“Pleased with the stay” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Mesquite
“Pleased with the stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Out for business for about 4 days and had an enjoyable time while at the Aloft. I have stayed at other locations with this chain before and have been impressed. And while this one did not disappoint me, it was not as nice as the Dallas location.

Don't get me wrong, well worth the stay and the money for sure. Front desk was very helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. The only thing that makes them a 4 of 5 rating is the holds on the card. They tacked on about 50% of my anticipated bill for the hold and then randomly put another 50.00 dollar hold for good measure I guess. It was a weak explination when I talked to them and that is the rub with this location. I fully get a certain level of incidental hold money, but 700.00 dollars held on a roughly 400.00 dollar bill is a little excessive.

If that does not bother you, then have at it...

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you have ever stayed at aloft then you know what they are. The hotel is geared to a young, trendy crowd or trend setters. The hotel is good for couples or singles but, not a family place. The first room we had the AC was not working and they had to get us a new room which they did very quickly and gave us a free movie pass and 2 free drink passes. I feel they a re a little better than average.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
CLT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Easy hotel to get in and out off, the rooms were the same as most other Alofts. We used it a stopover before hitting the CA coast. The staff were friendly and helpfull. There were doing some lobby remodeling while we were there. Only complaint was the weak WIFI speed.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am speech impaired and deaf which obviously makes it hard to communicate with people who don't know sign language. I ventured into aloft looking to possibly book a room for a few nights for me and my partner. Hailey and another guy were at the desk I was trying to ask Hailey about the rates and if she understood sign language and communicated to her I could read lips... I could understand her but she was having a hard time understanding me and this lead on for awhile and never once did her smile fade, if she couldn't understand me she would apologize and try again even when I said nevermind she kept trying she laughed at herself and made what would have been an embarrassing scenario anywhere else one of the customer etiquette and respect I have experienced... the guy at the counter kept checking in to see if he could help got frustrated and kept signalling for me to write it down...THAT IS RUDE! It is very rude to ask someone with my disability to do...Hailey knew the alphabet in sign language and took the time to spell things out she also showed me the spg member benefits where I can save future room amenities and specifics from the computer and save them so that I can check in without having this on going battle!

People are so impatient and rude everywhere that I even get groceries online so I don't run into this problem. It's embarrassing for me but this girls patience and kindness can't be repaid, it was when I needed it most...I will stay at this hotel solely because of the customer CARE I was shown immediately

• Stayed November 2014
AloftORC, General Manager at aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Aloft. I am very pleased to here that our Talent Agent Hailee provided the best personal guest service. We strive to make our guests feel at home and welcome to be here with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Sinerely,

Gonzalo Rodriguez
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very excited to stay at my first Aloft hotel as I had heard of its boutiquey, chic style. Where to begin with my nightmare-ish experience. My air conditioning didn't initially work and it took them 40 min for someone from the front desk to meddle with it, because maintenance couldn't come by. I don't mind that there is a cool happy hour/bar going on downstairs, but that bass was clearly coming straight into my room, at least until midnight. Not to mention, I had a room near the elevator, which blares house music, that I had the joy of constantly listening to through the rest of the night. The walls are ultra thin here so I could hear every person and their conversations in the hallways. I absolutely got no sleep with blood shot eyes the entire next day for work.

The kicker.... my running water was white. Milky white. The picture attached has absolutely no filter added and it looked more disgusting than that with two hands holding it. At night and the next morning, I left it running, hoping it might turn clear with no luck. Fortunately or unfortunately in this case, I'm a Starwoods member where I used my complimentary 2 Dasani water bottles to wash my face and brush my teeth. Couldn't even take a shower.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room above the second floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

obviously, at aloft hotels the rooms are a bit smaller....that's expected so i am not complaining...just letting people who don't travel much what to expect out of the Aloft brand.

The weekend I was there, it was sold out so i didn't get the room that I needed. Got put in a king but they have a bench under the tv and that was big enough for my son to sleep on.

Staff....the asian lady...just ok. Nothing special. She did forget to give me my drink voucher for being a SPG member. It was no big deal though because I don't use them anyway.

If you want small, newer and chic pick the ALOFT over the neighboring sheraton. If you want bigger and older then go with the Sheraton. Aloft has the nicer bar too. This hotel is closer tot he outlet mall. The other one is closer to the airport. Both places run about the same price.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

I stayed at the Aloft hotel in Rancho Cucamonga this past weekend, 11/71/14-11/9/14, after booking the room, I saw the reviews and it worried me. I am a picky hotel guest, like to book 3 stars and up, normally stay at 4 stars, do not like to stay at a crappy hotel or a place with bad service. After reading some negative reviews, I was expecting a worst stay, but that is not the case. The Aloft hotel was wonderful, good neighborhood, the hotel was great, the little snack area was wonderful, my room nice, love the way it was decorated, beds were comfy, ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN, free parking, free wi-fi. The staff was great, I went out and came in at 5 am, told the front desk staff his name was Luke, to have the housekeeper not disturb me, he was really nice and made sure I was not woken up.

Woke up several hours, getting ready to meet up with friends, and needing help with direction and places to eat, spoke with Lissette, and she was extremely nice as well. The staff at the hotel were wonderful, everything here were great, one of the best stays I had.

Thanks Aloft Hotel!
Howie

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
I'm glad you had a fabulous time at our hotel! It is great that we exceeded your expectations as well! We look forward to your next visit.

Have a wonderful day,

Gonzalo Rodriguez

Been to aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!