“Excellent family vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent family vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We recently stayed for a week in July and had a great time. When we travel as a family, we typically stay at Four Seasons, Fairmont, etc. This resort definitely lives up to the Ritz Carlton luxury brand. This is truly a great property with staff going out of their way to ensure a great stay. Ricky the bellman provided a warm and friendly intro to our room and other amenities upon arrival. The dining room had a fantastic menu and staff greeted us by name each day we were there. Kids are definitely welcome here and are treated extra special. Aleesha, Shannon, Kyle and others in the dining room provided exceptional service. The spa, pool area, fitness centre are top notch. The valet team (Mark, Kevin, Scott, Scott and Nick) assisted us with a smile and quick service each time we came and went from the hotel. The rooms are spacious (we had a main floor, furnished patio room by the pool with a fire pit) and nicely decorated. Bathroom is great with an amazing deep tub. Can't say enough good things about this place-we will be back soon.

Room Tip: Main floor patio room, with fire pit, facing family pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
newport beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We spent Fourth of July Weekend at the Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage and had a great time. The staff is exceptional, the kids club activities keep the kids entertained and the food was great. The pool was the place to be all day. Everything about the hotel is great, we will definitely come back. We are a family of four and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel and it's surroundings are exceptional. 5 stars
Nicholas 5 stars: the valet who greeted me on arrival and assisted me to my room was excellent,helpful and professional. And as a credit to him, he remembered my name the next day and continued to offer to be helpful.
Amy 5 stars, at front desk: when I asked and learned that there was no LA Times on premises she offered and managed to have one delivered to my room the next day
Alexandra 2 stars front desk: I had confirmed through Horacio the evening before my arrival that he would do all that he could to facilitate early checkin. On arrival, clearly the hotel had many vacancies I was told by Alexandra that my room was ready but needed to have an executive inspection before I could check in and she couldn't give me any idea how long that might be but seemed to be very anxious that I go to the restaurant for lunch. This uncertainty was a major inconvenience, so she offered me a room on the first floor which was ready for checkin.
Her greeting was effusive and a bit exaggerated and 10 minutes later she didn't remember my name or ask how the room was.
It was she that I first asked about the newspaper and her response was that I could drive down the hill to get one, in contrast to Amy's helpful and appreciated response.

Dining 3 stars: food was good but service was lacking. It seemed most servers were high school age and inexperience and requests were forgotten ( cream for coffee, toast, or on another occasion bread) and service was not attentive.

Finally, this morning I encountered 2 cockroaches in my bathroom, one which I caught and saved to show housekeeping. There seemed to be some uncertainty from housekeeping and the front desk as to the significance of this for me occupying the room, but I was given an option to relocate if I wanted (I did not) and told them that I did not feel it was necessary unless they needed to treat the room ( they did not). In light of this I asked that the manager be informed about this and I was told that he was, yet I received no apology from him or any acknowledgement of the situation. Additionally the bathroom area had a mildew type of odor.

This Ritz has tremendous potential but does not meet the standards of my past experience with the Ritz name.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Doug W, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear dakelly1,

Thank you for taking time to review our resort. I apologize that your experience did not live up to the high standards that we promise at The Ritz-Carlton. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally regarding your experience and can be reached at 760-202-2161. Thank you again or your feedback. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Doug Watson
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I were shopping in Orazon and decided to dine at the Ritz. While the menu was limited, the quality was superb. I had the grass fed filet mignon cooked perfectly at medium; my wife enjoyed a lamb-based lasagna. We toasted our ongoing honeymoon. Me with a juice-based spritzer and she with a pineapple/coconut concoction (sans alcohol). But the view and the friendly service from Erik, Odalis, and Nacary topped it all off making for a fabulous experience at Rancho Mirage!

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel just re-opened in May so they still have a lot of kinks but the room although small are decorated nice and are very comfortable. We went there for a girlfriends weekend getaway and there was 4 of us. We always share one room and want to stay together the whole weekend and usually a room at the Ritz is more than efficient for the 4 of us but this was not the case in this hotel. With 2 double beds in the room there was hardly any room to walk around the room. We did have a nice patio on the first floor which opened to the yard and the pool area and was very convenient and pleasant. The adults pool was an infinity rook with a nice view of the valley but the wall is a little too long so you have to be out of water to enjoy the view.
The food is nothing special yet expensive and at times old and not the best quality. I am not going to lie... they have a lot to do there in the food department to catch up but the staff is very nice and the management does listen and tries to make things right. I hope they fix these little kinks soon and then they can get 4 stars. Since the rooms and even the suites are very small I couldn't give this hotel 5 stars. Sorry!
The hotel does have a nice spa and workout room which we enjoyed very much as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear NilooG,

Thank you or taking the time to review our resort. I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not meeting your expectations on this visit. Feedback is crucial to our success and I would greatly appreciaite the opportunity to speak to you in more detail about your experience. My direct line is 760-202-2161. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Doug Watson
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband surprised me with a night on my birthday. Nearly all the staff we came across wished me a happy birthday. When we arrived to our room I had a very nice birthday dessert, a picture that my husband had sent Zach, a cute little bag and a hand written note to me. All these details were greatly appreciated by both of us. Extremely nice surprise upon arrival. We had a fire pit room which was a beautiful space for us to relax. We ended up cancelling our dinner reservations just so we could enjoy the peace and quiet. Thoroughly enjoyed our drinks by the fire pit in the evening. A truly beautiful place to get away. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I just returned from an amazing weekend getaway and it was perfection. This is a beautiful property with top notch service. The spa was lovely and the gym has great equipment. The views from the grounds are breathtaking and it makes you want to never leave! Brian at the adult pool was incredible.

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!