“hilton garden inn, rancho mirage.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Package
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
san diego, United States
“hilton garden inn, rancho mirage.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

met my expectancy. please look for a place to stay. and not worry for a place to judge. location worked for our leisure stay. visited some indian canyon trails. went to some swap meets. and dining areas were walking distance for us. weather was excellent. the room was very Hilton if one is familiar with Hilton style.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Ugh. Do not confuse the Palm Springs Hilton - perhaps the best located joint in the Valley with this place. The real Hilton is a cool place to hang but it was fully full. They sent us to their kid sister property nine miles away -- The Garden Inn, located in God forsaken Rancho Mirage. Garden Inn? Didn't see a garden.

Nor did I see any recognition of my brand loyalty to Hilton. As a Diamond level member, I'm used to fussiness bestowed upon me at other properties. Room upgrades, etc. at the gardenless Hilton, nada. Our room looked onto the building next door - literally the wall of the building was three feet from our window. Do you like a stucco view? No recognition of my brand loyalty at check inn, and our breakfast coupon was for one - even though my husband was standing next to me.

The breakfast thing is weird. A server takes your egg order and other items are supposed to be at a buffet. Signs everywhere indicating as much. Wrong. No hot items available. We had to ask the server for other hot items. For this omelet, $11.95 without a coupon? Clearly the biggest rip off in the Valley.

Rancho Mirage is a sleepy place. I think this hotel was built for visiting adult children of aged parents. I'm not being an ageist - I actually now qualify as a senior - I'm just saying there ain't no nightlife kiddo! Highway 111 is deserted by 10PM. If you like the nightlife, stay in Palm Springs. The Hilton, Hyatt and Hard Rock are all exquisite locations where you walk to everything.

Back to Rancho Mirage though. The gardenless hotel public spaces are nice with ample parking. Kind of a cool retro vibe for a factory hotel. The desk staff, although apparently clueless about the brand loyalty program, were very friendly - always greeting you as you pass.

The room we had on the first floor was, in a word, utilitarian. Besides the stucco wall view, there are paper cups, too firm a bed, lowest end paper products, linens and toiletries. On the plus side - good flat screen TV with ample channel selection and a Keurig (sp?) coffee machine. Small fridge and micro - you might want to use the latter for a Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl in lieu of the pricey omelet.

So, here's how I see it on a scale of 1-10. Rooms are a 5, public spaces a 6, parking a 10, breakfast a 4, brand loyalty program implementation - sorry guys, you owe points and a few pints for that one. Can't give you anything here. Spoiled Diamond members like me beware. You just met your Hilton nightmare.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gambier, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are typical HGI, but clean and well-maintained. Staff is polite and attentive at desk and at breakfast; cooked-to-order breakfast is high quality. Nice pool area and adequate workout room. November is off-peak, but the price with AAA discount through Hilton website was very reasonable. A very good choice if you want to be in the Palm Springs area and don't mind being 10 miles from downtown PS. HVAC in room is a bit noisy when it cycles on. Wifi worked fine for me. Overall I give it a 5 because of the very reasonable price.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I can't understand how this place has gotten so many poor reviews for service - I stayed here twice in the past couple of weeks, and the service was excellent, the location can't be beat, and the rooms are well appointed and in excellent shape. IMHO, it's the best value in the Hilton family in the entire Palm Springs-Indio area by far. Maybe I got treated better because I'm Gold with Hilton, but this place was more than I expected for the money. The WiFi worked fine, the bed was comfortable, and the fridge was a nice convenience. I'll be going back in a couple of weeks.

The pool is not resort level, but it's certainly sufficient for this class of inexpensive hotel.

Breakfast was quite excellent as well, and the lobby was nice and inviting.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband & I always try to stay at a Hilton Property when traveling and chose the Hilton Garden Inn in Rancho Mirage because of the proximity to everything in the area. We found our room, outside pool & fitness room to be very nice. In addition, we had a great hot breakfast every morning. The location was perfect and we could just walk across the street to the many restaurants in the area. It was also centrally located to Palm Springs & Palm Desert and only a 10 min drive from the casino. The staff was friendly and we were happy with our 5 night stay. We could have paid much more $$$ for a fancy hotel on the golf course, but this suited us fine. We had a fun & relaxing time. The hotel offered everything we needed. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The positives on the hotel were that is was clean and the staff was very responsive. On the other hand, the hotel room and amnenities are just adequate. The gym was very small with limited equipment. The pool area is just plain and small with a big part occupied by a bar/grill area which was never used by vacationers or hotel. The room had a comfortable bed and was clean but a bit outdated. The restaurant looks and feels like IHOP. It had really bad ambience. It is overpriced for a nightly stay. There are hotels in the area that cost the same or a bit more that have much better accomodations and amnenities. I would not recommend this hotel to others for vacation but if your trip is for business and you just need a place to sleep than this might be your hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Blue Springs, MO, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I enjoyed my stay as usual. The facility is comfortable and ideally located for me. The renovated lobby area is attractive and welcoming. I've been coming here for several years and am most impressed by the people who work here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!