“Must try” 4 of 5 stars

760-328-8844
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Casuelas Nuevas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 91 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Via Florencio
Transit: Bus stop two blocks away.
“Must try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Our resort recommended this restaurant so glad we stopped in for an early dinner. Great service and food. This will definitely be a go to spot when were in Rancho Mirage. Loved the decor. Ceviche is a must have. Delicious

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Illinois
“Nice atmosphere & AWESOME daiquiris!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner at Las Casuelas Nuevas. The food was good, and they made a strong and delicious daiquiri!! We enjoyed the live mariachi music and appreciated that they stayed in the background, so as not to be obtrusive. Cute decor and would have loved to try the patio - not open - too hot this time of year!! Would recommend!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mill Valley, California
“THE Mexican Spot to go to when in Palm Springs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is the larger of all their restaurants and they have amazing food and margaritas with a roaming Guitar Player! Very nice and excellent service.

Visited July 2014
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
“Compared to other Mexican I have have....really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Let me first say that I am not the biggest fan of "American" Mexican food (Frontera type restaurants). Las Casuelas was really, really good. It was much more traditional Mexican food which I like. The price was typical for a restaurant around the area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Not bad, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Coming from San Diego, we love good Mexican food and having heard rave reviews from several sources we wanted to make sure to stop at this restaurant during our short trip to Palm Springs. I can't say I was impressed, the food certainly wasn't bad but maybe my expectations were too high. It's about what I would expect from a Mexican chain like El Torito. The $6 side order of guacamole was a small bowl of greyish paste. Entrée portions are generous with your typical refried beans and Mexican rice. I had the steak tacos and the meat was flavorful, my boyfriend had the enchiladas plate which was enough to serve three people. I wouldn't say don't come here, just don't go out of your way.

• Visited July 2014