This place holds the basic standards of the Ritz. We enjoyed our one night stay and wished we could have enjoyed the pampering a bit longer. It's definitely worth staying two nights so that you can enjoy the spa, because it is their highlight. The hotel is very new and they only have one restaurant open. State Fare serves up dishes using local produce and vendors, so the food is as natural as possible. However, it doesn't offer much variety, so once the steak house opens up, there will be more options. This is not your usual Palm Springs party hotel, but it does have an adult pool that serves drinks and has a DJ. The hotel is actually very kid friendly, which was nice for us. In terms of room selection, I would pass on the view rooms and go for a patio room. You can enjoy sitting in your patio and enjoy the grounds. The view didn't appeal to me much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly enveloped within the Santa Rosa Mountain range, The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage is located on a 650-foot bluff overlooking world-famous Palm Springs and the picturesque Coachella Valley. This luxurious Palm Springs hotel boasting 244 guest rooms with 16 suites including spacious and private spa suites, is thoughtfully-designed to complement its desert mountain location by featuring natural elements of stone, wood and fire - which reflect the local landscape, hues and regional surroundings. At The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, amenity highlights include State Fare Bar & Kitchen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and featuring an exhibition kitchen, private dining room and multiple indoor/outdoor seating areas. A second remarkable restaurant, The Edge (opening fall 2014), features aged steak and seafood served cliffside with unparalleled views of the valley below. Further resort highlights include a luxurious, 24,000-square-foot spa, swimming and relaxation pools, and preferred access to some of the finest golf and tennis experiences at premier courses and clubs in the Palm Springs Valley. This exceptional Palm Springs hotel in California offers guests a true luxury desert experience, while providing convenient access to world-class shopping, dining, recreation and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton, Rancho Mirage Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage
- The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage CA