“Worst Hotel Experience Ever!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova

You added Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10744 Gold Center Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 (Formerly AmeriSuites Rancho Cordova)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Certificate of Excellence 2014
California
“Worst Hotel Experience Ever!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

First of all my husband booked this hotel online through Expedia. The purpose of the trip was for us to have a romantic Valentine getaway. The room he booked was supposed to have a King sized bed in it.
I arrived at the hotel the night of the 13th and was there before my husband. I gave the hotel a temporary credit card to hold, so I could check in, while I waited for my husband to arrive, without having to sit in the car for three hours waiting for him.
When my husband arrived, we gave the front desk my husbands credit card and told the front desk to charge my husbands credit card and not mine, at check out for the cost of the hotel. They said no problem and what did they do? Tuesday morning upon returning home, I go to the bank only to find they charged me and not my husband for the hotel. I was livid. (this card is a special visa card, it holds my daughters child support money on it. This is my daughters money for her support and for the Hyatt Place to charge it, instead of my husbands card like they were instructed to do, was not cool). The money on that card was so that my 17 year old daughter could take a week long trip to Disneyland with other friends and when I got to the bank to get the money for her, it was gone. My husband gave the money back to me of course, but what a hassle. Thanks Hyatt Place.
Anyway, back to check in on the 13th. I was told by the front desk that there were no King rooms available and that they were booked heavily for the Valentine weekend. My reaction was WHAT? ( so right off the bat they gave our room away to someone else and made it our problem, instead of being professional about the whole thing). I explained to the lady, we had purchased this room on line and it was a King room, the lady didn't care, she looked at me and told me that there was no guarantees when you purchase a room from them online. (Beware when purchasing any room from Hyatt Place online! There are obviously no guarantees you will get the room you think you are purchasing,. This was information given to me from the hotel staff itself. This in itself is completely bad business etiquette).
The lady still insisting there were no kings available was interrupted by a gentleman staff member, who spoke up and said there was one, the suite with wheelchair access. I went ahead and took it, but was very disappointed that the room had no bathtub in it.
The next day my husband and I asked to transfer to another room that had a King, one that also had a tub in it. The lady at the front desk said she would take care of it for us and even have our belongings moved to the new room.
When we returned that evening from dinner and we were gone all day, we were informed that we were never given another room and our belongings were left in the previous room. We were very disappointed to find out once again, there were no Kings available. In fact, we got lame excuses from the staff working the front desk and they only bad mouthed and pushed the blame onto other staff members that were not even around to defend themselves. This seemed to be the case every time there was a problem. No body would except responsibility, all they did was pass the blame right on down the line. The staff was incompetent, unprofessional, lazy, inconsiderate, and rude.
Once again as we were told there were no more Kings available, another staff member spoke up and said; " I'll fix you up don't worry about it, we have one I can give you". Finally, we got a new room with a King and a tub. However, that was not the end of the hassles, we had to go to our original room and move our belongings to our new room, without any offers for service or courtesy from the staff. When we got to our new room, the T.V. remote batteries were dead, so the T.V. would not work. When we called down to the front desk, instead of offering to bring up new ones, they told us we could come down and get them.
The in room coffee tastes like plastic, the beds are hard and uncomfortable leaving a sore back the next day, the complimentary breakfast is the same quality of a motel 6, actually motel 6 may be a bit better, the service was terrible and to top it off, they were so eager to get the money from us, that they even charged the wrong credit card at our departure.
I am 40 years old and I have never once wanted to write a bad review about anything and this is the only time I have written about any business, but I have been to many hotels in my life and I have to say, this was the worst hotel experience I have ever encountered! This hotel is way over priced, there is no value here and how you are treated by it's staff, is completely unfathomable to anything I have ever experienced in a business setting. Do yourself a favor and shop around, this place is not worth the price and not worth the headache.
I had a great time with my husband Valentines weekend, but the Hyatt Place left a bad taste for both of us and we were more than happy to leave there. We will never go back there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
South Hadley, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

This is the first time I have stayed at a Hyatt Place, and if this is typical of this line, I would not stay in one again. I was given a room next to the elevator on the 2nd floor, although I had requested a high floor. They moved me down the hall to another room (202) which was smaller, and not as nice as the other room, but it was my only choice. However, I wanted to sleep and didn't want to listen to an elevator all night long. At 5:30 a.m. I was awakened by garbage trucks outside the window and people throwing boxes around. Not to speak of the constant hum of the generator outside the window all night long. Or the ant that marched across the sheets when I got into bed. Or the lack of amenities--just shampoo and conditioner. (When I asked about that I was told that was standard, along with two soaps. They gave me hand lotion at the front desk, but were out of shower caps.) The breakfast is very uninspired, and two of the mornings, the decaf coffee canister was empty. On the third morning, they didn't even bother to serve it. When I checked out, I found out that as a privilege of being a Gold Passport member, they would charge me $1/day for the Wall St Journal and that 800 calls were $1/each. It was just a very disappointing stay, and not what I expected from the Hyatt brand.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

I was extremely pleased with this hotel. It was clean, nicely decorated and perfect for the business traveler looking for free wifi! I am on a 3 week business trip and I am very particular about cleanliness, safety and comfort. This Hyatt Place is just perfect. The area around this hotel is nothing to write home about, but it's not far from restaurants, shopping, etc. I'd recommend this place and would stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

This hotel was absolutely wonderful! The room was beautifully designed. It felt as though you had two rooms in stead of one, because of the separate sitting area with a huge sofa! It looked like you could also connect your playstation to the TV. How great is that! The service was great. They had a reasonably-priced snack bar (salads, nachos, chili, pastries etc.) at the lobby, and they even had some options for a vegetarian. Free wifi, free breakfast, free parking! The area is not that interesting, but it is convenient, and there are some stores, such as Walmart, less than a mile away. It's located right next to a few other hotels. All in all, a great, modern, clean hotel and wonderful service!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Gold River, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We reserved a block of rooms for all of our out of town family and friends for our son's wedding. The Hyatt Place was so wonderful to them all. The rooms are huge and very nice. If there were any problems someone came to fix it before they hung up the phone. The breakfast was delicious and served daily. I was so impressed with their service and attention to my guests. I thank them all.

Arlene & Bob Segal

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Pacific Northwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed here after a long road trip from Disneyland with three kids from 4 years to 13 years and found this hotel to be conveniently located, a great value, and a great place to stay. The room was well appointed with very comfortable beds, great TV set up (that impressed my techie husband with a connection for every computer, Ipod, Iphone, etc that we had) and a great breakfast included in the stay. We booked the room directly with the hotel and I feel it was BEYOND a great bargain for the money. A great place to rest and relax for the night before we got back on the road.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

We stayed for four nights at the Hyatt Place while attending a wedding and family reunion in Sacramento. The hotel was conveniently located in Rancho Cordova, about two blocks off Highway 50 at the Zinfandel exit.

The hotel is 6 stories, with indoor corridors and a very nice lobby area. The decor is somewhat modern, and gives the hotel a personality of its own. We were greeted right away at the reception desk, which has a more casual feel than most. Check-in was quick, and the clerk was very friendly and helpful.

The room itself (620) was on the top floor, and it was huge. There's a sitting area just inside the door, with a big L-shaped couch, a work area, and a wet bar with refrigerator and single-serving coffee pot (with very good coffee). A partial wall separated the sitting area from the beds (2 queens) which was nice. The beds were comfortable and soft, with a nice comforter. There was a huge flat-screen TV, with a bunch of video inputs on the wall that seemed to be for a computer or for video games (we didn't use them). The room also had free high-speed wireless Internet.

There wasn't much of a view, and the window didn't open, but we kept the curtains closed against the 100-degree heat anyway. There is a wall air conditioner/heater, which was a little noisy but typical of most hotels.

The tub and toilet are in a separate room, with the vanity outside. There was an expansive granite counter, three different mirrors, all big, and a nice big vanity sink. The closet was small and a little awkward, but adequate. Overall, the room was well-lit and comfortable, with the same modern feel as the lobby. There was absolutely no noise from outside, and very little sound from the corridor either.

The free breakfast has coffee, juice, cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal. It was generally fresh, tasty, and well maintained, and provided a nice start to the day. You can also order hot breakfasts from their kitchen for an extra charge, but we never did try any of them. There is also a selection of pastries, drinks, salads, and other foods in the lobby.

The hotel is showing a little wear and tear in some areas. Also, as seems to be typical of almost every hotel these days, the housekeeping was marginal. One day they didn't even leave fresh soap, which we needed. It seems to be limited to a quick vacuuming and new towels, and that's about it.

The only other drawback is kind of an odd lack of the normal items you would find in a hotel room. For example, there were two phones but no phone book. There were none of the normal stationary or guest-services binders and pamphlets you would usually find. Minor things, but that and the lack of good housekeeping kept this at a rating of 4 instead of 5.

But still, a very nice hotel with excellent service (other than housekeeping), a huge, quiet room, very pleasant surroundings, and a nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!