“Food was bland” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Food was bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I love chinese food, I eat it regularly.

We haven't ever bothered eating here and I don't know why. We have ate before at Pei Wei which is the more cafe style venue owned by Changs and it was good.

We were a party of 2 and we ordered 3 entree dishes. All 3 were lacking in flavour and had no depth to them. It was very disappointing, very. Ironically the appetizer of changs ribs was delicious.

I wouldn't go back, why would I when I can get much tastier food from Panda Express or any other generic Chinese.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Joplin, Missouri
“Beat The Heat with a Treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Really consistent food. THIS is key with chains and PFC's can sometimes let one down (more on that in my other PFC reviews!) but NEVER this location! We LOVE to eat here whenever we are visiting my Dad in the desert. He loves it too. Being vegetarian it isn't always easy when eating out and I can assure you that the tofu lettuce wraps, shanghai cucumbers and garlic snow peas fill me right up (and I always have some to take home for morning!)!!

We eat here at LEAST 1 time per visit but sometimes (generally) more. I only do NOT give it the 5th star because their servers are complete dolts! With the exception of 1 GREAT service experience the rest have been sort of meh :/ to downright surly!

In spite of that - we'll be back and super grateful they exist there!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Quinta, California
“Malevolent Martin Mars Meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our recent visit was spoiled by Martin, our surly, taciturn waiter. After placing our order, we were annoyed when we heard the waiter at the table behind ours describing a four-course, prix-fixe menu which was not mentioned to us as an option. Had it been, we would definitely have ordered from this menu. Our food was delivered by someone other than our waiter. After looking around for Martin for about 10 minutes, we asked the hostess to bring us some water. Martin appeared a couple of minutes later and slammed down two glasses of water on the table without a word. As soon as we had finished our entrée, Martin appeared with the bill. He didn’t ask us about our meal, ask if we would like dessert, tea, coffee, etc., or say anything at all to us. We were stunned! The food was fine, but the whole experience was ruined by Martin’s unpleasant and unprofessional attitude.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Blythe, California
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a nice dinner the food was good and the server freindly. We had tried to go to another restaurant that was crowded and too warm. This place was comfortable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Desert, California
“Love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

There is something about the way they prepared the food that takes it over the top. Never had anything I didn't love. The Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a favorite. Drinks are generous, atmosphere and decor first class. The wait time (no reservations for small parties) can be shortened by calling and putting your name in before you make the drive....or you could stroll the River Walk while you wait to be called.

Visited November 2012