“There's a reason why this is the #1 hotel in the area....SERVICE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Rancho Cordova
Orange County, CA
“There's a reason why this is the #1 hotel in the area....SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel is the best choice in the area for business or leisure. My recent stay included two nights for each, and I can’t say enough great things about this location or the staff. My telephone conversation with Olivia the day prior to arrival gave me the feeling that she truly cared about my upcoming experience. She greeted me with enthusiasm and a smile upon arrival, and she continued to validate her sincerity for the duration of my stay.

A short drive from downtown Sacramento (10 minutes), this hotel was the perfect location for business travels. They offer comfortable accommodations, a meticulously maintained facility, and all of the right features to make business travel easy. The gym features new equipment, there’s a Starbucks onsite, the business center is well-equipped, and the restaurant is very good. The rooms are spacious, the high-speed internet was quick and reliable, and the concierge lounge is among the best.

This hotel is also ideal for leisure, as it’s conveniently located to the surrounding wine country. A short drive down Sunrise will take you to a highway that winds through the Sierra foothills and delivers you into the blissful heaven that is Amador County. There are so many wineries, small markets, and restaurants to explore. The Rancho Cordova Marriott offered the perfect place to rest between days of exploration.

Thank you Olivia and the entire staff at the Rancho Cordova Marriott…we will be back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
Dear Winopanda,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova. Your kind comments for Olivia have already been shared with her and she is indeed one of the best! I'm pleased that we can not only serve you for your business needs, but leisure as well. The Sierra Foothills are a well kept secret that is gaining momentum for day trips out of Sacramento, and our location puts us only 40 minutes to the nearest vineyard.

We look forward to serving you again soon! Thanks again.

Safe travels,

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Dear Kent(Manager of Mariott in Rancho Cordova)
We had an excellent stay. Your staff was very friendly, courteous, and responsive to all our needs. My son who lives in Rancho Cordova recommended your hotel and his recommendation lived up to our expectations. My son, daughter-in-law and grand children enjoyed the swim and Thursday brunch by the pool. If we come for a visit to see our son and his family, my wife and I (and any of our 10 children) would definitely stay at your establishment again.
I spent three years as the US Army's Chief of Marketing and I know that it is always nice to get good feed back from customers. Thank you for running a good operation and your excellent service to me and my family.

Art Mark
LtCol, Retired
US Army Combat Infantry, paratrooper, & RANGER

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Dear Mr. Mark,

We're pleased to hear that your family enjoyed our facilities here at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova. Your kind comments will be shared with the entire team. We look forward to hosting another family reunion (all 10 kids, and their children!) in the future. Thank you.

Best Regards, amd safe travels!
wesmont il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

i cant say enough about my stay at this hotel it was such a great trip i plan on just going to say hi to the people there im from chicago. and its a tuff town here i was so surprised to be trearted with the respect and my every need was taken care of no matter what i asked marriott in rancho crdova ca. not much in the town it self but the people are awesome. if you ever go there there is this young man named patrick egan find him and talk with him i see him as a future leader what ever road he takes he will be on top he works the nite shift i was up most of the time couldnt sleep half the time but he took time to lend me his ear for some time the whole staff just wonderful i had to speak with the general manager to express my thoughts very nice man in my experances you dont run into that many people in one place that go above and beyond there job duties such a pleasant place to be i found it in my heart to extend the into my family thats how they made m,y stay there .

Dear Taddyales,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments in to Tripadvisor! It was especially kind of you to mention Patrick for his excellent customer service skills. He will appreciate your recognition of him.
I also want to thank you for seeking me out while you were here to commend our entire team. If I remember, you were accompanying your wife who was in town on a business trip. I hope all went well for her. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Best Regards, and safe travels!
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Concierge Level is amazing Joan and Emilia treat you like the family.

*Free breakfast
*Business Center
*Concierge Lounge

Joan is great at noticing your likes and dislikes by day two ! If She finds out your working late she will leave food out a bit longer.

Emilia will find out if you liked or disliked things in your room and make sure you are super happy with youor stay.

These women welcomed my colleagues and Myself as if we just got home and we were the favored child.

Really enjoyed my stay .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Dear pickanameanyname,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel's Concierge Lounge. Your kind comments about the personal service you received from Joan and Emelia will be shared with them. These great ladies are what makes the stay up on that level well worthwhile and I'm pleased they made you feel special.

We all look forward to serving you and your associates again on your next trip to Rancho Cordova!

Best Regards,
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Came up here for a horse show and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Was clean and up to date. Nice that there was a Starbucks in the lobby. Would come again for a horse show. Not a great vacation area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Dear Tripper1288,

We're pleased that you stayed with us for the horse show at the Equestrian Center. Starbucks is a great place to start the day, I agree. Being new to the Sacramento area, I'm finding new treasures in the immediate area that make my leisure time very productive. Our front desk agents can provide numerous activities to help you as well next time you stay with us.

I hope that the show went well for you and your family. We look forward to serving you again soon on your next visit to Rancho Cordova.

All the Best!
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Our group, the 38th Bomb Wing (France) Association have been holding reunions every two years since 1960 and we found the Marriott Hotel in Rancho Cordova to be one of the best hotels we ever had the pleasure to stay in for our group.
The staff were professional and very accomodating. They met our every need during our stay. As a military reunion group, they treated us with respect and kindness. We were welcomed as "guests" and not as "intruders", as we have sometimes found at several other hotels over the years.
The rooms were very comfortable, our banquet facilities and dinner was also superb. The Formaggio Restaurant within the hotel featured an excellent menu with reasonable prices, fine food and excellent service.
We, of the 38th Bomb Wing (France) Association, are pleased to highly recommend this hotel to any Military Reunion hosts that seeks to have a very successful and pleasant reunion for it's members. Sacramento? Great city with a lot to offer all reunions.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, June 27, 2010
Dear BlackbirdB57,

First of all, I want to thank you and the entire 38th Bomb Group (France) for your service to our country. The upcoming 4th of July celebration would be nothing without our veteran's sacrifices over the years.

The entire team at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova was proud to serve the 38th as well. Many from your group traveled great distances to come to California, and we appreciate it very much. Your kind comments make us proud to be one of the finest hotel facilities in No. Cal to get together to meet for pleasure or business.

If we can assist to help with your plans for 2012, let me know. Thanks again!

Best Regards,
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I stayed in this lovely hotel for the long Memorial Day Weekend to attend the NCAA Women’s Rowing Championships. Not only was the hotel very convenient to the competition, I found it to be refreshing to be away from typical challenges a downtown hotel (parking $) or airport hotel (noise) presents to a traveler. The staff was not only attentive, but they began to engage me at every encounter (desk, restaurant, lovely Starbucks, even the housekeepers). I ran into the Manager one morning outside the elevator greeting each guest with a “good morning”. From top to bottom I experienced consistent “can do” attitudes. Food in Formageo(sp?) was excellent. The pool is outstanding too! Love the waterfall that is almost like "white noise" from the sound of the street - very relaxing! I fell asleep poolside which is rare for me. All in all, a fantastic trip!
I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Ninibugs,

The entire team at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova thanks you for your kind comments about our hotel and their hospitality. I'm proud to lead this team because they envision themselves as "the best people, serving people best"!

Don't forget the sunblock when relaxing by the pool. The California sun can get you in a hurry:-).

Thanks again, and safe traveling!

Kent Peterson

Been to Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!