“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We specialize in fresh made Italian style dishes; Hand Tossed Pizzas, freshly sautéed pasta, fresh seafood-like salmon, halibut, scallops, and shrimp and fresh Angus beef.There is an exhibitionary kitchen in the main dining room, a full bar, a wine shop and private room as well as two outdoor patios.The wine list is a five time Wine Spectator Award Winning List. We feature over fifty wines by the glass; our specialty is west coast Cabernet sauvignon with over 200 selections. All wine is available to purchase to go at standard retail or less. In the restaurant the most it would cost is $14 over retail. The wine shop also doubles as a private dining room that can accommodate up to 30 sit down or 40 as a cocktail party.Two outdoor patios are in front of the restaurant for those who enjoy people watching.
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Just stopped in for lunch last week. Sword fish was very good. Wondering why I haven't stopped in before. Great wine list too. Definitely going back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

White Haven
“GOOD FOOD, GOOD SERVICE, A BIT LOUD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went with friends who recommended this restaurant. Table shared appy eggplant fritti - well seasoned, generous portion, delicious - I would get this as an entree in the future. 2 of our party shared a very generous portion of Chicken Classico and had side salads. They said it was very good. Richer, darker sauce than I've seen elsewhere and the taste I had was delicious. 2 of us had a house specialty: meat lovers lasagne. Usually cheesier at other restaurants, this was an enjoyable and different change of pace. The tomato sauce was excellent - I could really taste the fresh tomatoes! Prices were reasonable (chicken $19, lasagne $18) although I thought the bottles of wine were rather pricey. The bread was OUTSTANDING! Service was great. Only thing keeping me from 5 star rating is noise level - too loud for easy normal conversation. I recommend highly.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Excellent for Our Party of 19 People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Il Forno has a wonderful private dinning room with two walls of wine. Felt like you were in a very nice wine cellar. Manager was very helpful and flexible in planning a menu and table arrangements. He printed a special menu at no cost.
Our meals were served together, timely and at the right temperature. Guests loved the food and room.
Our waitress, helped by a team were perfect. I am very particular on what constitutes good service and she exceeded those standards. She was also fun with a great sense of humor. Would I do another party there, absolutely.

Visited June 2014
California
“LOVE IT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is my favorite Italian Restaurant! I don't think we have ever been disappointed. A little on the pricey side, but well worth it! It was my choice for my Mother's Day Dinner this year!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CA
“Excellent Italian, large portions, huge wine list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went to Il Forno Classico on a Sunday evening, a party of 9. My first time there, located just off of Sunrise Blvd, same shopping center as the Outback Steakhouse.
You can view their menu online if your curious. Very large Wine list, many wines by the glass, and bottles ranging from ~$30 to over $500. We had a bottle of the Bastioni Chianti Classico, thought it was very nice, ~$34. They have their wine list on Ipads they hand out so you can scroll through the large listing.
Everyone was very happy with the food. Entrees range from $15 to $30. Lots of pasta variations, and some steak and seafood choices.The complimentary fresh hot herbed bread rounds are delicious, and come with an Olive oil Balsamic dipping sauce. I had the "Meat Lovers Lasagna", very large portion, does indeed have a lot of meat, and probably the best Lasagna I've ever had. I heard the Veal Piccata was excellent from someone else at the table.
This place is owned by the same people that own Pizzaria Classico in Folsom, and they do offer the garlic chips appetizer. They do have a kids menu, but we didn't have any with us, and didn't see many in the restaurant.
Atmosphere is very open, so can get loud when the place is full. Not a huge place, but they do have a special room for large parties, and do have some outdoor seating. However, the outdoor seating is right next to the parking, so not really a great view.
Would go here again in a heartbeat.

• Visited April 2014