“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was like an oasis in the middle of the desert - beautiful walkways and pool areas and of course the excitement of a casino. I did find iut pretty smoky in the common areas however our room was smoke and smell free - would not have known there was a casino.

The room was well appointed and clean and fairly quiet - had a great nights sleep.

Would recommend

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I will not be staying here again because although our room was clean and fresh smelling and we enjoyed the pool area, ghe rest of ghe hotel has a strong smelling deodorant smell that is supposed to cover a smoky smell?!? It reeks and kept us out of the casino and common areas indoors. Otherwise it would be a fun place. Actually burns the smell into your nose and hard to get rid of it.

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are spacious. Bathroom beautifully designed to be romantic as well as functional. The steakhouse downstairs is so yummy. Everything you need is there to fully enjoy your stay . Shopping malls up the street. Movie theaters down the road. If you want to catch a show it's got plenty of talented people that have stopped through I suggest you do too you won't regret it!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My fiancé and I stay at the Agua Caliente every year in April when we attend the Coachella festival. While we love the festival, we prefer hotel accommodations to camping on-site, and the Agua Caliente has been a perfect retreat for pre- and post-festival relaxation.

The front desk staff has always been very warm and welcoming. We've always been greeted with smiles and they work with Valley Music Travel to keep everything organized for guests who are attending Coachella. They provide us with everything we need at check-in, including our festival and shuttle passes.

The rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable. Large king bed, small sitting area and plenty of room to move about. The bathrooms are huge and contain an oversized sunken bathtub, separate shower, and flat screen TV. On a typical vacation I'd never utilize an in-room tub, but after miles of walking each day at the festival, I loved being able to soothe my tired muscles with a long relaxing soak. I think I took a bath almost every night the last time we stayed.

The actual casino is nice. We don't really come to gamble, and I am far from a connoisseur of casinos, so I can't say much about the quality of the dealers, games or odds. I do know that everything is clean and the bar service is attentive - certainly enough to keep me happy while I tinker away at video blackjack.

The pool area is pretty standard, but clean and has some nice lush landscaping. Lovely to have the mountains in the background while you're relaxing. There are always plenty of recliner chairs and umbrellas...it has never been particularly crowded during our stays. The pool bar makes tasty cocktails and frozen drinks.

My experience with the food there is limited to breakfast and snacks at the Waters restaurant...we eat most of our meals at the festival or in Palm Springs proper during our stay. Breakfast is good; of course a little pricey, but that's to be expected at a hotel restaurant.

I see a lot of reviews complaining of smoke. I'm a non-smoker so I understand the frustration. But hey...it's a casino. I'd assume that most guests would realize that there will probably be smoke before booking. So yes, if that's a huge issue for you, this might not be your place.

All in all we've been very happy with our experiences here and we will be returning in April 2014.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Wonderful experience, great rooms - clean property and wonderful winter sunshine (90 degrees in March)! Pool and drinks were fabulous, views are breathtaking from your room.

Highly recommend staying here, centrally located by Palm Desert and Palm Springs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

How do they go wrong? They don't. Took my mom out to see the Moscow Ballet. Fun, exciting, great people. From the front desk who remembered me, to the staff at the cafe, to John at Java. He always has a smile on his face, remembers me and what I order he has started my drink before I et to the register. Awesome customer service. Wish we had that on the casino floor, a short handed on the cocktail hostesses. Took over an hour to get us drinks and water. If you are sitting at a machine you don't want to get up and go to the bar. Thanks for another great visit, see you for New Years celebration at the Spa. Happy Holidays

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

well the staff is great always accommodating if they are short on rooms or don't have my reservation thru bookit. com yet, they just upgrade u to
a nicer room free the rooms tho are amazing I was so excited when I walked In and saw how posh they were! the dealers are also fantastic!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!