquor, sandwiches and limited snacks, but you do need to be in good shape since it is a pretty good walk down the mountain and then back up without carrying anything never mind carrying a bottle of wine. I also don't recommend walking in the dark since some of the cars speed and the road is curvey.

We ventured out for dinner and went to a Mexican restaurant called Guillermo. The food was very good. The cab cost about $26 each way. We also went to Dhat Island Caribbean Creole restaurant which is just down the mountain about a $6 cab ride each way. Also very good.

One thing that is very important to me is the fitness center and this one did not disappoint. The equipment is all very new and a wide assortment to get a good work out in. Each day there is one free class and the instructors also are great. The fitness center is very clean and the temperature is perfect. There is plenty of bottled water available for free in your room, at the pool and in the fitness center. This is highly unusual for any place I have ever been, but this is also a great perk for someone who drinks a lot of water.

The resort fee includes wifi which is available everywhere on the property and it worked great without any problems.

This resort is just absolutely amazing and I would definitely hands down return again.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room to be had on this resort.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Doug W, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Alexis r,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the resort. Your review is verydetailed, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our Ladies and Gentlemen are true service professionals, and I will pass your positive reviews on to them. I am glad you found a serene, relaxing vacation here. Thank you for being our guest and I look forward to your return.

Doug

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!