“Concert venue great, dining not so much” 3 of 5 stars

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32250 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Los Angeles, California
“Concert venue great, dining not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband and I went to a concert here last weekend but stayed at another resort. We had dinner and drinks in the Waters Cafe, their casual dining option. We were able to get a table rather quickly considering it was a Friday night with a concert. The service was terrible though! It took us over an hour to have one round of drinks and share a pizza. We had to cancel our second round of drinks because they hadn't arrived 30minutes after we ordered them and needed to leave to go to the show. I had to go find our waiter to let him know we wanted to cancel or second round of drinks and wanted our check. Even after seeking out our waiter it still look almost 10minutes for him to bring us our bill. We were very dissatisfied with our dining experience. Not sure if this is the norm or if we just got a bad/inexperienced server.

We loved the concert venue. Thier auditorium is on the smaller side and more intimate. We sat on the mezzinine level and had a great view of the stage. The sound was great, not too loud or distorted. The bar tenders at the bar just outside "The Show" and at the bars inside were great. Drinks were poured with a heavy hand and the prices were very fair. My husband and I were able to get two rounds of drinks for less than $20.

I would definitely go hear again for another concert or show, not sure if I would eat or stay here though.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here one night over the weekend, but I would have liked to stay at least another night. The room was one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever stayed in! It was so large, roomy, and luxurious! It was complete with double vanity sink, a 3ft deep tub, glass shower door, refrigerator with optional mini bar, flat screen TVs in the bathroom and the bedroom, and a living room area with a couch. And it wasn't even a suite! Everything was so nice. Granite counters and very clean. I even made a comment a couple of times to my husband about how clean it smelled in there for a casino. It actually beats at least 10 other Las Vegas casinos I have had the opportunity to stay in.
We ate at the WatersCafe downstairs which has pool views and is a nice casual place. The casino itself is kind of small, but undergoing some renovations or upgrades, so I think part of it was closed. But, I won $200 on a penny machine! yay!
I very much liked this place and hope to be able to return some day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We have stayed here before several times, usually in a suite. This time we were in a deluxe room with balcony. The room is the same as a standard room except it has a balcony with chairs and a table so you can sit outside. Check-in went smoothly and the room was very clean and comfortable as always. There was a problem with the tap water. the cold water was very hot. Maintenance checked it out and was still trying to fix it when we left.

We had our room comped as well as all our food. We always get room service for breakfast and it was very good as usual. Room service prices are the same as the restaurant except for the usual gratuity added to the bill.

All in all, it was a very good stay. We really enjoy Agua Caliente as we find it very relaxing compared to other casino resorts.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Easter break week---where to go for a day or two with a thirteen-year-old? Agua Caliente was running a deal including two-for-one breakfasts and it had the requisite pool, hot tub, and non-smoking rooms. It also had a nice gym. We don't really gamble, so we spent time hiking in the nearby hills, eating at local Mexican restaurants, buying clothes at the local Burlington Coat Factory for a boy who grows out of them in 4 months, and just swimming and sunning. Nice, clean, very cool decor, and the gambling wasn't an issue. There were many kids and families in the pool, so if you want adult quiet, avoid it around Easter school break. Great desert break!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

The hotel is ok. A nice tower with a sad casino. However, we had a bad incident with our car. The valet returned our car to us with a huge scratch down the entire side of the car. When we pointed it out he went inside his booth and came out with a paper claiming the scratch had been there all along. No date or time or description on the paper. He had obviously just written it. We asked for a manger. He came out and claimed he would investigate and get back to us. He pointed out cameras that film cars as they arrive and told us that the valets would point to large scratches or dent on a car to indicate the problem if they filled out a tag. We said "great, show us the video". He then said he would not share the video. He also said not even local law enforcement have that privilege as the casino is run by the "sovereign nation". We replied that we would be happy to deal with the tribal police force. He said there was no tribal police force. Obviously he simply did not want to show the video and I am not sure about the legality or truth of his various claims. In any case, the true issue is that if you have any sort of problem at the valet (or maybe elsewhere on the property) you can expect this treatment. For this reason alone I would avoid this business.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Rancho Santa Margarita
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

We have been going to Palm Springs for years. This is the first time we stayed at the Agua Caliente Resort (received a promotional offer from the paradise club, the casinos players card.). For the price we paid, I did not have high expectations. However, we were pleasently
surprised with the quality of the rooms and the hotel itself.
The room was very comfortable with a firm bed, flat screen tv, refrigerator, and ample seating ares. The bathroom had two sinks, a walk-in shower and a soaking tub. We found the room to be quieter than most hotels we have stayed in. I just retired from an upscale hotel chain and so I tend to be critical of places I stay. I found all the employees I came into contact with were very welcoming and if they were in a position to know my name, it was used in our conversations. I also tend to notice any deferred maintenance issues, but
I found all areas of the hotel in fine condition.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Walnut, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week and were surprisingly impressed by it. The rooms are modern and sophisticated. I wanted to bring home the bed....it was SOOOO comfortable!! Also, this is one of the few hotels that we did not get the annoying "housekeeping knock on the door"on the day of departure. They were strict about the check out time, but that did not bother me. The casino was so-so...the dealers are not the friendliest, but overall, we were beyond satisfied with our stay. We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Book thru Expedia