“5 STAR HOTEL ON A BUDGET” 5 of 5 stars

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32250 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Los Angeles, CA
“5 STAR HOTEL ON A BUDGET”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

This is an amazing hotel. This was our first time staying here and we were so impressed. We arrived mid-week on an $89/night package deal and were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a room in the tower, with a balcony overlooking the pool! The staff is extremely courteous and well trained. The resort/pool area is straight out of Las Vegas. The room was an amazing combination of neutral colors, vivid art, granite, tile and glass. This hotel was a multi-billion dollar project done right. We were sad to leave and we used to live in the desert. My only complaint is that the walls are very thin. You can hear the neighbors talking, tv and everything else! But overall its the best value in CA and we will go back time and time again to get our desert fix.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

For my husbands Birthday, I booked a room at the Aqua Caliente Casino Resort and also purchased tickets to see a show. I made reservations one month in advance and was pleased with the 89 dollar a night rate I was given; however, when I arrived I was told that I didnt have a reservation! I spent 15 dollars in the Business room using a computer and tryed to find my confirmation to prove I had reservations. After that I went to see If my tickets for the show where at will call. The Tickets where there so I asked to see a Manager, who told me the hotel was booked for the night, but he could get me a room for 289 dollars (Plus 25 dollar resort fee and tax) He assured me that my credit card had not been charged and I had no reservation. When I called my credit card I was shocked to find that the tickets and room had both been charged over a month ago! Mean while I had to drive to the Westin Hotel and pay for a room( loved the westin) I think that they "lost " my reservations so that they could try to get an extra 200 dollars out of me. The hotel was booked for the night due to the concert, so they just "lost" my 89 dollar reservation so they could charge a premium rate!!! What a bunch of dishonest terrible people! I will never go to an event at the Agua Caliente Casino again!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

We are serious players and were looking for an alternative close to home. We are fully comped Diamond members at all Harrah's properties and regularly stay at the Paris in Las Vegas and Harrah's Rincon in San Diego County. We have stayed at Pala, Barona, and several others in California and Nevada.

We decided we would give Agua Caliente a try so we stayed 4 nights there last week. We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel and the service. We arrived about 3:30 in the afternoon and did the valet parking and then checked-in. Check-in was very easy and they gave us a pool view room on the 11th floor. The room is very spacious and comfortable. I don't care much for the wooden box around the bed but I can live with it. There was a mini refrigerator and safe. There is a large flat screen TV in the room and another small flat screen TV in the bathroom. One thing that very different from most casino hotels is the number of channels. The had everything including HBO, NFL, Golf, and just about every other channel. That is very rare as the casinos typically don't want you sitting in the room watching TV. I enjoyed it as we like to take several breaks when we are playing. We ate in the buffet and were very disappointed. It doesn't begin to compare with Harrah's' Rincon. The regular restaurant was very good so we were happy as the buffets are not a big deal with us. We used the pool and jacuzzi and were very happy with both. We are slot players and we were very happy with the casino. They have a good variety of machines and they are much looser than anything on the strip in Las Vegas. Our only complaint is the poor change service.. When we checked out, I asked to speak with a casino executive host to see what he/she could do for us. We had no problem getting an executive host and he comped our hotel stay 100% for the 4 nights. He told us to just deal directly with him for future stays and he would get us into a suite fully comped including the steakhouse. This is comparable to what we receive from Harrah's. All in all, we had a great experience and found it very relaxing. The service was excellent from valet to bellman to hotel staff etc. We will definitely be back many times as it will replace our Las Vegas visits as well as some of our Harrah's Rincon stays. I wouldn't recommend it for children as I wouldn't recomend any casino/hotel for children.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

From the check-in process and throughout our stay, we were treated very well and had a great time. The room is actually better than the rooms in many, name Las Vegas hotels including Bellagio, MGM Grand and New York New York. And none of that Vegas attitude here. We never waited in a line. The casino is a manageable size. I would highly recommend the dinner buffet. What at value at $89 per nite.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Riverside, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

We tried Agua Caliente as a closer alternative to Las Vegas. We had a mailer for two free nights because we had previously signed up for their Rewards Club card. Those two nights were truly free; our charge was $0, which surprised us because we expected to pay the resort fee and taxes. Check-in was fast and easy. We had a large, modern, and very clean room with comfortable furniture, a large flat-screen TV, an empty mini-fridge, and a safe. There was lots of storage space. We ignored the overpriced snacks and bottled water displayed on the counter. At night we did have to turn on every lamp in the room to get enough light for reading. The bathroom had wonderful double sinks, a large and deep bathtub, an excellent large shower (though there was a bit of mold on the tiles), and a separate toilet room. The only problem was insufficient lighting in the bathroom for putting on makeup. (The light in the makeup mirror did not work.) The bed was absolutely wonderful, and we slept soundly. The room had excellent temperature control, which is critical in the desert. We were very happy with the room, but not as happy with the casino. There was no breakfast buffet on weekdays, so we had to drive to the $6 buffet at the Spa Resort Casino both mornings. We did have lunch ($12) at the Agua Caliente buffet one day, but we were not impressed. We will definitely return to stay in the rooms, however.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have stayed at Pechanga, Pala, Harrah's Rincon, Morongo, Fantasy Springs and Spa Resort and none compare! Morongo comes close with a great pool, but the casino is so miserable, and the rooms are depressing it was very refreshing to check into Agua and find a Vegas level casino resort in California! The casino is big and friendly. Lots of table games, great steakhouse, and good buffet. The rooms are awesome. I had a comp on a Monday night and decided to use it. Checked in to a room with a balcony. WOW! What a nice place, big flat screen, very comfy beds, nice sitting area, large room, not cramped at all, balcony was awesome overlooking the pool area. I could not find one thing to complain about other than I could only stay one night. I will be back, and pay if I have to!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Thought it would be fun to have a spa day/casino night at the hotel. Booked well in advance and requested an early check it. Person on the phone was fine but once we arrived at the hotel the front desk staff were so rude-- in particular one woman (sadly didn't get her name). Yes we did arrive very early (11am) due to our spa appointments and I did not expect to check in then but was hoping to go up to the room after the spa...around 2ish! She said the room wasn't ready, I said fine, but could you tell us when it might be? "No, can't do that. you have to keep checking back" I explained the situation and her response was "do you want me to hold the room or not"! Lovely!! After the our spa treatments (might sugget that the spa not allow laptops in the relaxtion lounges!) I went to the front desk to be told by the same clerk that No the room was not ready and to check again later" which I did and was told the same thing. I did ask if there was another room available and was told flatly "NO". Finally at 3:45pm I went back to the front desk to be told by another clerk that the room wasn't ready and she found it very strange that the we had been kept waiting so long! She found us another room and we go to our room at 4pm! Regular check in time! The room was ok...the bathroom was great! Spa was overpriced, casino was lacking in games and very smokey!
The winds were so strong that we weren't able to use the pool or any of the outdoor facilities! But were still charged the resort fee! Loud music coming from the pool area at 3am! We did have dinner at the steakhouse and that was ok.
Needless to say that check out time couldn't come fast enough......
There are other great spas in the area....as well as other casinos! Don't waste your money!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!