You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Alhambra, California
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Decent place for the price. The person who checked us in was excellent and parking was easy.

Room was generic, but comfy with good beds. Even though we were overlooking the parking lot, the room seemed soundproofed so it was very quiet. Don't know if we had people next door so can't vouch for soundproofing of walls between rooms.

Hallway carpets seems a bit worn and room could use a "freshening up." We were told they are replacing carpets in the rooms, but haven't completed the task yet.

Breakfast typical for this kind of hotel. Attendant to breakfast very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Josh G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
We certainly appreciate your positive feedback about your most recent stay. We have finished putting the final touches on our brand new carpet. We look forward to your next stay with us in the near future. We again, would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Excellent location, easy access to restaurants and shops. the Hotel is clean, and the staff very friendly, good facilities and the free breakfast is adequate. We would definately return here when next in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lot-et-Garonne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our room was clean, spacious and well furnished; beds comfortable, bathroom fine, easy parking. The people were helpful and pleasant and the hotel offered good decor and everything that we wanted, without spending too much money. Breakfast was pretty basic but good enough. Would certainly return.
John G., please don't append one of your superfluous and slightly ridiculous acknowledgements - I write these reviews not for the benefit of owners or management, but for the guidance of other travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
West Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We booked a room for Mar 20 & 21 directly with Hol Inn Express reservations on line as we had a potential for cancellation (family illness) & the cancellation policy stated we could cancel up to 6:00 pm the day of check in with full refund. Unfortunately we did have a family situation & called to cancel at 2:21 pm Mar 20, almost 4 hrs prior to deadline, (have phone records to prove it). This hotel put through a full amount on our credit card anyway! The Sales Mgr said we did not call until 9:00 pm, which their Guest Relations says is wrong. They investigated & found us to be correct & said a full refund was due & the Mgr would contact us within 48 hrs. Well here we are 25 days, & several emails later & no response. GR say they even called the Mgr so it would happen soon. Still nothing. This is approx $500 Cdn so is not a drop in the bucket! I am totally shocked as I have stayed with HIE many, many times over the years & no problem but this is totally unacceptable. Even if he had been correct is saying we called too late (which he wasnt) why did he charge us for the 2nd night? I just want to warn potential customers of this hotel's behavior. Amounts to fraud.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear helpfultraveller99,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The room was your typical Holiday Inn Express room - clean and basic but quite large. What made my experience memorable was how friendly and accommodating the staff were. Everyone always had a pleasant smile on their face. I made a couple of requests that were pretty atypical of your average traveler, but the staff was always helpful and accommodating. James at the front desk was particularly professional and helpful. Also, the breakfast was surprisingly good!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Josh G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We are certainly glad that we met your expectation on your most recent stay here at our hotel. Our staff works diligently in providing a comfortable, clean, and pleasant environment to our traveling guest. We will continue to exceed our guest expectations in order to provide service to our guest that exceeds their demand. We again, would like to thank you for taking the time in writing your positive feedback about your stay.
Commerce Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel is in a good location and our stay started nicely; the exterior of the hotel is attractive and the front desk staff was pleasant and very helpful. It was downhill after that.
The first room we were given had a bad odor; we were then quickly given another room. This room was fine but very small. The hotel has a rather peculiar hallway; it is not flat and rises several feet from one end of the hotel to the other. There are handrails in the hall but it is still difficult for a handicap person to walk down or up these hills in the hall. This was a first for me, - not having a flat hallway outside the room.
Speaking of the hall, the carpets both in the hall and in the room were dirty and stained. Apparently they have not been cleaned in quite some time. They were really bad.
The worst part of the stay though, was the breakfast. The breakfast room is small and the tables are pushed right up together. There was hardly any room to pull out the chair and sit down. I would suggest eating only the cold and packaged cereal. Everything else is terrible. I think left over food is kept until it is eaten. My husband ate some ham and eggs and vomited an hour later. He had to spend the day in the hospital getting treated for food poisoning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Josh G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We are unfortunate to hear about your recent stay with us, mbuckley5384. We do apologize sincerely for any discomfort or inconvenience which may have happen during your stay. We will take affirmative action and implement new actions plans to prevent such inconveniences from happening. We do hope that after the revisions have taken place that you will return to stay with us. Again, we would like to thank you for your time and patience in providing us with your feedback.
Richmond, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

As a member of the IHG rewards program, I’ve always felt like a valued customer when staying at IGH properties. I don’t ask much, merely a quiet room, which is why I always request a high-level room (no footsteps heard above me), located away from any ice/vending machines and elevators, and a room with a single bed since it’s usually roomier than a room with two beds.
This wasn’t the case when I requested an early check-in (2 PM, one hour earlier than the normal 3PM check-in). When I was told that my room would be on the first floor, I asked about the possibility of a room on the top floor. I was told the majority of the rooms on the top floor have two beds, and that if I wanted a single bed, most of them were on the ground floor.
So I accepted the room on the ground floor, took the key cards and my bags to a room located directly across the housekeeping laundry room. Okay, maybe the hustle/bustle of the housekeeping staff wouldn’t be heard in the room. That wasn’t the case. In fact, at one point, I had to negotiate among various bins/carts that the staff parked along the hallway near the laundry room.

The room was actually very nice. However, I noticed what appeared to be brown streaks in the toilet as well as a contrasting ring around the water level. Most of the brown streaks disappeared when I flushed the toilet, but the dark ring remained. That makes me think that the toilet wasn’t scrubbed for the next guest in the room. This really doesn’t rattle me too much, but I’m bothered by the fact that there are notices in room guaranteeing guest satisfaction or they will rectify the issue. I didn’t actually believe this, but thought I should air my grievances with the management at that moment rather than writing a review of my grievances after the stay. I’ve read those reviews and the management usually responds by saying to the effect of “we received no complaints from this guest. Had we known of the issues we would have taken care of them promptly.”

After speaking to a front desk staffer, I think his name was Josh, I was moved to ground floor room in the same wing that was much more acceptable. He also gave me a price break on the room rate and some extra IHG rewards points. I honestly didn’t think that would happen, so I ended up being a satisfied customer. Did I feel like a valued customer? Not really. A valued customer would never be placed in such a room in the first place.

An observation: many of the Holiday Inns that I’ve stayed at have pillowcases labeled “firm” or “soft” which makes it easy for me to figure out the best ones to use without having to go through the Goldilocks routine (too hard, too soft, ahh, just right). Well in the new room that I ended up in, all the pillows were labeled “soft”, but they weren’t all “soft” as I went through the Goldilocks routine to find the one that was just right. This makes me question the overall competency of the housekeeping staff.

Another observation was that there was only one set of washer/dryers available for guests to use. That made it a challenge for me to get any laundry done. Many of the other properties I’ve stayed at with laundering amenities had at least two sets of washer/dryers.

As you read the many reviews of this hotel on this site, this property is definitely acceptable. I personally will not be returning, not because of the way I was treated, but rather because most of the rooms with a single bed are on the ground floor. The chances of me getting a single bed on the top floor are slim to none, so I’ll opt for another property the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Bay_Arean2,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see the staff was able to quickly address your concerns as well as compensate for the trouble you encountered. We were also pleased to see the high scores for Value and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area

Address: 71730 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
#4 Family Hotel in Rancho Mirage
#6 Romantic Hotel in Rancho Mirage
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area CA

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.