“Worth at least one visit, there are some great things! BUT....” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Slater's 50/50 was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater. Teaming up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons, they created the world's first 50/50 Burger - 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef - taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm.In 2011, the second Slater's 50/50 opened in Huntington Beach followed quickly by the San Diego location. Since opening, Slater's 50/50 has won a number of awards and accolades including "Best Burger" by The Orange County Register, OC Weekly and FOX 5 San Diego as well as "Best New Restaurant" by San Diego Magazine.
California
“Worth at least one visit, there are some great things! BUT....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

After hearing all the hype, my husband really wanted to go for his birthday, (our entire family are bacon freaks). We got there midweek for very early dinner and the lines filled the outside waiting area. We waited about 50 minutes to get in.
Pros and Cons

Pros
They send you a text to your cell phone when your table is ready...simple! LOVE it!
The prices were shockingly affordable.
Fun atmosphere
My husband collects glassware or a beer glass from every place he goes.(usually $10-$12) Slaters is $2.00 Seriously! 2 bucks! And they only give you brand new wrapped in tissue and the whole deal.
Our Waitress was a doll, sweet and courteous! She brought my husband a $10 dessert for free.
BACON KETCHUP!! omg yes...its good.
Menu Variety ...different meats to salads drinks...too many to count.
You can use anything for your bread choice, even pretzel dough buns!

CONS
You know what they say about one bad apple? Well, yeah. Our server got overloaded, she had too many tables to contend with and another girl came to assist bringing us our food...she was rude and dismissive and destroyed the vibe of the entire place. One of the claims to fame of this establishment is naming your custom burger and having your girl come back and call it out as everyone laughs...this girl refused...my kids were bummed out. The names werent bad, this girl was just a Bit**. Didnt want to bring us napkins, more ketchup etc...we gave up on her, lol

The meat.... I make 60/40 all the time at home, you pick your two meats at your store and any grocery store will grind it for you free. I do 60 bacon/40 burger all the time, they are very moist and tender and full of flavor...the meat here tasted over cooked and less than exciting. I was expecting theirs to be way better than mine, not mine way better, lol. Excellent bread!

Go to enjoy the novelty, decent food at decent prices...hoping you get great service because it will make your night a fun one.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Slaters: 50+50=100% poo”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

First I advise you to never take a trip to Ranch Cucamonga, CA. Second never eat at Slaters 50/50 at Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga. The employees look like they just woke up 15 minutes before their shift, threw on a t-shirt and some Axe, drew on their eyebrows and applied copious amounts of body glitter, then downed a tall boy of Monster and decided to be to farters.Customer service jobs suck, I know and I'm not saying the customers are always right but we are human, so stop being dicks.
I ordered a hamburger well done and received an undercooked McMuffin.
Slaters 50% terrible 50% awful. Lets just say I learned my lesson, bacon comes in strips and hamburger comes in patties. This establishment is whats wrong with America. 50% poop 50% turd
50% caca 50% dookie pookie

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Heather P, Guest Relations Manager at Slater's 50/50, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi Mmsmit,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize that you you had such a poor experience! It is completely unacceptable that you were less-than-impressed with your visit to Slater's in Rancho. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so we can address this with our staff to ensure they are ready and prepared for their shift.

Our guests always come first and we want to make sure each person leaves satisfied and willing to come back again. I realize that you may not have the desire to, but of you are ever in the area again we'd love to invite you back. Please email us at contact@slaters5050.com if you're open to giving us another shot.

-Heather
Kerrville
“Slater's is 50/50”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Heard a lot about this place the last couple of yrs. Its been featured on tv and all that stuff. 1st of all they screwed up my order. I ordered simple. 50/50 patty,with cheese and added bacon. Plain nothing else to be on it. When it arrived they had forgotten the cheese. You have a burger patty, cheese and bacon they forgot 1 out of 3. They could have not made a more mediocre burger if they tried. My wife had a burger with a couple of more things on it than mine she felt the same about her burger as well. If there is anything special about this 50/50 burger I just can't see it. I broke off a piece off the patty and tried it by itself. Nada, I just can't taste the hype. Also this place serves frozen fries. Really a gourmet burger joint that serves frozen fries. They offer home made ketchup and onion rings but frozen fries? I can't believe I found a gourmet burger joint that serves a burger that tastes worse than In an Out, that also serves frozen fries. If you like Slaters 50/50. You will have your mind blown when you eat at Red Robin. Save your money and avoid Slaters. 2 burgers, 1 soda and order of fries 30 bucks with out tip. Sides like fries cost extra.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chino Hills, California
“Still Searching for the Best Burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

After much anticipation, we finally had a chance to try Slater's 50/50. My wife and I arrived around 11:45 a.m., and we did not have to wait for a table. Unbeknownst to us, we were seated under a pretty powerful air conditioning that kicked in about 10 minutes after sitting down. It quickly became unconformable. So long as the food was great, it would soon be forgotten.

We ordered a 50/50 burger, buffalo mac and cheese, and fries. Both of us found the items average, and the air conditioner became more prevalent again. As a result of the the averageness of the food, we finished about fifty percent of each item.

In regards to the service, it was average and nothing that would sway us to return anytime soon. We will continue our search for the perfect burger!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Riverside, CA
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

After reading the mixed reviews, I was a bit apprehensive when my group of five co-workers decided to have lunch here. My observations & opinions:
1. We arrived at 11:30 am on a Tuesday, and there was no wait. Great news!
2. We ordered the Vampire Dip and Mac & Cheese Balls as appetizers. Both were to die for!
3. I built my own burger, with the 2/3 pound 50/50 patty. I didn't find it too salty at all. More great news!
4. Service was quick and attentive. Almost too attentive (two managers asked if everything was OK).

I will definitely be returning. Another observation: a lot of their offerings are very unhealthy, but they have a ton of healthy options. You just have to resist the temptation, but it is possible to leave here without feeling guilty about what you just ate!

• Visited December 2013