“Before you read the reviews thick how much you paid?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10721 White Rock Rd, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 (Formerly Extended StayAmerica Sacramento-Rancho Cordova)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
iran
“Before you read the reviews thick how much you paid?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed two night for the first time in this hotel for the first time I satisfied staying here and will come back again.
I located in a good spot. the hotel is clean , the room is spacious and well designed you have oven microvawe, refrigerator and kitchen staff. Also, you can find informative and kind staff in front desk.
However, I should explain some downsides of staying here to improve.I reached here 2 pm , but my room was not ready after 3 pm and I should ask hotel to change my room.
You can find break fast , but it is too simple.
Also, rooms can be noisy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Placerville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

When I went to check in they said they could not honor our reservation, even though I had already paid in full for 2 nights through Expedia. They said that due to a flag on the computer stating that I had stayed there 8 years ago and gave the hotel a very bad rating, their rule is to not let that person stay there again. We were essentially, "black balled" from staying. I became very irate and after speaking with an Extended Stay Manager, he said each facility has their own rules but that he had never heard of that rule and there was noting he could do for us. I spoke with Expedia, told them what the problem was and again I dealt with an unhelpful and unknowledgeable agent. This went on for 45 minutes and finally when I couldn't take it any longer I had Expedia cancel my reservation, credit a full refund back to my Visa and went out to search for another hotel.

It actually turned out to be to our advantage, because when we were leaving we noticed a man walking along the upstairs balcony and he was peeping into all the windows. Another man on another balcony was yelling down to his girlfriend/wife/whatever and swearing, etc. We took all the toxic issues into account and feel we "dodged a bullet" by not staying there after all.

Obviously the hotel doesn't want to improve from the 2005 review and if anything it's gotten worse. I have nothing good to say about this Extended Stay, it's staff and the Expedia isn't far behind.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Folsom, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was allowed to work remotely for an educational institution and moved to the Sacramento area to be closer to my ill father. I drove across the country with my two cats, staying nightly in hotels for the duration. My jewelry box went safely with me the entire time. Inside was my engagement/wedding rings which didn't fit at the time, and my deceased grandmother's jewelry, including a ring I was given at age 18. I'm 42 now.

I arrived at ESHA White Rock Road and immediately things were bad. The people above me were so loud, I could only guess that they were doing aerobics in their room. It literally sounded like people were jumping up and down..non-stop. I soon noticed a man with a young child entering the room so didn't complain. Kids will be kids.

When I received the "please review us" email from the manager I mentioned that it was very loud. They responded by telling me they would move me. I said fine, but I would like to wait for a room on the top floor, to avoid the same problem.

They moved me right next to the loud people. I responded by telling them it was not a good idea, but then they sent me another email saying the room was ready. The noise was getting really bad so I figured it would be better to be next to them rather than remain below. When I made it up there and had just about finished moving, they were moving out! Apparently the manager, Shaima, didn't put this together. Oh well, I was there. The room was housing about 10 people, adults and children, saw it with my own eyes. I noticed that the room went unused for days because these people had wrecked it. The stench could be smelled just walking by as the housekeepers cleaned it. This is not an exaggeration.

Flash forward a day or so, I was awakened by a hotel-wide fire alarm on Wednesday, September 4th, about 6am. It went on for ten minutes and I started to get nervous. My cats were starting to react badly to the noise so I thought it was time to load them in their carriers and take them to the parking lot. They were both frightened and hiding under the bed, so it was rather chaotic. Meanwhile I tried to call the front desk, as the room emergency instructions ask you to do, but no body answered. So I began the panicked process of getting my cats down the three flights of stairs.

The next day, the housekeeper came (first housekeeper visit). I stayed while she worked because I don't trust anyone with my animals. She'a a nice girl and I give her a tip when she left.

Later, I'm going out to meet a relative so go to put jewelry on. The box is gone. Panic ensues, and I tear the room apart looking for it. I call the front desk. Clerk tells me he can do nothing and to talk to the manager, Shaima, in the morning.

I don't sleep at all that night, so am at Shaima's office about 6am, if not earlier. I tell her what happened and she literally rolled her eyes at me. She immediately tells me her staff doesn't steal. Well, I never said nor implied that they did, because they were never in my room alone to my knowledge. While it is highly improbable that I left the box in the first room, because I am 100% certain that I saw the box in my new room, I ask her to contact the people who were now occupying my previous room. I never lost my cool or raised my voice, I was exhausted so that wasn't actually possible. She said, "yeah, I'll do it later". Didn't sound too convincing. She offered no sort of "I'm sorry you are experiencing this"...she offered NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. No sort of help.

I realized that I had worn a pair of earrings from the box and understood now that the box was stolen during the FIRE ALARM while we all waited like idiots, for over an hour, in the hotel parking lot. In hauling out the cat carriers, and the all the chaos, the door must have not closed properly.

When I called the corporate offices later, "Justin" asked me if the manager had filed an "incident report". I told her that Shaima, in fact, did nothing. He said this was wrong. He called her while I was still on the phone. When I returned to the hotel and told her I was there to pick up the incident report, I asked her "Don't you think you should have done this earlier? Or perhaps let me know there would be steps to address this situation?" Her response was "Oh yeah I did it". Sure you did...because I went over your head.

Following this, I made a police report with the Rancho Cordova Police Department. The woman was nice, she got some of the facts wrong, but was very sympathetic. She emailed the report to me very quickly.

In the end, the "customer relations", higher-ups at Extended Stay Hotels of America, located in Charlotte, North Carolina, did absolutely nothing to assist me. The only person who showed the slightest bit of sympathy was "Justin", the first person I talked to, because I started crying when I mentioned my grandmother's rings. The customer relations woman I finally got on the phone assured me that they had no liability in the case, but informed me my case was being sent to AIG insurance, and they would be calling me by such-and-such date. Of course they never did, so I followed up. After repeated reminders to their rep, she told me I would receive no reimbursement for my loss, even though it was stolen during a time when I was forced out of my hotel room, under duress, with my pets. When I asked her about her "investigation" which entailed a lame phone call to the aforementioned Shaima, she let me know that there was no witness to someone stealing my jewelry box (isn't that what usually happens in a robbery?), and that the hotel has absolutely no surveillance camera in the area of my room (note: this hotel is right next to a major freeway) to protect their guests, and therefore, they would do nothing for me. She told me: "Prove it. No one saw your jewelry box." That is true. No one besides my family knew I had it. I did take pictures of my cats in the room, but not the box. Would you go around announcing that you had a jewelry box in your room? Probably not. I asked for a description of their investigation from AIG. To date I have not received it. I won't give up.

The only thing I want are my precious things. I would pay the full value I estimated on the police report to get them back. I would pay triple. They are priceless to me. I would pay 5 times their worth. Like my pets, I felt that they were safest with me. I tell people that losing those things was like that scene in the Tom Hanks movie Castaway, where Wilson the volleyball floats away. I still apologize to my things that are now with some piece of scum. I'm so sorry. Maybe some day some person who changed their life will return to ESHA and tell them they want to give it back to their rightful owner. Maybe Shaima will prove to have compassionate fiber in her body and call me in that case. I doubt any of that will happen. But what I can do is ENCOURAGE YOU NOT TO STAY IN ANY EXTENDED STAY HOTEL OF AMERICA ANY WHERE IN AMERICA. These people didn't even offer to refund the cost of my stay. Their morals and concern for customers, let alone fellow humans, is as shabby as the covers they put on their beds. Tell your friends, and your friend's friends. Stay far away, and whatever you do, never assume what you do to keep your things safe is enough. But the way you treat people will always come back to you, and the way I was treated by ESHA-Rancho Cordova, their Corporate Headquarters, and AIG Insurance will come back to them. It always does.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Stockton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our extended stay only lasted one day, but this location is now tops on my list. It was extremely clean & easy to find. It is right off the freeway with a gas station on the corner so you don't have to worry where to find gas. Check in was a breeze, with a very personable staff person. The surrounding area seems reputable. 2 restaurants (Mexican & fast food) basically in the parking lot. Did not have a lot of noise where I was, although being close to the primary parking lot I did hear the cars parking & locking. Would love to stay here longer sometime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, September 25, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am so happy to hear that you found our hotel extremely clean, as our team takes great pride in their work to keep our property spotless. Our prime location offers restaurants within walking distance and easy access to the freeway, we hope the location was convenient for you. I hope you enjoyed our convenient grab-and-go breakfast each morning.

Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The only problem I had was finding my room. They are not always in order at this hotel. The room was nice and clean. Nice to see a full sized refrigerator in the room. Bathroom was extra clean. Enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Deanne - Thank you for posting such a good review about our hotel. Please accept our apologies that the room was a little difficult to find, we are in the process of installing new room signs that will make navigating the hotel much easier. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a spacious room and clean bathroom. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed the full-sized refrigerator in the kitchen.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Another awesome stay at Extended Stay America White Rock Rd Rancho Cordova. Shaima was very accommodating at her hotel property at ready to make sure your stay is the best for you and your guest. She is always trying to make you have everything. Sincerely Edward Herbaugh

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding me and the Hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have been here since May of this year and plan on staying through the end of the year. We are looking for a permanant home and this is a great place to stay while we are looking and saving a lot of money! The price of an apartment, SMUD, cable etc., would way exceed what we are paying here. Here we have everything we need. Space, amenities. The staff is awesome. Prasad took care of everything we needed. He had our back no matter what we asked for, he was on top of it. Not only did he take care of us, I observed him interacting with other customers check in and out and his professionalism goes above and beyond anyone's expectations. This is a great place to stay. The only thing missing is a pool, otherwise it is our "home away from home" and we are very comfortable here. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We preferred a room on the south side second or third floor. It is extremely quiet and you don'...