“The best resort in the Palm Springs Region!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Fall/Winter 20% Off
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Las Vegas, NV
“The best resort in the Palm Springs Region!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

My wife and I had a stop over in Palm Springs on another one of our visits to her family. I had my eyes on the Agua Caliente my last trip in this direction, this time we planned ahead and I was able to get a $79 with a free upgrade to a room with a balcony (well worth the extra charge to pay for). The room was a 20 out of a 10! The room was equipped with a very large flat screen TV(I think 42 inch LG),large California king, great seating area with couch, perfect working station(very comfy desk chair), and the room was VERY spacious. The bathroom amazing as well! Great small TV that was moveable to get the right angle while you were in the shower or tub-not to mention a separate toilet closet with ample supply of towels. The check in staff was very friendly but didn’t seem to know what they were doing (I asked to have 2 credit cards put on my room one for incidentals and one for room & tax, and the girl checked with her manager on how to do it and she came back and put both charges on one after telling me it was taken care of- I know this is a easy procedure, I use the same system @ my hotel). The casino was under construction, but seemed to be buzzing for a holiday weekday-They had many new games on the floor. We only ate at the poker deli, which was pretty good for a quick eat facility. The pool area was really nice (it doesn’t compare to Morongo but better then Fantasy Springs). I would definitely return, and I think I found my new favorite resort in the Palm Springs region!

• Liked — The room!
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Akron,OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

I stayed there with a group of friends and we travel one weekend a month, and I must say this is my favorite hotel that I have stayed in. All the staff and people were really responsive to any needs we had. Extremely courteous to us. I can't think of anything that was negative. Towels were even nice and fluffy.....

• Liked — Accomodations, Casino, Food
  • Disliked — Views from certain windows...
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

We had the Vegas fever...but just couldn't make the drive for only a two night stay. So this ended up being a great alt. The room was lovely the Steakhouse restaurant was definately pricey, with excellent service and food. We enjoyed a spa treatment and even went to the pool. After a holiday weekend is was nice and quiet on the resort and that is what we wanted. The casino was very smokey the first night (the hotel was at 100% occ.) but after everyone checked out , it was noticeably better (the smoke). We really just sort of enjoyed our room with a pool view, which I recommend otherwise you will be looking at the roof (ugly) and if you like to gamble the casino will keep you entertained, we even won at little. It is a great one or two night trip. They are really good at having something for everyone. If you like a little modern elegance this is it! One night they had a theatre set up outside by the pool. You could swim around and watch a movie (very cute touch). The Waters Cafe has a great martini Happy hour on Tuesday night which was great. All and all unlike some of the other comments our experience was great can't complain!

• Liked — proximity to home and
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
long beach california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

Living in So. Calif. about 2 hrs. away I had been there just for gambling about 1/2 dozen times in the past couple years.

I received a mailer offering 2 free nights plus a little gambling & food money. I am not a huge gambler but with economy as it is & the very high temperatures in the summer it was a nice offer.

The rooms are absolutely gorgeous. Attention to detail was very impressive. I asked if they had any rooms with balconies as I smoke & my BF doesn't so we always get a non-smoking room. I was told ok to smoke on the balcony. It worked out great.

I'm sure you have read details of the rooms but I'll add a few more things that impressed us.

1. Very high quality toiletries. Shampoo, conditioners, body lotion & a shower cap in a decorative box.

2. Plushy towels

3. High end coffee dual coffee maker with ceramic coffee cups. Coffee & tea & sugar cream, etc. were in attractive cylinders.

4. The deep tub for 2 & rain shower head & flat screen tv that faced both.

5. No honor bar-Yeah!!! Instead thet have a menu with what drinks & snacks are available & they will deliver to your room with an 18% gratuity added. I loved this as I didn't have to worry about touching something in the frig & being charged.

6. They did have a platter on the countertop with lovely snacks with the price list..

7. Balcony has table & 2 chairs & completely tiled.

But was most impressive was the employees. All genuinely friendly & helpful.

We are going back next Mon.-Thurs. Monday nights they have large screen projection screen at the pool showing movie with specials on snacks & drinks. We booked a cabana for Tues. $95 for 8am-10pm. By the description on their website it sounds awesome. Wednesday massages. Special $89 for 50 min. (normally $140) plus use of all the spa facilities.

I plan on doing another TR when we get back to let you know if we just lucked out the 1st time or if they really do care about their customers

• Liked — The great customer service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

Myself and 10 friends went to Agua Caliente in July of 2008 for a weekend of fun. We were shocked at how nice the hotel was. We had looked at the JW Marriott because it was supposed to be nicer, but AC was much better. (We went to the Marriott on Saturday night and checked it out. Not what I had expected for the price.) Agua had a huge pool with cabanas, a great casino, great restaurants and the rooms were fantastic. For what we paid, the rooms really were above and beyond expectations. They have huge flat screen tv's in the main and bathroom, a huge all glass shower, a great bathtub and a view to die for. The one drawback for us was golf. They don't have a course so we decided to play at the Westin Mission Hills Pete Dye course. That was a great choice too!

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Studio City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

I called the hotel and made a reservation directly for 2 nights in a room with a King-sized bed. I asked for the Grand Opening special for $89.00 per night and got it. Upon arrival, the front desk told us they were 80% occupied. I requested a pool view and she said "no problem." When she told me the room was on the 3rd floor, I asked her if had a view of the pool or the roof. She emphatically said it was a pool view. When we got to the room, it looked directly onto the roof (no pool in sight). To make matters worse, it was a "handicapped" room and the bathroom had this big, open shower with a drain in the floor (no enclosure) and a built -in seat. No tub was in the bathroom. We called the front desk manager and asked for a room change and were rudely told that they were "sold out" (after being told at the front desk that they were 80% full) and the only thing we could have was a room with 2 queen beds. I asked if we could be moved the next day and was told "no." It went downhill from there and we finally decided to leave about a half hour later. I went to the front desk to ensure that we weren't being charged. I was told by the clerk that we would not be charged, but they wouldn't give me anything in writing! I have never been treated this badly anywhere I have ever stayed. They also said they just because I booked a room wilth a king-sized bed didn't mean they have to give me one!

Stayed July 2008
Hemet, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

After receiving a promotional card in the mail, my husband I decided to take advantage of the "Special" $89 room, $25 gas card and buy one get one free buffet. I phoned in the reservation and everything seemed fine. We checked in the same day and it was explained to us that we were to charge the buffets to our room and they would deduct the free one from the bill. We received the gas card and we were taken to our room. Our first impression of the room was an office with a bed! Granted, the TV was wonderful, but, how much time is spent in a room when visiting a casino? To us it seemed as though the room was designed for those in business....there was no table and chairs to sit at....so much wasted space in front of the windows, when we looked out our window, we saw an awning that possibly blocked our view of the pool area. The slot was floor was great, there has been many new slots added, which was fun. We had our buffets, which, was very disappointing after being to the "sister" casino, the Spa in Palm Springs, this one can not even compare! After getting our bill under our door and going over it, we were overwhelmed that there were other charges added that had never been revealed to us while making the reservation or at check in.....we had an occupancy tax and a resort tax....and were also taxed for the "free" buffet! If we had known about all of these extra charges we would have decided to stay elsewhere for our day away.......it was just so sad to feel that these things had not been disclosed to us as we are on a fixed income and wanted to just have a fun day away!

• Liked — The TV
  • Disliked — The pictures in the room looked like they were fire, very devil like......and, the bath tub is not one for use for an older person or one with a disability.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!