“Only meal out here that was pretty bad!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 93 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Only meal out here that was pretty bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment! We're in California and decided to have seafood. We made a big mistake going to this restaurant. Being very tired I didn't think of checking reviews on Trip Advisor. First, we had a bit of an irritation with the seating but accepted where they put us. I wasn't terribly impressed with the wine list. Then the server was totally disinterested in serving us. I ordered Ahi tuna, rice pilaf & veggies. Tuna was cold and pretty blah, rice pilaf was good as were veggies. Husband had grilled sea bass which was good, corn on the cob (good) and red potatoes which were undercooked. The server couldn't have cared less. Didn't come by for a long time and seemed annoyed that we had issues. I don't recommend this place at all. Too many good restaurants. Don't waste your time & money at this one.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boracay, Philippines
“Mojito”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We took our good friend for a birthday dinner at Crab Pot in Rancho Mirage. The place is nice.The food is good. I enjoyed my Pasta Putanesca,however, the salmon was little dry. My husband and I love Crab Pot MOJITO. It was perfect!

• Visited April 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
“Just can't get shrimp cooked right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times for lunch and have ordered the shrimp tacos every time. The first time, they were delicious. The last 3 occasions they were dry and overcooked. Once, when I had time, I sent them back to redo them and they came out OK, but not great. The management was gracious and gave me lunch on them, a nice and smart gesture, but that didn't make up for the poorly cooked shrimp. If you want a really good shrimp taco, go to Rubio's. They never overcook the shrimp!

• Visited April 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A pleasant last minute choiced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had planned on dinner at a different restaurant but decided the line of 30 to 40 waiting diners wasn't what we would go through this evening. As we drove back towards our hotel in Palm Springs we saw the Crab Pot and made a hasty turn into the parking lot and are we glad we stopped.

We opted for the special which was 9 shrimp prepared 3 different ways. These were huge shrimp. Each shrimp easily made for 3 or 4 bites. The fries, bread and cole slaw were equally enjoyed.

The service was good, food was good, drinks were good. I guess it was just a good last minute choice for dinner. We will go back when we return for our next trip to the Palm Springs area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Go for the crab leg experience...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My 8 year old daughter enjoyed smashing the crab legs with the mallet and getting the meat out. Decent outdoor patio with waterfall and mountain views. Service was good but not great. Expensive for the total experience though.

• Visited March 2013