“Safe hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Rancho Cordova
Phoenix, Arizona
“Safe hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Staff is very willing to go that extra step to make certain that their guests have what they need. I have stayed at this hotel for several weeks. I feel safe, welcomed and get a good nights rest. Breakfast is served by attentive staff who make certain the food is hot and plentiful. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. They find solutions to all of my needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RanchoCordovaRI_SM, Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments and great feedback about our hotel during your stay with us. We will be sure to pass these comments on to our staff and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Victoria Everett
Asst. General Manager

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Carpentersville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's my home away from home. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. They make my stay there relaxing and comfortable. Love the fact that I can cook my own food in my room if I want. Not great in the selection of TV channels or Movie channels. But its a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RanchoCordovaRI_SM, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments and great feedback about our hotel. We will be sure to pass these comments on to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I love coming back to this Residence Inn. Staff is always friendly and they make me feel like I am comong home. It's great to check in and the staff remembers your name from the time before as well as your preferences.
The rooms are comfortable and are kept beautifully clean.
Actually it's better than home.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for the kind comments. We will be sure to pass these comments on to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Redding, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn and was traveling alone. The layout of the hotel was wonderful and what I, as a lady traveling alone and arriving in the evening, appreciated the phone call from the front desk to make sure I liked my accommodations and just checking in on me. There are different locations to attend conferences, and I will definitely select Rancho Cordova and the Residence Inn in the future.

Great selection of breakfast items also!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Still mindful of our extremely pleasant lodging experience at the Residence Inn at Disneyland this past summer, we went out of our way to work a Residence Inn stay into our winter vacation.

We chose the one at Zinfandel and Hwy 50 near Sacramento, since this was convenient to all of our family destinations. Our check-in was seamless and I couldn't help but notice just how immaculately clean the hotel was - the community areas, as well as our room. And since one of my pet peaves is in checking into a hotel where I have made reservations for 4, just to have to return to the front desk to ask for additional towels to accommodate that number, I was particularly appreciative that there were not only towels for 4, but extras in all sizes.

We had made arrangements for a two-bedroom suite, which was awesome because we could set up our Christmas, including stockings and mini tree and gifts in the living area and close the door to the girls' teenage mess. They had their own bathroom, as well. Awesome! The room description had promised a stove-top, but our kitchen had an oven also, which allowed us to bake the green bean casserole before heading to Grandma's on Christmas Day. I think our mattress was just a little soft, but maybe more people prefer them soft than hard. And although I can't remember them all now, I remember commenting on multiple occasions the great number of appointments provided to make the guest stay more convenient.

The daily breakfast was plentiful - with between 4 and 5 hot dishes offered daily, (twice they had turkey canadian bacon, which the girls appreciated) plus waffles and oatmeal. Fresh fruit, yogurt with granola and a variety of baked items was also available and the hotel apparently offered an evening meal of some kind on weeknights. We weren't around for that, but I thought it was a nice touch.

Although they only had a chance to take advantage of it once, the girls loved the heated indoor pool and jacuzzi. (Wish we had that at our hotel here in Lake Tahoe...) The pool area was otherwise empty and they enjoyed the space entirely.

We received a nice note from the GM, as well as a follow-up call to a note we had left upon check-out. We will absolutely plan to stay here when we return to visit family again next Christmas.

Room Tip: Our room was sound-proof, so I don't think it matters. We were on the first floor and never hea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RanchoCordovaRI_SM, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
“Thank you for providing us with your feedback and kind words about our hotel. I also apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. I will be sure these issues get addressed. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as making sure any issues get resolved. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you visit the Scaramento area.

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed at this Marriott property several times over lengthy periods while working in the Sacramento area. Marriott never disappoints, but this location goes the extra mile to make each guests experience the best possible. I have seen them accommodate all sorts or requests, always with a smile and can do attitude. Everyone on staff gives a 100% always pleasant and looks to make each guest feel comfortable and "at home". Simply the best!

Room Tip: Avoid the corner rooms by the dumpster. 5:30am is pick up time and wakes you up. Also the noise fr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RanchoCordovaRI_SM, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments and staying with us so frequently. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we definetly look forward to your return. Please contact us directly when your travels bring you back to the Sacramento area.

Richmond, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This Residence Inn is a three-story building versus the RI properties that are made up of clusters of two-story "condo-like" buildings. I stayed in a "1 Bedroom Larger Suite, 1 Queen, Sofabed" and was very impressed with the new decor, the layout of the room, the Paul Mitchell bath amenities. The room was very amenable for business, with a large desk overlooking the window and a bank of power outlets along the edge of the desktop. The view out the windows were of green liquid amber or sycamore trees that screened out the neighboring Fairfield Inn and Suites.

A week before my schedule stay, a hotel staff member left me a phone message at home notifying me that their indoor pool would be out of service for renovations during my stay and to contact them should I have any concerns. I should have called, or at least brought my swim trunks, because I learned during check-in that guests could use the pool next door at their sister property the Fairfield Inn.

One could barely hear the traffic on nearby Interstate 50. If you're at all a light sleeper, there is an air conditioning unit locked behind a door in the bedroom that may keep you awake. When the a/c is actively cooling, it sounds as if a Harley-Davidson motorcycle is idling in that closet. It's not so much how loud it sounds but it's the low frequency rumble/vibration that can be disturbing, since those frequencies don't normally get blocked out using earplugs. The noise was not so obvious in the living area so I suppose you could choose to sleep on the sleeper sofa. I had trouble trying to take an afternoon nap, but was okay to sleep at night. I love sleeping on the Residence Inn beds . . . they're the most comfortable.

I've also stayed at the Hyatt Place across the street, and although it is nice, I like this property better. I will absolutely be returning here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
RanchoCordovaRI_SM, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments and great feedback that had about our hotel during your stay with us in July. We will be sure to pass these comments on to our staff and we hope too have have you back again as our guest soon.

Terry Park

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!