“Better than expected!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Long Beach, California
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had a wonderful time with my wife here and were amazed at our large modern room with a TV in the bathroom. I took pictures because words can't say enough. I only ate at the café but it was tastefully decorated and the food was hot an the service was great. Everybody was polite and helpful because I came expecting the worse because of other Indian casinos service record. The closet in the room had a light that came on when you opened it and the refrigerator was not filled with a bunch of high priced junk. You can bring your own beverages too. My only complaint was in the no smoking section they had many of the machines shut down! I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Temple City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spent a wonderful solo birthday weekend here. The rooms are very spacious and beautifully appointed. The king-sized bed was plush and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and gigantic. You must take a soak in the huge bathtub as you sip wine and watch the television mounted on the wall, I did. Room service was fabulous, and the staff was nice. The restaurant downstairs was also very good. I had a massage at the spa which was awesome. You can use the other amenities (jacuzzi, stream room, relaxation lounge) both before and after your massage. Overall, an excellent hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in April 2013 for the second weekend of Coachella .

This hotel was amazing and of course set in the beautiful Rancho Mirage.

Everything to me was large - hotel, rooms, bathroom, pool and amenities.

One of the most memorable parts of the stay were the staff - genuinely friendly, pleasant and provided great service.

If I ever return to the area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Agua Caliente is a very nice place to stay. The rooms are quite large and nicely appointed. Huge, beautiful bathrooms! All of the staff members throughout the resort were friendly and helpful. My husband played golf nearby and loved the convenience of it. We had a great mini-vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My college friends (from 20 years ago) and I stay here every summer. In the past we've enjoyed a relaxing pool area (except for the smokers), a great spa, and the large, comfortable guest rooms. This year we noticed the HUGE amount of families and tons of children going wild at the pool. I'm not sure why families feel a casino resort is an appropriate vacation spot. After dodging kids at the pool for two days, we decided to try out a cabana. This was a disappointment. We did get a few free waters with the cabana rental, but that was it! Cabanas at waterparks come with more amenities for the same price! We couldn't believe it. Our spa day was delightful as usual. We were lucky to have the entire facilitiy to ourselves! My esthetician, Ellie, must have been in a hurry to go home. My friend and I were scheduled for the same procedure. Hers began 10 minutes before mine and ended 10 minutes after. Ellie certainly short-changed me 10-15 minutes, chose not to do the hand and arm massage, and slapped on and wiped off products at such a rapid rate, they had no time to even be massaged into my skin. Next July my friends and I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Was here for a conference on a Sunday - Wednesday. From finding my way to the self parking to finding check-in, to getting to my room. It could not have been any easier!

Plenty of self parking in the garage that was clean and felt safe. Take the elevator and you arrive in an AC'd hallway that takes you to the casino and hotel lobby. Just read the signs. Judy checked me in and was a happy to have me and tried to get me into a king room, but then offered to give me one the next day. I declined and said the 2 queen I reserved was OK. She was quick to offer the WIFI access code and gave me directions to the elevators.

The rooms are big and clean. I was in room 831 - I had a view of the parking lot. No Big deal. I had a 2 queen standard room and it was awesome! There was a large counter that went from the closet to the wall. There was a 42" LED TV, clean small fridge, chair, table and ottoman, an office area complete with office chair and enough outlets to charge a phone and hard line internet connection from the beds of the office area. There are even benches at the foot of each bed to sit and put your shoes on. Pictures do not do it justice.

Bathroom was well appointed with large double sink. Good soap, small LED TV with remote, plenty of towels. There is a large shower with a large tub (no jets). The toilet is in its own room, so good privacy while sharing. I am a big guy and I said what the heck and jumped in that tub for a hot soak and watched some NFL network one night with a cold one. Not usually a big fan of tubs, but it was comfy!

Casino is nice and large. Plenty of video and slots with a good amount of table games. There was a $15 min on all the games, which kinda hurt my cheap feelings. I played the weird craps with cards. It was fun with a good group and I was did well for the time I wanted to play. Drink service was a bit slow, but I made breaks to the lounge bar. During happy hour, all drafts are $4! That includes Blue moon and Stella! That is deal right there!

Had breakfast in the waters cafe one morning. The interior is bright, but modern like a night club. Seemed kinda sterile for a comfy meanl like bfast. But service was good, not personable-but got me all I needed to have a great meal. Price was what I expected. $15 + tip.

Had Happy hour at the adjoining bar one day and it was half off apps. The plates were small, but with the drink specials and sharing plates, the tab was $70 with tip for 3 rounds of drinks and 8 plates for 5 people. That is a good deal!

Overall experience was really good and I will def be back to take advantage of the pool and spa.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a better view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I took my husband there on July 19 for 2 nights for his birthday. I drove up, he had no cluue where we were going. Mind you, we play at the casino, just never stayed the night. WOW... Great rooms, clean, the beds are too die for so comfortable, spacious and beautiful view. The front desk staff are wonderful. I work in the hospitality industry, they know what they are doing there. The food was wonderful and the relaxing pool was just what we needed. My husband plays poker, he did real well, I on the other hand play slots, the machines are a little tight, not that good of a payout on those. You might want to stick with the cards.. Watch out for friday nights, they have pool parties, not the best of clientel visisting.. Overall, wonderful weekend getaway... Can't wait to go back:)

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!