“Four Star Hotel Five Star Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Night+Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Rancho Mirage
concord,nc,usa
“Four Star Hotel Five Star Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wonderful experience at the Westin Villas. From the moment I made the reservations with Vitale, the front desk manager, I knew we were in good hands. Check in with Maria made us feel most welcome. We went right to the pool and Ashley served us with a smile. She also gave us many tips on what to see and where to go. Her best suggestion was the Thursday night festival in downtown Palm Springs. We had a blast!
The next day, Vitale called to make sure everything was ok, and gave us a nice surprise . WOW!
The next day, Maria sent up a great snack tray. I am SPG Platinum, and I must say, I have never been treated so superbly as here. My friend, who is not SPG, was quite impressed. I hope the management values the wonderful staff here.
Well done team, you are an example to all of Starwood, we will be back!

Room Tip: Upstairs, as there is no noise above you.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JMMoran, General Manager at Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
CarolinaTraveler, thank you very much for recognizing our team! I'm thrilled that Ashley, Maria and Vitaliy added to your renewal experience! For us, it's all about the service and personalizing everything that we do to create an amazing visit! Our team takes such pride in our resort and ensuring that our guests feel "connected," and I'll be sure to share your sentiments about the "5-star staff," with the team. As an SPG platinum guest, your complete satisfaction is our priority and I am absolutely thrilled that our associates have left you with such a positive impression! Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you on your next stay!

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were soooo happy to receive this hotel/villa as our Hotwire deal! What an amazing spot in the desert! We were upgraded to a beautiful 800 sq ft, premium villa room that had everything you need for a getaway and more!!!! Beautiful landscaping, heated pool, rain shower head, dual sinks, giant jacuzzi tub, clean sheets, king bed, private patio, full kitchen with washer and dryer and all the tools you'll need to cook and clean! I mean just amazing!!!

We had dinner at the italian restaurant at the hotel side. Oh sooo good! Very satisfied with the staff, the golf cart courtesy ride to and from our room to the restaurant.

Edwin was very professional, kind and really made our stay special! Thanks Edwin you did a great job!

We are coming back with others for sure!!!!

Room Tip: Being closer to the pool is a plus but we went during off season so that might change with the summe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
letstalktravel, thank you for your thoughts and feedback! We're glad that the team and in particular, Edwin, took great care of you! We appreciate the kind words about the wonderful unit you were in, the grounds and landscape and your restaurant experience. We too think the resort is an oasis in the desert and we're glad to share it with you and provide you with a renewing experience. Thank you again and our team is looking forward to serving you again on your next visit!
palos heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

just returned from 10 nite stay. the staff,from check-in, to pool attendants, to housekeeping/maintenance, by far the best of several of our timeshares. management is very responsive to any request. all in all, a 5 star experience.

Room Tip: 1st floor double end units in bldgs 38,39,or 40 are sunny,scenic, and close to pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Steve S, thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We appreciate your thoughts and are thrilled that you had a 5-star experience. The team works very hard to personalize the service they provide and to ensure that they leave a positive, lasting impression and I'm glad that that did so with you. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit.
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed last night at the Villas. The property desperately needs sprucing up. I was expecting standard Westin quality. They are my go to for family trips. We arrived around 4:00 and hesitated when we checked in, it didn't have the quality vibe I have come to expect.The exterior is dingy looking and felt very motel-ish. A fresh coat of paint would do wonders. We went to our room and although the furniture and carpet could use a cleaning, we decided it was going to be too much to pack everyone back into the car and try to locate another place to stay. As we got ready to go out to dinner, I noticed the bathroom floor had not been well cleaned. There was hair that didn't belong to us and it was slightly sticky. I called and requested that housekeeping come up and clean the floor. When we returned from dinner, it appeared that no one had come by. We won't stay here again. Notably, my family had a great time at the hotel portion of the property. It is lovely to drive up to at night and has a very relaxing feel with lots of water features. My husband and daughter played some tennis in the morning at the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I wonder if the hotel rooms are better kept than the villas???

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JMMoran, General Manager at Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
jacklew, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Please accept my sincere apology for the condition of your unit. I'm not one for excuses, it's simply not acceptable. I would appreciate connecting with you to offer a more personal apology as well as understand what unit you were in so I may deep dive into this and resolve. My direct line is (760) 202-6213. Our team is very proud of the resort and takes great pride is providing exceptional experiences; I will share yours with them, as they will use your thoughts and feedback to evolve and grow. I appreciate your comments about the fresh coat of paint and to that extent, we are actually in the middle of several resort renovations, one of which, is to paint all the exteriors of our guest buildings, carports and amenity buildings. We're thrilled with the results thusfar and by the end of April, the resort exterior will be completely refeshed and renewed. Thank you again for connecting with us and I look forward to speaking with you and the opportunity of earning back your trust and confidence in how we provide service.
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Westin is a very beautiful complex complete with hotel, villas and a Pete Dye designed golf course. Fabulous spa. The staff are extremely helpful and very courteous. They go out of there way to provide any assistance or services..

Room Tip: Try for a room with a view of the golf course
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
John l, thank you very much for your thoughts! We're glad that you enjoyed the facility and it's array of amenities. You're right, from the Pete Dye Course to the Spa, we're fortunate to have outstanding options for our guests to enjoy. I'll be sure to share your thoughts about our team with them. They are always excited to hear about the positive, lasting impressions they leave on our guests and I'm so glad that they had this affect on you. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was our first time to the Weston Mission Hills as well as the Palm Springs area itself. We travel regularly and Ca honestly say we were impressed with the villas, the property and the service we received. Upon arrival we were welcomed by Alex at the front desk who did an exceptional job assisting us. We used the facilities at the resort (pool, gym, walking paths, restaurant, villa markets, etc) and were delighted with all of them. Our visit was in January and even though it was winter we had plenty to do. We travelled our 7 month old and were always accomodated and made to feel welcome. Excellent overall, we will be back!

Room Tip: We had a suite. Loved the fireplace and the full kitchen is worth it. The BBQ is also a good touch.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JMMoran, General Manager at Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
lizvianello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our resort! We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us and even more thrilled that we left such a positive, lasting impression on you, that you will be returning. Thank you for recognizing Alex; he's an all-star and always executes brilliantly to take care of our guests. Like you, we agree that the resort has outstanding amenities and our units, well appointed. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations and our team eagerly anticipates your return and providing you with another great stay.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Your first impressions are often made when you walk through the doors and head to the front desk. I have frequented the Westin MH Villas weekly for work responsibilities and every time I have left happy. The two gentlemen at the front desk that stand out are Edwin and Juan. Each and every time I have come in to check-in, they have remembered me, provided me with top notch service, and never failed to start my experience off right. As a gold member, I have been given complimentary upgrades when business was slow and the rooms are incredible! Huge, comfortable beds, large TVs, fireplaces, and jacuzzi tubs. One of my rooms had a jacuzzi tub adjacent to my bed big enough to fit 4 adults in it with waterfall effect and jets. While the dining options are a bit limited in this area, the Westin Burger at Seasons is pretty amazing. This is a great place to setup for rest, work, and a good nights sleep. If you see Juan or Edwin at the front desk, you should know you're in good hands. Thank you, both, for helping to create such memorable experiences.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Moos_Aloha, thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience! I'm thrilled that Juan and Edwin left you with such positive, lasting impressions. Our team is completely dedicated to providing exceptional service and personalizing experiences and each and every one of our associates takes great pride in what they do. We're glad that you make our resort your home when you come out to the desert and like you, agree that we have fabulous accommodations. I too, enjoy the Westin burger, can't beat it! The next time you're with us, if you haven't already done so, try our chips and salsa. Homemade, guacamole based salsa, can't beat it! Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to servingin you again on your next visit!

Been to Westin Mission Hills Villas? Share your experiences!