“Unless You Live In The Neighborhood, Skip It” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cask 'n Cleaver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madrone
Riverside County
“Unless You Live In The Neighborhood, Skip It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We made the mistake of dining here on Valentine's Day because better places were booked. It is located in what looks like an industrial area which should have been the first sign of trouble. We had reservations for 7:30 pm and were seated within 10 minutes. Then the problems started. We have to ask our waiter three times when he was bringing the bread that he promised to bring to the table. He was young and seemed to be either inexperienced, ill or just plain incompetent. It took forever for our food to come out of the kitchen. The steak I ordered was good but nothing special. It was their blue cheese steak but it only had blue cheese on about half of it. My girlfriend asked if she could have a baked potato instead of mashed potatoes on one of their specials and was told no. I have never seen this before as restaurants will always substitute a potato. Her steak and lobster tail was good but nothing special. We shared a cheese cake for desert and it was nothing special. Just ordinary. The problem is the waiter never asked us if we wanted dessert and he had already generated the check. We means he had to re-do it later. When it came time for the final bill, he had disappeared. Another person bought over the check. I later learned that he had run my credit card and generated a final bill and when the girl ran the card a second time she generated a second charge on the card. I had to call the restaurant the next day to have the first charge credited. This has never happened at any restaurant. The bottom line is I cannot recommend this restaurant. Only if you live around the corner is it barely passable. This used to be a popular chain in Southern California and main competition for Black Angus. Most have closed and I can see why. Skip it!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

California
“You have to look for it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I were driving around looking for an eatery, and happened into this location that is sort of hidden off of University Avenue. She was very happy with her fish entree and I didn't mind paying a little more than usual for a well presented delicious dinner.

Visited October 2012
“Great Hidden Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Cask offers Happy Hour Mon-Fri from 4pm-close. The bar drink prices are fair and the drinks are always good. The bar offers a bar only menu (sliders, frys, bar food stuff for great prices). We attend Monday Night Football and have a blast. During MNF, Cask offers free food, half time raffle and you get Happy Hour prices on the drinks. Cant go wrong. I rarely eat a dinner here, because the bar food tastes good and a priced right.

Im giving this 5 starsbecause of my experience and satisfaction. Is it old? Yes. Can you probably find a better steak dinner at a fancier, newer place? Probably. But this place is great for people who like to relax and have a good time, no party scene or thugs. A+

Visited December 2012
Fontana, California
“Best food, best service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The food is simple, but brilliantly and perfectly prepared. The servers genuinely like people (you can tell) and are great at what they do.

Visited October 2012
“Best steak in years!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Pleasantly surprised at my first visit to the dated restaurant in what seems like a local neighborhood. The server was amazing and the food superb. I'll be back!

• Visited October 2012