“Best hotel dollar for dollar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr.

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr. to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11299 Point East Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reno, Nevada
“Best hotel dollar for dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My experience at the Crossland Studios was awesome. I was greeted by professional, friendly and courteous staff as I walked into the lobby. The check-in process was fast and efficient, and I had my room key in hand within 5 minutes. The room was exceptionally clean and the kitchenette gave me the opportunity to have a home cooked meal while on the road. The hotel staff was attentive to my need for extra towels and an early wake up call. It is easy to see that the hotel management prides itself in good customer service while providing a clean and comfortable travel experience at a bargain of a price. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a 3.5 to 4 star hotel without paying the 4 star price. The close proximity to Walmart, Target and a grocery store is an added bonus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. We're glad that you have had such wonderful experiences at the Crossland Economy Studios.

We sincerely appreciate all feedback, especially when you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We recently moved to CA & stayed in the hotel till we figured out our accommodation. We stayed in the hotel for three weeks. Room was cleaned once a week. The staff was very courteous towards us.
It was a great hotel for extended stay. Light rail station for downtown/midtown Sacramento & Folsom is just a couple of minutes away. As i was working downtown, travelling to downtown was way more easier for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you stayed with us when you moved back into to area.

I'm also pleased to hear that you found our location so convenient being near the light rail station! Thank you again for your review.

We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have worked and driven through around 40 different Countries, and driven through 21 States in USA. I have stayed in anything from camp sites in Turkey, to Chalets on top of the Swiss Alps, to a Luxurious converted Castle in Rome, and I still call Crossland my little home away from home.
I stayed here for the first time over a year ago, purely because the rates were so good. I was not expecting much, but when I opened the door to my room, I was very surprised! It had a cook top, a small fridge with little freezer, a sink, microwave, and some utensils in a small, but well designed kitchenette (I think kitchenettes are in all rooms?). The bathrooms are a good size with a large shower stall. In the many times I have stayed here since my first, including weekly stays with awesome rates, the beds varied in firmness, but have always been comfortable. The rooms are not the most modern in the area, but if you are willing to pay 2 - 3 times the amount for a little more luxury within the surrounding hotels, then that is up to you. I have noticed over the past 4 months, that they have been renovating some rooms with new paint with accent walls, new carpet and flooring throughout, and new furniture etc.. The Crossland has FREE wireless internet. It is only 5 - 10 minutes walk to a variety of places to eat, from take away, to an awesome Bar & Grill (Sheep Herders) just around the corner, with very cheap happy hour prices. The Crossland is only 5 minutes walk to the Light Rail. It is situated in between Sacramento city, and Historic Folsom, and a night out, or a daily visit to either will only cost you a 5 minute walk and $2.50 to get there.
Another huge bonus with this place is that all staff that I have met, are super friendly. They will do all they can to make me feel at home every time I check in, and will not hesitate to call out and say hi to me if they see me in the car park, or on my way to do my washing next to the office. It makes a difference when you go away for 4 months, come back, and you are greeted by staff who will remember your name, and do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
It may sound like a sales pitch, but like I have said, this my home away from home. I have never a bad experience here. It has recently annoyed me that I have read untruthful reviews about Crossland Rancho Cordova, especially when I keep coming back for the same reason that, it is clean, comfortable, awesome staff, and the best value for money in the area!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I'm so thrilled that you have come to see us as your home away from home, that is what we strive for with every guest and I’m pleased to hear that we were successful.

I appreciate that you took time to recognize us and write a well thought out review about your experiences. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
San Francisco, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I usually stay at the Red Roof Inn and I had forgot to make reservation there so I had to find a room close by and Crossland was the closest one and it was my worst experience ever. I have been staying at hotels for close to 200 - 250 nights a year for the past 8+ years. When I went to the office there was no one there and waited for five minutes and as I was about to walk out I saw an employee and I asked if they had any rooms and they said they did and I checked in. After getting to my room with my luggage, the room was not ready. Went back to the office and they gave me another room. Went to the 2nd room and everything looked ok. Layed down and the beds are hard as a rock and the bathroom had no towels and amenities were not replenished after cleaning. Next morning I had a bad pain and it last all day. If you are thinking of staying at this hotel, think twice before staying here. As I mentioned earlier I would recommend staying at the Red Roof Inn. It is cheaper there and very friendly staff and rooms are a lot better.

Room Tip: Do not Stay here unless you want back pain.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the comfort of your room as well as the time you spent waiting in the office to check-in. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sar@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Where to start. Well I got here on a Sunday afternoon after making an online reservation. I walked into the front office and said I had a reservation and that I also had my dog. The lady at the front told me it would be $150 to keep her here for the week I would be staying. I handed them my card and for some reason they couldn't use it because it was a different card then the one I made the reservation with. My wife made my reservation and used her card. They then told me they had to send a third party verification to my wife to approve the charges for the room. I gave them 70 dollars to get into my room otherwise they wouldn't let me in. I get into the room and the place looks respectable. Looks are definitely deceiving. The bed was the hardest thing I've ever slept on in my life. The shower head has no pressure whatsoever. The carpet is filthy. They provide a set of dishes, pots and silverware for you and all of it had dried food on it. I turned the heater on and within a minute it stated smelling funny so I turned it off and then the smoke detector went off. The tv gets 19 channels and none of the good ones. The noise from the freeway is unbearable. Even if you have a room facing away from the freeway it's still pretty loud. There is constant police activity there. The first night I was there someone's windshield got busted out by two big rocks. They called the police but they couldn't do anything because the hotel DOES NOT HAVE CAMERAS!!! The next night their back window got busted out. They called the police and they still did nothing. In talking to the people a little more I find out they are constantly selling weed here and that the dude that busted out their windows was an "unsatisfied" customer. But nevertheless this stuff happened constantly the whole time I was staying there. Not to mention that the front desk likes to call you at 730 am. They called to tell me they still hadn't received the third party verification from my wife. And that they needed it by noon. She got it to them at 10 am. My wife calls me a couple hours later and says her card was charged 407.77. I went to the front desk to figure out how they came up with 407.77. Keep in mind I gave them $70. The pet fee is $25 a night and I was getting the room for $35. She told me "well we didn't receive the third party from your wife so we charged you $53.99 for the first night. Which means the 16.01 remaining from your 70 went towards the week rate. Then your wife's card was used to pay the difference." Sufficed to say I was pretty upset at this point I left with no further conversation to my room. I will NEVER EVER stay at one of their hotels again. Whether it be Crossland, StudioPLUS, Extended Stay Deluxe, Homestead Studio Suites, or Extended StayAmerica.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you had troubles checking in and with payment. In response to your feedback, I am personally looking into police activity on my property and finding out which guest had a broken window incident. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sar@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Where do I start? The check-in took forever to get us in the room. The room that I had reserved online wasn't available because they got over booked??? They gave us room w/ 2 beds. This room was HORRIBLE. The beds were hard like sleeping on rocks. TV remote was missing from the room. The room had bad smell we asked for non smoking room but they gave us smoking room. The AC had a moldy smell, the toilet was broken & the list goes on and on.... DO yourself a favor and run away from this place. There are so many other hotel option on next exit @ Zinfandel Dr. I had booked for 3 days but I cancelled the next morning & still waiting for my refund for the nights that I didn't stayed.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you encountered so many issues. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally checking each reservation to ensure each room is assigned correctly. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at sar@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at Crossland from July 30, 2012 to September 17, 2012. They had great rates, the manager Lisa was excellant and I would like to commend her for having a great staff to back her up. Between Marquise, Judy, Tammy, Beverly and Chase I don't know who to commend first. It was like being back home surrounded by my neighbors in the neighborhood, only they were in the office. I never went without anything, if there were any issues, it was fixed immediately, I even got a new bed when I first came because the one in my room was too hard. They really go above and beyond accommadating your needs. Everyone is very professional, happy have great attitudes and so loving. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know that is traveling to Sacramento, Ca before any others.

Room Tip: If you don't like eating out and love to cook. The rooms at Crossland have kitchenettes so you c...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Lisa, Marquise, Judy, Tammy, Beverly and Chase. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. And with so many lodging options in the area, we strive to stand out by providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr.

Address: 11299 Point East Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Location: United States > California > Rancho Cordova
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Extended Stay, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.