“Amerisuites is now The Hyatt Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova

You added Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10744 Gold Center Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 (Formerly AmeriSuites Rancho Cordova)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Austin, Texas
“Amerisuites is now The Hyatt Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

I travel to Sacramento for business quite a lot, and my favorite place to stay is the Marriott Hotel in Rancho Cordova. The Marriott was full, so my office booked me at the Amerisuites (which is undergoing its transformation to The Hyatt Place). Unaware of the remodeling project, I was none-too-pleased to be booked at Amerisuites; I entered the hotel late at night with a bad attitude.

In short, I was very pleasantly surprised.

The hotel was still undergoing massive renovations. For example, the main lobby was shuttered...and I was forced to check in at the rear door of the hotel in a narrow corridor. That all seemed very strange to me, but - once I got to my room - I was delighted.

The rooms are VERY NICE. Hyatt is spending massive money to make "Hyatt Place" hotels 'hip,' not unlike a "W" Hotel by Starwood. I was very pleased by the thoughtful layout of my room and the fashionable furnishings. The room was tastefully decorated, and it was very "comfortable" -- it felt like my own living room.

My bed was great. There was some highway noise (the hotel sits on Route 50), so -- if you stay here -- do ask to stay on the side of the hotel *opposite* from the highway. I awoke to some road noise a couple of times, but - overall - it was an enjoyable night of sleep.

The free breakfast served in the morning was a bit of a joke. Skip it. (Unless they upgrade the food when the renovations are completed.)

All in all, I was very pleased with the Hyatt Place. I am a loyal Marriott Rewards member, so my preference is generally to stay in a Marriott hotel so that I can accumulate all of my points in one program. But I must say: If Hyatt builds a lot of these Hyatt Place hotels across the county and if their frequent stay program is a solid one, I could easily be lured away to Hyatt...

• Liked — The thoughtful layout of the room and the stylish interior design
  • Disliked — The highway noise (but this could be avoided if you stay on the non-highway side of the hotel) and the "free," subpar breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Silcon Valley, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

I would have given a 4 star if I didn't get a smoking room. I booked through priceline, got a suite room for around $45. Suites have a little office area, round table for two for eating and kitchenette with fridge and microwave seperate from the bedroom. Near Hwy 50 and across the Hwy from some shopping and eateries, will need a car. Even though my room was on theHwy side, didn't hear much traffic.
The manager mentioned they are going through major renovations next month, including converting most smoking rooms to non smoking.
Pro's;
Free cont breakfast 7-10 am on the weekends, earlier on the weekdays. Continental with fresh fruit and hard boile eggs.
Free wireless and ethernet in the rooms
Suites
Near eateries and shopping
Dog friendly hotel, lots of people bring dogs
Staff is extremely friendly, from the front desk, to housekeeping and bellman and manager.
Called the front desk to have my room neutralized spray for the cigarette smoke, the manager came in to do it immediately and it lasted for a couple of hours.
Con's
Got a smoking room and the place was full
Room smelled of smoke, especially the bedding, bought potpourri for the room but didn't help much and can't open the windows
Bed, you can feel the coils through the mattress
Lots of families, lots of kids, lots of chatter

• Liked — Priceline price, free internet, free breakfast
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

I had booked a room at this hotel for a business week. I stayed one night and left running! The room was depressing with ugly decor and walls were painted this odd yellow green color. Ice and vending is on every other floor so was not on my floor. The night I spent there was the most depressing night I have had in years. Went across the street and felt much better about my stay in Rancho Cordova. Also, I booked a smoking room, and the whole floor reeked of stale cigarettes as if 1000 people had been chaing smoking there the nite before and the windows in the rooms do not open! Also, get this, my shower did not work. The hotel staff made no apologies for the shower. I would not recommend this hotel, there are a lot nicer hotels accross the street.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — non-working shower - room decor
  • Tips/Secrets — dont stay here
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2005

I stayed at this hotel for one night early this month. The going rate was $125 + tax, but I paid $61 total through priceline.

PROs: nice staff, breakfast options other hotels don't offer, good location off US50 in a business park, free parking, free assortment of newspapers, clean bathroom.

CONs: flat standard hotel mattress, no variety of pillows, the room's furniture show wear (i.e., rips, tears, dings on the edges, and the outdated decor made the room seem dingy and unclean when it wasn't, bright evening exterior lighting penetrates rooms.

For what I paid, I was ok with the hotel. If I had paid the going rate I would have felt ripped off. There is a wyngate and a marriott courtyard nearby, which are much better options for both the leisure and business traveler at this price point.

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

Stayed for a week on business. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was very friendly with alot of smiles. Rooms were clean and office-like. I had no problems whatsoever.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
Chesterfield, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

We stayed at the Amerisuite in June of 2005. ( My husband, myself and our two teenage daughters.) The room was extremely clean and had everything we required for our 7 day stay there.

There was a wonderful breakfast served each morning (of course, my teenagers had hoped they could sleep in longer)...but always consisted of something for everyone. While we were there, most of the customers seemed to be there on business & we pretty much had the pool to ourselves most of the day. The staff was always helpful and answered any questions we had & were happy to give driving directions whenever we ventured out! Every evening when we returned, we would enjoy the fresh popped-corn in the lobby!

A portion of our stay in California, we stayed at a higher end hotel, but the entire family enjoyed our stay at the Amerisuite much more!

I would highly recommend this establishment to others and since I have relatives who live in the general area, I plan to stay there again!

Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2004

We booked Amerisuites through Priceline for $50 all in and had a nice suite on the 3rd floor with a little kitchenette with microwave and utensils provided. The price included breakfast which consist of juices and milk, waffles, fruits, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt and bread etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the place was very well kept. It would rival many 4 star hotels with its elegance and spacious rooms. We would definately stay there again if we go back.

Been to Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!