“Hotel Stay before leaving Cali - near Ontario Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Hotel Stay before leaving Cali - near Ontario Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Check in for a one night stay before leaving to come back to Chicago. Checked in later than we wanted due to traffic coming from San Clemente...get it, not in a great mood due to an almost 2 1/2 hr drive. Come into the lobby, one person working the check-in desk with at least 6 people waiting in line. Now, the person checking us in was very friendly, but was there no one available to assist? ok, we will let that go, but something to think of Four Points. Get to our room to drop off bags so we can meet with family for dinner. Hotel is on Route 66 so it's decorated in homage to Route 66...room very nice, corner room. Not really liking the bathroom door, it's like a sliding barn style door that doesn't seal the door and no fan, so your roommate hears everything doing on in the bathroom, I like a little more privacy! One other problem was the paper thin walls, heard the TV in the next room which was very annoying at 3, 4, 5 and 6 in the morning! go to sleep people! other than those things, nice room, great price ($50 on priceline) and was close to Ontario but not in the traffic patterns. Busy area drive wise as it's very near Victoria Gardens. Yes, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner, we stayed in 301
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us. Knowing that you'll definitely stay with us again in the future is great news and we look forward to your next visit. Upon your next stay, please let us know if there's anything at all we can do to make you more comfortable and productive and we'll do our best to meet and exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel was extremely clean and well-maintained and the service was outstanding. The front desk staff was very helpful in answering questions and went out of their way to ensure that all my expectations were met. The lobby is inviting and has a nice bar/breakfast area off to the side where they have nightly specials. The facility was in great shape, from the hallways to the pool area to the fitness room. The fitness area had plenty of room and lots of equipment to choose from. There were several elliptical machines, bikes and free weights, along with yoga mats and a nice seating area placed in the middle of the room (which is a genius idea). All the equipment was in good condition.

The rooms were spacious and well maintained. The furniture pieces reminded me of iKea type furniture (you'll see from the pictures). There was no closet in the room, but there was an armoire that contained several drawers to place your clothes, a dorm-sized refrigerator and coffee maker. The side of the armoire contained a generous area to hang your shirts/suits and contained the ironing board/iron. There was a 37" flat screen tv mounted to the wall and underneath it was a rectangular piece of furniture with open areas filled with wicker baskets to hold items.

The bed was very comfortable and clean. The sofa, desk and desk chair were also very nice.

The one area of the room that I wish were different is the A/C unit, which was mounted against the wall. The temperature control unit was actually on the wall and when the A/C kicked on it was loud..........A slight annoyance, but by the 2nd night I had gotten used to the noise....

The bathroom was all white and very clean. There were towel hooks surrounding the inside of the bathroom, the sink had a good amount of space for toiletries and the towels were placed in wicker baskets beneath the sink.
The shower was in really good shape. The shower head produce a good blast of water and it took no time at all for the water to get hot. On the wall in the shower were three dispensers (shower gel, shampoo and conditioner). I thought this was very convenient.

Overall I rated this property "Very Good". The only negatives I had were the noisy A/C unit and when you requested a wake-up call, on two consecutive nights, I didn't receive the call until 15 minutes after the time requested. I told the front desk agent about this and he thanked me for bringing this to his attention and he said he would alert management of the issue.

Other than that, I would highly recommend this property to any business traveler or family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd Floor are a little larger. Ask for a Preferred Guest Room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi qbchiefs,

Thank you for your honest and detailed comments about your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you recommend the property to others potentially staying in the area. Feedback like yours helps us identify ways to improve our service and to better anticipate our guest's needs. We take great price in our ability to consistently present an uncomplicated and comfortable experience at our hotel and my team and I are grateful when we hear that we can satisfy guests such as yourself time and time again. We hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel exceeded by expectations and was one of the best hotel stay's I have had in a while. The property is super clean, modern, fairly new, and the rooms are the same. Parking was very easy and close. Check in was average, but the rooms and property made this place above average. The rooms are very modern and extremely comfortable. The bath products are done in a dispenser and are upgraded. AC worked very well and the lighting, internet, outlets were above average. The pool and hot tub was great. I had no complaints at all during my stay. Also, I was granted a late checkout and the housekeeping staff never disturbed me after check out time-something very rare when you get a late checkout. I highly recommend this place and I will be back!

Room Tip: Every one is great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
What a great report to receive from a TripAdvisor senior contributor! Your comments are those that my team and I genuinely love to read and celebrate. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts of the hotel with the entire TripAdvisor community. We sincerely hope to have you back in the near future and continue to exceed your expectations every time.
Rancho cucamonga, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

So as far as Rancho goes, if you are here for business or something similar, this is a good hotel. It's not near any major tourist attractions but if you have business or family local and are visiting for that purpose, it is a great place to stay. Decent bar and the rooms are nice. It is right across the street from Victoria Garden, a major shopping center with several restaurants, bars and a movie theatre so you have something to do at night.

• Stayed January 2012
Hi Tiffkat2000,

As a TripAdvisor Top Contributor, you sure do know hotels. You're comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share them with us and the rest of the TA community. Indeed, we are the closest hotel to the premiere shopping mall in the area: Victoria Gardens Mall. As you know, there you can find all sorts of the best shops and restaurants in the Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga area including Toby Keith's I Love This Bar, Cheesecake Factory, Fleming's, and the Yard House just to name a few. Perhaps you'll stay with us again this holiday season for great food and great shopping experiences? Let us know!
Folsom, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this little gem in this the Ontario area of California. Tim at the front desk was fast and efficient. They had a two for one beer promotion that I used for Monday night football. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The room was spacious and clean. Free internet was a plus. All of the room amenities were in working order. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi Barry P,

Thank you for your comments about our kind and attentive staff and your overall comfort here at the Four Points. Tim works very hard to earn positive feedback on the TA website. He and the rest of my team all take great pride when we see we've met or exceeded a guest's expectations. I am also glad you got join us for our Monday night football specials. We're now doing the same great deals for Thursday night football too! We hope to see you again soon. Go Broncos!
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at this hotel. It was quiet and clean. Just what I expect from an SPG property. There's an outdoor mall really close with many nice stores and restaurants. The service in the hotel restarunt was slow and disorganized. I would go elsewhere for meals.

• Stayed September 2012
Scott G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hi Experienced Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments. We are happy to know we met your SPG expectations. Please know that we are continually making regular improvements to our restaurant and bar and your comments certainly help us do just that. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again and win you over!
Baldwin Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

So in the last 3 months I have spent at least half the summer here. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean. I love the food here and the bar staff is great. I got the flu during one of my stays and each day Tim at the front desk asked how I was feeling. I found that to be extremely thoughtful. The evening "house man" always made sure I had any extras I requested promptly. I have become somewhat friends of many of the staff which makes it like a second home. Rooms are always clean and it's conveniently located near a 24 hr convenience store, nail shop, and several restaurants. Thank you to all the staff for being some of the friendliest and customer service oriented individuals.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!