“It was clean & comfortable....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Rancho Mirage
Arizona
“It was clean & comfortable....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Just returned from a business trip in Rancho Mirage, Ca. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn from 8/7/09 thru 8/9/09. Good location for this hotel since our conference was at the Westin Mission Hills (on Bob Hope/Dinnah Shore). This hotel was only 4.5 miles
away with easy access. The room was just fine. We had a bottom floor unit
(room 149) located near the back parking area. The bedding was nice, bathroom
clean and functional and the fridge and microwave were nice. We used the Free WiFi in
the room with no problems. My only complaint was the air conditioner. It really is as loud
as the other reviews state. It worked just fine, but man did it sound like semi starting up
right next to my bed. It was hard to hear the tv over it and we worried we were waking the neighbors so temp went up while it was TV time and we cooled off the room after tv time.
I didn't get a chance to have breakfast here, although I heard other say it was good. Staff was friendly all the way around. It is in a nice location next to shopping and food. It worked just fine for us.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lampeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

My wife and myself stayed here for seven nights and found it 1st class,the staff were most polite and helpful.The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice on the menu,the rooms were kept spotlessly clean by the housekeeping staff.The pool area was also kept clean with plenty of room to sit and rest in the sun or shade.Would certainly return here and recomend it friends and family.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

We chose here based on a previous stay. We are here for a week and got great rates. We like the location for shopping, eating and golf. It isn't near the freeway, but that's what we were looking for. We can walk to or drive a very short distance to eating or golf. We had one issue with the room, but it was taken care of in minutes and would come here again. Right near the River center.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Hanford, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Stayed for just one night on a cross country trip. Room was comfortable and clean. Service was acceptable, and over all a decent nights sleep in comfortable beds. Be forewarned the Hilton is not near the freeway, but on the other hand it is located in a nice area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Long Beach CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

We cashed in HiltonHonors points, so I can't comment on the cost. (I was happy to learn that HiltonHonors gives you last room availability. This hotel was full for the holiday weekend with 15 people on the waitlist. I was able to confirm my room just a couple days prior.)

Check-in was quick, easy and friendly with Scott. He handed us a welcome kit that had a Harlequin novel in it, Pepto-bismol, personal lubricant, sunscreen, toothpaste, moisture lotion, Aleve and more. Interesting!

The hotel is on busy Highway 111, but our street facing room was quiet. We were hoping for a King bed but the full hotel had us in two beds. The website said they were queens, but they seemed more like doubles. They were very comfortable and had duvets on them instead of bedspreads and blankets. I prefer the duvets as they seem much more prone to frequent washings than a bedspread and are more comfortable.

The air conditioning unit was very noisy and we couldn't hear the TV over it when it came on. Granted it was late, the TV was low and we didn't want to chance waking our neighbors, so didn't turn the TV up. The A/C unit did not wake us up.

The shower was VERY tall. As we are, too, it wasn't an issue, but someone shorter than 5'7" and kids might have a problem with it. Water pressure was excellent, plenty of hot water, towels, shampoo, etc. Bathroom was on the smaller side, but we didn't need more for our one night, casual stay.

Parking is free and there is a pool, although we didn't use it. It was a larger sized pool with lots of chairs and lounges around it.

Free Starbuck's coffee in the morning in the lobby and free Internet are nice. No complaints, nothing special, just easy, clean, comfortable and convenient. We'd certainly stay again if it was what we needed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
nj/az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Large rooms, free internet, microwave and fridge. Clean and friendly staff. No complaints at all.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

I am writing this review to try to save someone the misery that my wife and I just experienced at this hotel.
I'll start by saying we have stayed there in the past and although it is not the best hotel in the world it always was at least functional. Well this recent trip changed my opinion completely.
To begin with we asked for a quiet area and they put us near the pool where the pool pump runs all night so we asked to be moved. They moved us across the hall so we would not be near the pool.
All seemed ok except we noticed that the in room air conditioner/heather sounds like a 747 taking off so we unplugged it. Whoever designed these hotels seemed to think people could sleep with a loud motor running. I guess we never noticed it before because we stayed during times of the year where the heat or air were not necessary.
That said we fell asleep at 10:00 pm and at 12 midnight we were awakened by the sounds of a baby screaming (not just crying) I mean screaming as though it was being killed. In addition these people (right next door) were also slamming the door and runnign the bathtub all of this at midnight.
I do not blame the hotel for this as they do not know what nut cases are going to stay at their hotel ( I do blame them for putting us next to them when we asked for a quiet area).
So I had to run down to the lobby at midnight and here is where this hotel gets weird. After telling them what was happening their answer was they did not want to call the people in this room and we could move but the people with the baby did not have to move. I guess the rules now are if you have a baby you can make noise in the mifddle of the night. This is crazy and it penalizes people who are not at fault and rewards people who should not be staying at a hotel (no I do not hate children).
OK so we said we would move but we needed a quiet are. They insisted they would put us in a quiet area with all business people. So we moved and at 1:00 am we were awakened by 4 kids partying across the hall. We also relaized we were facing Highway 111 so we got to hear motorcycles going up and down the strip all night. We got 3 hours sleep that night.
We of course checked out the next day. So my suggestion to anyone thinking of staying here is this: If you have a baby or want to party all night this is the hotel for you. If you are looking for a good nights sleep then DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. The airconditioner/heater is like an airplane motor (if you think I am kidding, I am not) and they will not force people to quiet down even at 1:00 am
We are not the type to complain and we realize hotels stays can have some issues but this was truely the worst experience of my adult life as far as staying at any hotel).
For those of you who want to believe the other reviews I would say you might end up not having the same experience as us but you had better be prepared to take your chances because the staff has a limited intellect.
I am not writing this to be funny I am writing this woth the hope that some one else will be spared what we went through.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!