“A beautiful place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Summer Specials 20% off!
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Rancho Mirage
rochester, wa
“A beautiful place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Despite the remodel construction on the first floor where the casino is located, I had a great time.
I had gone to Rancho Mirage to surprise a friend for his birthday. Because my first visit to the casino the previous month was a little lucky, they hotel sent me coupons for two free nights! My room was facing the pool, and the view of the hills and desert in the distance was amazing! The bathtub was enormous, and there was a t.v. in the bathroom. I would've been happy to stay in the bath the whole time! The shower could fit four people in it as well. It was big! Room service was prompt and not overly expensive. The only qualm; there was no coffee pot or micro in the room. I
didn't mind, because everything else was fantastic. You can order coffee for the room, but there is a coffee stand right by the first floor elevators which had delicious brews for a great price! I ate at the buffet with my friends; It was good, but I prefer the deli, really. Their sandwiches and tacos were the bomb! The second day, the construction was a little annoying in the casino as they were using a jackhammer of sorts to remove floor tiles. I'm sure the remodel is done by now as this was two weeks ago. Overall, I really enjoyed it. The room was huge, big t.v., comfy beds, and again, the view...wow! I did not use the spa, and only went to the pool to look around. Many lounge chairs, small bungalow bars, private bungalows for snuggling(?) big pool, very nice! Oh, they are pet friendly, and I noticed a nice area for the dogs.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the pool and the hills. I stayed in a regular room and it was nice! I can imagine...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very nice casino hotel. Large rooms nicely furnished.
Will stay there anytime I'm in town. Great steak house, good night life, wonderful pool and spa area. Good place to live the Las Vegas life without the crowd.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel and loved the rooms amazing large tub and comfortable beds! The Friday night pool party was nice to have so close! If I could leave it at that the hotel would have been amazing!!

The cons: guest services left something to be desired, construction in progress including jack hammers, and restaurants closed. So when we arrived we discovered the hotel is making renovations and tearing up a majority of the floors! We are on the ninth floor and could hear the construction all the way from there! Literally u walk by and clutch your ears from the noise! It echoes all throughout the casino giving a headache while gambling. We talked to management and all they pretty much said was deal with it and we stop at five. No offer for moving to a higher up room or anything else. My friends and i work the night shift and taking our nap in the afternoon is our routine before going out!

My recommendation is call the hotel and ask if they are still doing construction and don't expect any helpl from the staff! Housekeeping was nice and did a great job cleaning!

• Stayed July 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

First visit and we will be back. We stayed 2 nights. When we walked into the casino the first thing we noticed was how fresh the air was, not smokey like other casinos. The young lady at registration was very friendly and when she realized it was our first visit she made sure to pull out a hotel map to show us how to get to the elevator and locations of the restaurants. We where also given a $10 coupon for each of us to use for gambling. The layout of the hotel was easy to finds things even without the map. We had room 1115 which was a Deluxe Pure non-smoking room (which ment there was an air purifier in the room .... it is an extra $20 a night to have it) with a balcony. Didn't need the purifier since the ventilation was excellent in this hotel, now we know, wont need next time. Room was very roomy, king size bed with end tables on each side, couch with coffee table, desk with chair, lots of counter & drawer space, fridge, safe, closet with iron & ironing board. Bathroom had double sinks, sunken tub with separate glass inclosed shower, tv, nice thick towels, & toilet in a separate room. Bottled waters and snacks (nuts & candies) are also in the room but of course there is a charge for them, but the internet was free (Yippee!). Our balcony faced towards town & the desert/mountains and over looked the parking garage, but in the evening it was neat to look at the stars. Bed was kind of soft (you sink into it), we each had a really soft pillow and a really firm pillow. The second night they actually came and turn down the bed and left a couple of chocolates on the bedside table.

We had dinner the first night at the Grand Palms Buffet and they had a nice variety of food, it costed us $46 (Saturday evening) for the two of us. Our server kept on top of things, seeing if we needed refills on our drinks and picking up the dirty dishes. Only bad thing was some of the chairs had stains on them. Next morning we ate at the Waters Cafe, the decor was nice and the way it was laid out it felt very open, if you like you can eat outside on the terrace facing the pool area ( though you only get a little glimpse of it due to the wonderful landscaping). The service was excellent, my husband had their Ranchero Omelette which comes with hashbrowns and your choice of toast for $9.25 and it was a lot of food, omelette was big. I had the French Toast that was dipped in Orange-Cinnamon Batter, yummy for $7.75 and I add some sausage links with it so that was an extra $4.75 (oh well). That evening we ate in the Waters Cafe again and my husband had the Open Face Hot Turkey Sandwich for $9.25, only bad thing about it was my husband thought since it was a sandwich (even though its open) it would have 2 slices of bread not just the 1 but he said it was very good anyway. I had their Chicken in Thai Peanut Sauce served on a Bed of Udon Noodles for $11. 50, to me it was just ok, I've had better but it wasn't bad. They have a few other places you can get food at but we didn't try them out, next time.

We never used their pool but we took a walk around it, it was a large pool and there is also a bar next to it and the landscaping was great, cute bunnies running around and we also saw a couple of roadrunners. They had some cabanas you can rent that had tvs and fridges in them but I have no idea what they where charging for those. There is also a Spa and fitness center, but we didn't use that either.

What can I say about the gambling some win some loose, I won a little I saw a couple of people sitting near us win big (slot machines). I would definitely recommend this place, though the rooms are a little expensive (though we did go on Father's Day weekend) but for a couple of nights we didn't mind since we figured we would have spend the money on gas anyway if we had gone to Laughlin or Las Vegas and it was close to home for us so it made a nice weekend get away. Oh and on a last note they even change the floor mats in the elevators to say Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Good Evening, I thought that was pretty cool.

Close to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway & Palm Springs Air Museum if you want a little break from gambling.

Room Tip: They do have balcony rooms that face the pool area if you rather have that then the direction we whe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We got an awesome deal on BOOKIT.com/ paid $69 for a Saturday stay, which included a $25 gambling credit. The rooms were surprisingly clean, well ventilated (not-smokey at all), and modern. Housekeeping maintained the room, and they even had turn-down service. The clientele of this hotel is a mixture of really old people and heavily tattooed young people. Maybe we just went on a weird weekend, but I just couldn't stop analyzing all the "interesting" people. The pool is a standard pool, nothing special. They do have cabanas( for a fee), but the pool wasn't anything special, so we didn't stay for a long period of time. Lots of families, kids in water pampers, and like I said earlier heavily tattooed young people- I'm talking face and neck tattoo's with gun images and/or naked chicks. I'm no prude, but geez louise... The gaming area was nice, and not to smoke filled. The spa services are expensive, like $190 for a 60 min massage, which is typical for a resort hotel spa. We did have a bite to eat in the cafe, they served burgers, salads, and sandwiches. Food was horrible, cold, and the service was TERRIBLE. The server seemed annoyed to be taking our order, and even more annoyed to refill drinks. I would pass on eating there again. We had the lunch buffet, it was good. They had two carving stations, and a lot of different foods to eat. I would probably come here again, but only if I was going ,for the expressed reason to gamble.

Room Tip: All rooms seem the same...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

beautiful hotel. very, very clean like brand new clean! food in the cafe was good. lost at the casino. gorgeous pool. do not recommend kids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
winterwonderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This was our second stay at Agua Caliente Resort and Spa. A quick getaway, we stayed for 2 nights on 5/27 and 5/28. During our previous stay as well as our lastest stay, our room was amazing! The rooms are extremely comfortable and well furnished. I love the modern decor. Due to the fact that it was a holiday weekend, we did have difficulty finding a spot at the pool on our first day there. This was not an issue on day two. As some have commented, the staff is not very friendly(staff much nicer at the Spa Resort) but that will not deter us from returning. The comfort of the rooms out- weigh the rudeness of the reception staff. Looking forward to our return to Agua Caliente. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get out to the pool early to claim your spot.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!