“Amazing Thai food! ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Sacramento
“Amazing Thai food! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I've been going to Thai Smile for several years and it has yet to disappoint me. I tried another place today and I was GREATLY disappointed, it made me sad I didn't go to my normal spot. I always order the same thing - Priking Chicken, Praram Chicken, Pad Thai and Green Curry. Everything extra spicy. The spice level is perfect, portions for take out are LARGE, the food comes out in 10 minutes or less, and the price is ridiculously reasonable. Everything is $10 or less per entree. The people there are wonderful, all family, all helpful. It's not a fancy or date place, but if you want a fast lunch or dinner or fabulous take out, this is your place to go!

People that haven't been here are worried that no one is in the restaurant eating, I would say most people I know take out since it's so fast and easy. If we had more time we would eat in! All the staff is super friendly.

BEST THAI in the area!!

Denver, Colorado
“Empty restaurant at 6:30 p.m. on a Friday night?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We question why we were the only diners during the dinner hour on a Friday night. Large dining area was totally empty. Wait staff was friendly but was unavailable. We had to get up to obtain our ticket after we waited for over 20 minutes after eating our meal. Drucken noodles were overcooked, soggy, and basically tasteless. Crazy chicken was okay but not worthy of a take-out box. The empty restaurant should have been a clue.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect for Travelers Staying at 50 & Sunrise exit hotels.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was staying at a Hotel at the Sunrise Exit to the 50 in Rancho Cordova, and found this gem looking for a local mom and pop restaurant.

I would definitely return for another meal if in the area again or just passing down the 50--it's practically right off the Sunrise exit. Parking is free and easy in front.

The are friendly and accommodating (I asked them to add Eggplant to my chicken vegetable dish and they did so with no hesitation.)

If this was a Thai restaurant in the Los Angeles area--the food taste and quality would be better than every other one that I have dined at thus far.

Atmosphere is appropriate for a date, family, alone, friends, or take-out.

Only thing I would change: They only have white rice. And while I don't want to sound like a racist--I favor brown over white. Rice is easy to add to the menu--I would consider doing it.

It's worth the drive and they deserve your business. While I was there, many folks stopped in to pick up their take out so it seems that is a large part of their business.

Visited May 2014
“Great Neighborhood Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I have been eating here since the summer and we absolutely love this restaurant. We are creatures of habit and seem to order the same food most times. We go on average of once per week. The curries are very tasty and not overly spicy. The peanut sauce is the best we have ever tasted. It is run by a Thai family and the front of the house is usually the husband and the cook is usually the wife. They are truly a wonderful couple.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Changchun, China
“Great, authentic Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We weren't very optimistic about finding authentic Thai food in the Sacramento area. My wife is Thai, and I lived in Thailand for 4 years but we were pleasantly surprised at good the food was here. The portions are big and the food is fantastic. We even ordered a few things that weren't on the menu - no problems. Try the Penang curry - it's amazing. Service is good too - the head chef is friendly and knows her stuff.

• Visited December 2011