“Awesome Hotel - Highly Recommend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   71730 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Rancho Mirage
OC
“Awesome Hotel - Highly Recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

This hotel is great if you are just needing a place to stay, sightseeing and shopping. Good complimentary breakfast, clean and spacious room, free internet service and excellent customer service from front desk staff.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
bsbruce
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

I requested a handicapped room with 2 beds. When we arrived I was told that room was not available but they would give me a suite which had a pull out couch. The rooms are very small with extremely high ceilings which are dark, full of shadows and depressing. They are also not truly A.D.A. compliant as there isn't enough room to use a walker or wheelchair to get around the bed. I guess they expect someone in a wheelchair or walker to be able to crawl into bed from the end of the bed. In fact, the bedroom part of the "suite" is so small, there is only room enough for 1 nightstand. In addition, to move air from the bedroom to the sitting room, there is a loud fan which is very annoying. The front desk clerk moved a chair out of the room to help us with space. The breakfast is just about the same as a LaQuinta - but I will admit the coffee was good.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Anaheim, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

Our group picked this property for it's value and location. We were pleased with the rooms and breakfast. We used their meeting room and everything we needed was provided. The location is excellent since it's just across the street from The River Mall which has excellent choices for lunch/dinner. The one thing that really stood out was the staff. They were very helpfull with any of our needs! There were no negitive comments about our stay from our group.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
WingatebyWyndham, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this review, January 12, 2010
Dear Sir;

It was a pleasure assitting you with your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites Rancho Mirage. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to assisting your with your future travel plans.

Cyndi Riggle
Director of Sales
Country Inn & Suites Rancho Mirage
Santa Monica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

We came here for a long weekend to enjoy the desert and spend some quality time lounging by the pool. We were quite chagrined to realize the outdoor area was tiny, and in a closed off concrete deck right off the mall parking lot and highway. Oh yeah, for an 84 room hotel, they have about 6 lounge chairs. If you're coming to Rancho Mirage to hit the shopping mall, this is the place for you. If you want a bit of nice, outdoor, poolside relaxation, try other options.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
LoveOurCountryrm, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this review, June 19, 2009
Dear Sir;
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It was unfortunate that you happened to stay with us just prior to our pool and its furnishing undergoing renovation. The next time you happen to be traveling please look us up and give us a second chance. We look forward to making your next Country experience a more positive one.

Cyndi Riggle
Director of Sales
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Rancho Mirage, CA
Oak Park, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

Stayed here late April during the Coachella festival. Good location, right off Hwy 111 and about a 30 minute drive from the festival parking lot. There's nice mall and lots of great restaurants nearby (an Applebee's is right across the hotel parking lot). The Agua Caliente casino is also just a 15 minute drive up Bob Hope Road for those who want to hit the tables/slots.

Service was fairly friendly, no issues there. They have just one computer for checking e-mail, although I never had a problem accessing it when I wanted. Never used the pool, but it looked lame. Breakfast was fine but not exceptional.

King Room was pretty spacious, but the bed felt a little worn & springy. And the bathroom didn't have a fan which kind of sucked. The only major gripe I had was the noise in the room from the neighbors. For some reason this property felt it necessary to have just one thin drywall layer between rooms - I had a 2nd floor room next to a suite room and I could literally hear full conversations (and whatever TV show they were watching) in the room next to me. Even when the neighbors flushed the toilet it sounded like it came from my own room. If you're a light sleeper this would definitely be problematic for you.

Still, overall I think it's an okay property. The price is a little more than what I think you're getting. Although the hotel looks fairly new on the surface, it just has a "cheap" feel to it, particularly when it comes to the rooms.

Probably won't stay here again as I feel there has to be many better options nearby. There's a Hilton Garden Inn next door that I'll probably try next year. Regardless, I can't wait for Coachella '09!

• Liked — Location right on Hwy 111
  • Disliked — Noise between rooms
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

I went to Palm Springs and was looking for a clean, inexpensive place to sleep for one night. Country Inn and Suites was a good deal.

The location was pretty good. It was close to the mall and a ton of restaurants. It's not that close to El Paseo, but close enough.

The hotel was clean, and the rooms were a decent size. The bathroom was standard, nothing special. It was pretty quiet, and I was able to get a good night's sleep. It's was your typical inexpensive hotel. I was not looking for Four Seasons service, but the staff was courteous.

The great thing was the free breakfast. They had a waffle maker, OJ, coffee, danish, and eggs you could make in a microwave.

Overall, this is exactly the place you are looking for if you are looking for a clean, decent, inexpensive place to stay in Palm Springs. I've stayed at the Best Western, and it was more expensive and way worse. I would come here before I go back there.

• Liked — Free breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Old Forge,Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

We thoroughly enjoy Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert. We were there last August, 2007 and had stayed at Rancho las Palmas.However, the rates were exhorbitant there so we decided to try the Country inn . We were upgraded to a suite. The room was nice. I enjoy the breakfast and I especially like that coffee is available throughout the day. Our rate was OK -$139 per night. I wish it had been cheaper, but it beat the Rancho las Palmas rate.
The Cheesecake Factory is within walking distance. There are other shopping centers nearby. There is also a Trader Joes a short drive away..

Stayed March 2008

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area

Address: 71730 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
#4 Business Hotel in Rancho Mirage
#5 Family Hotel in Rancho Mirage
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area CA

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.