“Staff is the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Staff is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I regularly travel to Ontario for work and always stay the this hotel. The hotel is conveniently located to many restaurants and is always clean. But the thing that brings me back to this specific Hilton-property has to the be front desk staff. While I have not yet encountered someone less than friendly, Laura and Maribel both stand out as exceptional! They both are quick to recognize me on each trip and go out of their way to make sure my stay is perfect!

P.S. Keep the chocolate chip cookies stocked at the desk! :)

Room Tip: Don't choose room 428 because I want that one each time [it's the top-floor suite]. :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christian A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Matt K,

Thank you for the kind response! We are very pleased to be your hotel of choice when staying in the Rancho Cucamonga area. Our team will receive the kudos and we will continue to do our best to deliver top-notch customer service (and those tasty chocolate chip cookies!) We look forward to seeing you again.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was my fourth stay at the Hilton Garden Ontario (in Rancho Cucamonga). All stays were business travel related. Although all stays have been very satisfactory, all have had their minor "issues". For this stay, there were only two, really. I'll start with those. First, when I first entered the room it reaked of what I thought was stale tobacco smell, like the previous occupant had smoked excessively and the hotel tried to clear it out. I had just flown in from the east coast, so after 13 + hours on a plane, I just wanted to go to sleep, so I didn't complain to the front desk. As my 5 day stay progressed, I began to suspect that the problem wasn't smoke smell...it was more likely the cleaning product used by the hotel. Not sure what product that was, but it was not very fresh smelling. The second issue was rather minor. The soda/drink machine was not operable on my floor...I did mention this to the front desk on day 2, who assured me would be addressed as soon as possible. By the time I left after my stay was done, it was still not working. There was also a third problem, but the HGI can't control the fact it rained every day I was there...I thought "it never rains in Southern California"?
Enough of the complaints...there is a reason I continue to stay at the HGI when I visit on business...I like the place, it is central to most of the Inland Empire, close to the airport, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and 99% of the time, I am satisfied by the HGI. The breakfast was a bit pricey, but I did get a lot of food. The wait staff was a bit understaffed though, but they remained friendly. I wouldn't even consider staying at any other place.

Room Tip: I would stay on the north side of the property (side away from the Ontario Mills Mall), and try for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Christian A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Ti99er,

Thank you for the honest response! We appreciate your feedback. We are looking forward to having you back soon and are continually working on bettering the condition of our property. I'm glad you got a good response from our staff and please don't ever hesitate to ask for myself or any one of our managers on duty as your opinion matters to us. Thank you for your continued loyalty,

Northern New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel is true to the Hilton Garden Inn brand, which we like, and it is about 4 miles from the Ontario, California regional airport. But we have been there twice in recent weeks, and there were a few quirks.
1. The breakfast attendant works hard but needs a helper -- although the food was good and the price was fair, serving utensils were missing, there were no plates out for the fruit and pastries (just bowls for the oatmeal), I couldn't find an extra spoon. These little inconveniences are easy to avoid.
2. I wonder about safety. On one stay, we were assigned a room that looked immediately out onto an accessible rooftop work area, with ventilation units up there, and tools (evidence of people). The windows were unlocked! Thankfully, I checked and locked them. Anybody up on that roof could easily slide open an unlocked window - the windows were at a low height over the rooftop work area.
3. Again, with safety -- we had the experience of leaving very early for the airport (4:30 a.m.) There was NOBODY in the lobby. The office door behind the front desk was closed up, and there was no bell, no sign about how to call for someone if you needed help, nothing. Is the hotel unattended in the middle of the night? We had to physically push the automatic lobby doors open. Thank heaven they did open, and then we were able to push them back shut, or we might have missed our plane. This is not a youth hostel. I expect desk staff all night in a Hilton family hotel, for lots of reasons.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Christian A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear WaterEnthusiasts,

Thank you for your honest response as it is the only way we can truly evaluate our highly valued guest experiences. With that said, I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations and hope that you would give us another chance when staying in the Rancho Cucamonga area.
In regards to breakfast, we do strive to give you the best service possible and will put an extra focus on properly staffing according to our occupancy moving forward.
As far as the window security in your room, I do apologize that it was not locked. Only hotel personnel and officially contracted personnel under the supervision of a manager on duty would ever be on that roof conducting general maintenance or repair.
In regards to your early morning departure, I am terribly sorry no one was available to assist you. Our late night manager on duty distributes receipts and newspapers to departing guestrooms each night and although the hotel is secured by all entrances during this period, we do, count on them to leave their post momentarily. Your opinion matters to us and we are working diligently to improve the quality of our guest's experience. We thank you for your time and candid review and hope to see you again soon!

Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed two days over Thanksgiving here and will stay every time we come this way. This was our first visit to Rancho Cucamonga. It's a classy upscale area and the people everywhere are ultra friendly, from the fast food places to the grocery stores and gas stations.

The hotel staff are amazing. We couldn't get hot water to the shower in our room due to a faulty valve. The maintenance man moved UA across the hall to a fresh new room with a better view of the mountains, gave us new keys, and a treat basket too!

Thanksgiving breakfast was complimentary including the normal pay items like eggs to order and huge breakfast omelette and burritos. The cook was jovial, upbeat, and very friendly. Everyone was wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving. We even received a call for the front Del to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving along with an offer to call if we have any special requests.

This is one amazing Hilton brand and one amazing town. Even people in parking lots at the grocery store were saying, "Hello, how are you?" At one point I wondered if I entered the Twilight Zone because nobody was looking grumpy or threatening.anywhere we went.

Hotel pool is indoors with an outside area to tan, but being the wrong time of year, there was no sun on that side all day. Parking is great and well lit. Roads and driveways are wide, well maintained and landscaped.

We were very impressed with the staff and team at the Hilton Garden Inn. I can't wait for our next visit to the desert so we can stay here again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have mountain view, odd numbered rooms have city view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Christian A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Dave W,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm glad you were able to share some holiday cheer with our team. Once in a blue moon general maintenance issues can pop up and we take pride in fixing those issues with a smile while recovering your satisfaction. Chris, (our evening houseman) and Patrick (our morning breakfast clerk) will also receive your kudos. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and greatly look forward to having you back next time you're in the Rancho Cucamonga area.

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've been staying at this property off and on since March, 2012, and it is decidedly the place to stay when in the area. The staff is superb... This past week I casually mentioned to the waitress I had to be in the office before the restaurant was open, so would miss out on a meal the next day. She went back in the kitchen, and swapped my free breakkie chit for a care package of fruit, cereal, yogurt, bagel and accoutrements so I didn't pass-out before the lunch our the next day. I've stayed at five-star properties that didn't do that for me! I can't say enough about this place, and the great staff lead by Christian the manager. If you go, be sure to have a drink in the bar with Mike. He's a laugh a minute!

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the back side of the building, not facing 4th St. It's a little qu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christian A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear AngusPodgorny1960,

We are honored to be your "place to stay when in the area." Thank you from the entire team!!! I will personally make sure that Shelly and Mike get your heartfelt kudos and on behalf of everyone here it's safe to say that your satisfaction makes our jobs that much more meaningful. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Happy holidays,

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Rancho Cucamonga for 3 nights November 1-3. Nice hotel in a great location with lots of dining and shopping nearby. Traveled here from Vegas and the hotel was convenient to the Interstate. Right across the street from Ontario Mills Mall. Also about a 10 minutes drive to the Victoria Gardens area where we dined 2 nights. This was a standard Hilton Garden Inn. My room was on the 2nd floor with large king bed. Still not quite as fond of their sleep number beds as I generally sleep in the middle of a king (single person here) and could never get both sides level even though the settings were the same. People here were very friendly. Breakfast was $10 and not overly special. First night there was a younth baseball team staying there and 2nd night a girls volleyball team but outside of a noisy lobby and pool area the noise was kept to a minimum (at least on the 2nd floor). For under $100 a was very satisfied and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lazy Dog restanrant across the street is a nice place for a casual meal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sunshinebois,

Thank you for your valued response! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and always appreciate your honest opinion. The Garden Sleep System king sized beds are seemingly better designed for two and we will be sure to escalate your opinion as a single traveler. We are always doing our best to make sure your time with us is well spent and we hope to be your hotel of choice when visiting the Rancho Cucamonga area again!

Warm regards,

Carpinteria, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here for 2 days while attending the NHRA Finals in Pamona. First the rate was very reasonable ($84/night). The people who work here are top notch. Laura at the front desk, Victor at the bar, and Shelly who was there for breakfast. The rooms are nice and clean, with all your typical things. We ate breakfast there each morning, which for $9 you get cooked to order eggs, waffles and pancakes, bottomless coffee, juice, oatmeal...everything was fresh and tasty. You can't go wrong eating breakfast there. Within walking distance is a BJ Brewhouse, Famous Dave's BBQ, Chevy's, and some fast food. I also took advatage of the fitness center which was clean and well maintained. As good as any Hilton or Doubletree I've stayed in. We were 15 minutes from Pamona and it was an easy freeway ride. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and I would bring my kids to a place like this. Great service, food and nice rooms at a bargain price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Christian A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear CA_Dreamer__103066,

Thank you for the kind words. We do our best to maintain the highest quality service while offering our dearly valued guests like yourself a highly competitive rate. Our breakfast and front desk teams will be happy to hear about your experience and we look forward to having you back again!

Warm regards,

Assistant GM

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!