“Birthday indulgence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Palm Desert, California
“Birthday indulgence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My hubby treated me to an 80 minute hot stone massage for my birthday. Yes, he is a great man! It was a wonderful treat. I could have floated home. Helped me feel a little better after having lost at the slots! Go early and allow time just to enjoy all the amenities -- sauna, tub and steam room. The attendants are just wonderful loving servants. It was such a great escape. Worth the $.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here eight times since they opened and loved every time. The facilities are very well maintained but the staff is the real stand out. Any concerns are addressed immediately with a smile. They love feedback and do everything to make your stay enjoyable. Plus, the prices are wonderful when you join their players club. An excellent stay for sure!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Templeton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Ok so where should I start? When I got to the hotel I pulled into valet and got no greeting for at least three to four minutes and then when the man saw us standing unloading our own suv he literally ran up to it and started taking stuff that wasn't supposed to get taken out so fast it was weird. When I told him that my jumper cable/emergency kit stayed in my suv he looked at me like I was an idiot. Was he really gonna take it to my room with my luggage? So that was strange. Then I had to wait in a check in line for over an hour because they only had two people working. Finally we got up to our room which was our only saving grace. The room was the best part of the whole trip!! Bath tub was great!!The next morning I was woke up by a horrible crashing/vibrating noise in which I thought was a major earthquake. It was jack hammering. I was on the eighth floor and could hear this like I was one floor away. I was never told about the remodel. A simple email prior to the trip would have been nice or maybe at check in they could have mentioned it. Nope nothing. So when we headed down to the pool which was nice, we stepped out of the elevator and there was the jack hammer. Iam not kidding you it was so loud it was ringing my ear drums and echoing though out the whole casino. Even the construction guys had ear plugs in. The best part was the actual cal-trans road blockers that they used to try and steer people around the huge remodel. The smell of them cutting tile and all the thinset was outragious. I was never offered a pair of ear plugs even after I asked. It was that bad. I typically don't complain it doesn't tke much to make this girl happy but really this was horrible. And to top it off it was my one vacation this year and thought it would have been enjoyable. I will never be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark A, Manager at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Agua Caliente; whether it is spectacular or less than perfect, we always welcome guest feedback. First off, please allow us to apologize for the circumstances in valet and extended waiting time to check in; I can assure you that this is not typical for our resort. We strive to make every guest experience seamless and efficient; as it sounds, during the arrival process, we could have done better. In regard to the construction, we can definitely understand that staying at a property which is undergoing aesthetic and functional modifications takes away from the ambiance and tranquility of a resort. Being that we are approaching the end of these modifications, our guests may be happy to know that any significant noise is now over. The beauty, décor, and functionality of the property are now all much improved and ready for all future stays. We do welcome you back to see the property and I can honestly say that we believe your next experience would be one that will leave a great, lasting impression.
rochester, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Despite the remodel construction on the first floor where the casino is located, I had a great time.
I had gone to Rancho Mirage to surprise a friend for his birthday. Because my first visit to the casino the previous month was a little lucky, they hotel sent me coupons for two free nights! My room was facing the pool, and the view of the hills and desert in the distance was amazing! The bathtub was enormous, and there was a t.v. in the bathroom. I would've been happy to stay in the bath the whole time! The shower could fit four people in it as well. It was big! Room service was prompt and not overly expensive. The only qualm; there was no coffee pot or micro in the room. I
didn't mind, because everything else was fantastic. You can order coffee for the room, but there is a coffee stand right by the first floor elevators which had delicious brews for a great price! I ate at the buffet with my friends; It was good, but I prefer the deli, really. Their sandwiches and tacos were the bomb! The second day, the construction was a little annoying in the casino as they were using a jackhammer of sorts to remove floor tiles. I'm sure the remodel is done by now as this was two weeks ago. Overall, I really enjoyed it. The room was huge, big t.v., comfy beds, and again, the view...wow! I did not use the spa, and only went to the pool to look around. Many lounge chairs, small bungalow bars, private bungalows for snuggling(?) big pool, very nice! Oh, they are pet friendly, and I noticed a nice area for the dogs.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the pool and the hills. I stayed in a regular room and it was nice! I can imagine...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very nice casino hotel. Large rooms nicely furnished.
Will stay there anytime I'm in town. Great steak house, good night life, wonderful pool and spa area. Good place to live the Las Vegas life without the crowd.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel and loved the rooms amazing large tub and comfortable beds! The Friday night pool party was nice to have so close! If I could leave it at that the hotel would have been amazing!!

The cons: guest services left something to be desired, construction in progress including jack hammers, and restaurants closed. So when we arrived we discovered the hotel is making renovations and tearing up a majority of the floors! We are on the ninth floor and could hear the construction all the way from there! Literally u walk by and clutch your ears from the noise! It echoes all throughout the casino giving a headache while gambling. We talked to management and all they pretty much said was deal with it and we stop at five. No offer for moving to a higher up room or anything else. My friends and i work the night shift and taking our nap in the afternoon is our routine before going out!

My recommendation is call the hotel and ask if they are still doing construction and don't expect any helpl from the staff! Housekeeping was nice and did a great job cleaning!

• Stayed July 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

First visit and we will be back. We stayed 2 nights. When we walked into the casino the first thing we noticed was how fresh the air was, not smokey like other casinos. The young lady at registration was very friendly and when she realized it was our first visit she made sure to pull out a hotel map to show us how to get to the elevator and locations of the restaurants. We where also given a $10 coupon for each of us to use for gambling. The layout of the hotel was easy to finds things even without the map. We had room 1115 which was a Deluxe Pure non-smoking room (which ment there was an air purifier in the room .... it is an extra $20 a night to have it) with a balcony. Didn't need the purifier since the ventilation was excellent in this hotel, now we know, wont need next time. Room was very roomy, king size bed with end tables on each side, couch with coffee table, desk with chair, lots of counter & drawer space, fridge, safe, closet with iron & ironing board. Bathroom had double sinks, sunken tub with separate glass inclosed shower, tv, nice thick towels, & toilet in a separate room. Bottled waters and snacks (nuts & candies) are also in the room but of course there is a charge for them, but the internet was free (Yippee!). Our balcony faced towards town & the desert/mountains and over looked the parking garage, but in the evening it was neat to look at the stars. Bed was kind of soft (you sink into it), we each had a really soft pillow and a really firm pillow. The second night they actually came and turn down the bed and left a couple of chocolates on the bedside table.

We had dinner the first night at the Grand Palms Buffet and they had a nice variety of food, it costed us $46 (Saturday evening) for the two of us. Our server kept on top of things, seeing if we needed refills on our drinks and picking up the dirty dishes. Only bad thing was some of the chairs had stains on them. Next morning we ate at the Waters Cafe, the decor was nice and the way it was laid out it felt very open, if you like you can eat outside on the terrace facing the pool area ( though you only get a little glimpse of it due to the wonderful landscaping). The service was excellent, my husband had their Ranchero Omelette which comes with hashbrowns and your choice of toast for $9.25 and it was a lot of food, omelette was big. I had the French Toast that was dipped in Orange-Cinnamon Batter, yummy for $7.75 and I add some sausage links with it so that was an extra $4.75 (oh well). That evening we ate in the Waters Cafe again and my husband had the Open Face Hot Turkey Sandwich for $9.25, only bad thing about it was my husband thought since it was a sandwich (even though its open) it would have 2 slices of bread not just the 1 but he said it was very good anyway. I had their Chicken in Thai Peanut Sauce served on a Bed of Udon Noodles for $11. 50, to me it was just ok, I've had better but it wasn't bad. They have a few other places you can get food at but we didn't try them out, next time.

We never used their pool but we took a walk around it, it was a large pool and there is also a bar next to it and the landscaping was great, cute bunnies running around and we also saw a couple of roadrunners. They had some cabanas you can rent that had tvs and fridges in them but I have no idea what they where charging for those. There is also a Spa and fitness center, but we didn't use that either.

What can I say about the gambling some win some loose, I won a little I saw a couple of people sitting near us win big (slot machines). I would definitely recommend this place, though the rooms are a little expensive (though we did go on Father's Day weekend) but for a couple of nights we didn't mind since we figured we would have spend the money on gas anyway if we had gone to Laughlin or Las Vegas and it was close to home for us so it made a nice weekend get away. Oh and on a last note they even change the floor mats in the elevators to say Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Good Evening, I thought that was pretty cool.

Close to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway & Palm Springs Air Museum if you want a little break from gambling.

Room Tip: They do have balcony rooms that face the pool area if you rather have that then the direction we whe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!